...life can be translucent

Menu

Which way are you guys explore in Yi?

Yuhanhuangli

visitor
Reaction score
there are many different ways to study in "zhouyi." People usually interested in "Fate", "Qimen" or Plum blossom divination.In China, we divide those divinations and study on one field

Gmulii

visitor
Reaction score
five elements and Najia are different ways to solve those Hexagrams.

True.
Sadly, practice shows for the west these systems are still difficult to get into...
And its not like there isn't info, there are forums with thousands of examples, free translations(I think we already have most of the wild crane book translated in forums), free apps with western names of branches/stems and relations, free books around and anything else one can think of.

But in practice from what I have seen so far, there isn't a lot of enthusiasm for it and the cases that do have usually give up soon after. The few of us interested in that from the western world that decide to stay with it until it works, just learn and practice it in more eastern oriented forums, usually for the whole Five Arts and not for Yi Jing specifically.

Its sad but I'm guessing it just needs someone like Wilhelm or Legge to actually start introducing them. Until then if we are interested in that there is plenty of info in more eastern oriented forums. In here, the view to the text with the lines is very interesting at times, but that is as far as it goes and it seems that is how it will be at least for the near future. Its still very good place for learning interesting view to the text, though.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).