...life can be translucent

Menu

Help needed with determining Hexagram number

heritage

visitor
Reaction score
Hi all,
Hope everyone is well.

I was in need of some divine guidance earlier today and I was suggested by a friend to try the I-Ching. I have heard many good things about this oracle so I decided to give it a go at trusted tarot.

My problem is; after asking my question and virtually tossing the coins I have an image of a hexagram, the website labels it 'Ting (The Caldron)'
However, the lines of the hexagram however correspond with hexagram 49 instead of hexagram 50 (Cauldron) so I am not sure actually what I am looking at. Additionally, there seems to be 3 changing lines so I'm even more perplexed as I am thinking does this mean the overall hexagram is meant to be something else?

I was hoping someone could please take a look at the attached screenshot of the hexagram and point me in the right direction in terms of what hexagrams I should actually be reviewing.

FYI If it's helpful, my question was regarding a love interest (not in a relationship) and I was contemplating whether my approach to courtship was correct.
"Is my approach regarding pursuing X appropriate for success?"

Thank you all!
Much appreciated.

Attachments

• TING.jpg
    TING.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
The image you posted is wrongly labelled. What trashy website did you download that from (don't tell me it's this one :blush:)

Some eejit has drawn hexagram 49 and labelled it as 50.

So you got 49.2.3.6>10. That is 49 with lines 2,3 and 6 changing to 10.

Use the online tool here and the learning resources here as there are many rubbish I Ching sites with terrible advice on them and then people end up here for emergency treatment.

What was the website ? We know of a few bad ones but it always helps to know where people that come here have been misinformed from ?

heritage

visitor
Reaction score
The image you posted is wrongly labelled. What trashy website did you download that from (don't tell me it's this one :blush:)

Some eejit has drawn hexagram 49 and labelled it as 50.

So you got 49.2.3.6>10. That is 49 with lines 2,3 and 6 changing to 10.

Use the online tool here and the learning resources here as there are many rubbish I Ching sites with terrible advice on them and then people end up here for emergency treatment.

What was the website ? We know of a few bad ones but it always helps to know where people that come here have been misinformed from ?

Thank you for replying Trojina!
Appreciate the clarification.
So Hex 49 is the underlying answer and 10 is what I can expect?

The website I used was trustedtarot.com
I know what you mean about all these rubbish sites with poor interpretations. I'm glad I've found this place.

Do you think you could help me with the interpretation please? I'd really appreciate it. I've seen some good ideas on jamesdekorne.com (at least I think they're good). But not sure how to put it all together. Especially now that there are 2 hexagrams to consider.

If it is useful i could share more about the background of my situation too?

Many thanks!

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
So Hex 49 is the underlying answer and 10 is what I can expect?

No. Both primary and relating hexagram are your answer, so you would take both hexagrams into account and in particular how they connect to each other for the reading. They connect to each other through the change lines, When there are no change lines you have an unchanging hexagram so you just read the primary. People do vary in how they read the primary and relating together but most here do not confine the relating hexagram to 'the future'. It is best read quite fluidly as the context, where you are, what surrounds the question and so can include elements of both the past and future.

It is most important you learn to cast by hand using coins or beads. This is because you won't understand what change lines really are without that. Well you might but many don't.

The website I used was trustedtarot.com
I know what you mean about all these rubbish sites with poor interpretations. I'm glad I've found this place.

They may be trusted in tarot but you can't trust them for the I Ching by the look of it.

Do you think you could help me with the interpretation please? I'd really appreciate it. I've seen some good ideas on jamesdekorne.com (at least I think they're good). But not sure how to put it all together. Especially now that there are 2 hexagrams to consider.

If it is useful i could share more about the background of my situation too?

If you follow this link it tells you what you need to provide for us to help best

https://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/fri...59-How-to-get-the-most-from-sharing-a-reading

So we do need your question and some background as well as your own ideas on the reading.

F

Freedda

Heritage, I would suggest that you maybe start over with a new reading, using the free I Ching tool on this site:

https://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/reading/free-online-i-ching/

You can then post the new reading here. It's good to include your exact question or query, the hexagrams and the lines you received, and something about what you think the reading means for you. However, I suggest that you avoid copying the entire reading into your thread!

A good format to show this is: 34.3.5 > 58 or 34.3.5 to 58, which means: 'hexagram 34 with moving lines 3 and 5, resulting in hexagram 58.' (You will often see the resulting, or 'changing to' hexagram called the 'related' or 'resultant' hexagram.) If you have no moving lines, you can write it as 45uc, which is '45 unchanging.'

The free readings on this site are accurate, and give you a reading based on Hilary's book, which I find useful and accessible.

As Trojina noted, there are also learning resources - both free and for a fee - on this site. The free course is a good place to start learning the I Ching.

Last edited:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Heritage, I would suggest that you maybe start over with a new reading, using the free I Ching tool on this site:

:confused: why ? I think the cast she cast is her answer so why would she have to cast again ? What makes you say this, as a matter of interest ?

Oh hang on maybe you think that because if trash site couldn't even give her right hexagram name how can they be relied on to produce a hexagram at all ?

F

Freedda

:confused: why ? ... Oh hang on maybe you think that because if trash site couldn't even give her right hexagram name how can they be relied on to produce a hexagram at all ?
Yes, that's it! Without knowing the numbers/lines of their (he, she, they's?) cast I don't think we can really know what the answer was (both the hexagrams and moving lines). I therefore thought it would be best to start over. D.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Well I would take it as the picture shows which was 49.2.3.6>10. The wrong thing was the label I feel thus I would like to read that original cast.

50 is 49 upside down of course. Tarot sites should stick to Tarot.

I guess it is to you whether to cast again heritage.

F

Freedda

... I would take it as the picture shows which was 49.2.3.6>10 ... I guess it is to you whether to cast again heritage.
I didn't see the details of the lines when looking at it on my tablet, so I suppose if those are the correct lines, Heritage could go for it. But that's up to them as you say ...

D

heritage

visitor
Reaction score
Hey Trojina & Freedda,
Thank you both for your replies. When I casted this reading I was in the right state of mind. At present, I'm surrounded by many distractions - very difficult to get space or time to breathe.
The reading I generated via that site (a shame the site got the labels wrong), I put a lot my energy into.

So I think maybe it is ideal to use this cast? I also don't want to keep making new hexagrams and end up confusing myself any further.

If it's okay with you guys can we read this cast?
Shall I make a new thread or can we discuss in here?

cheers!

EDIT (Adding what my query was):
Question: Will my approach regarding pursuing X (girl of interest) be successful - culminate in girlfriend?

In late November, I was overseas for work. Met a girl, got to know her over the phone and then meet her the next week. We had back to back dates which went great. She agreed at the end of the first date, that she'd like to be in a relationship with me. Second date, we had an excellent time, she was laughing, responding well, but right at the end I was too intense (rushed holding her hand - made a joke she was nervous because her hand was sweating). - Silly I know.
She had wanted to go slow and told me. Because of the age difference, I suppose, I mistakenly talked about future priorities etc.
Nevertheless we had no contact till she told me toward the end of that week "sorry H, not ready to talk yet".
Foolish as I am (was too emotional as I'd fallen hard), I spam texted her the next week. She blocked me on chat! Fair enough.
My approach now, is to just give her space, no initiation of contact on my end.
I return to the country i met her in to live in late Feb. I am not sure what I will do at that time. Whether I reach out right away, or wait. I am hoping to be surprised by her contact.

Looking at both these hexagrams, in particular 10 -- it tells me i need to go really slow, and not try and rush things. The description of hex 10 -- walking on a tigers tail is very apt.
If I'm given another opportunity with her, I need to be very gentle in my approach.
Regarding hex 49, I am not sure how it applies to be honest! On surface level people must be thinking that I should probably just give up on this girl. But truth is, I am so clam inside, I intuit she's taking time - cooling off, before we start again. I hope that is not projection!

Underneath it all, I feel confident I will be able to succeed establishing a relationship but I would like to hear the Iching and I am sure you guys will help me navigate this situation carefully and appropriately! I made the mistake in the beginning with my actions, but I think we both know there's merit in us as a couple. Especially considering how well we relate.

Thank you all!

Last edited:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Trojina & Freedda,
Thank you both for your replies. When I casted this reading I was in the right state of mind. At present, I'm surrounded by many distractions - very difficult to get space or time to breathe.
The reading I generated via that site (a shame the site got the labels wrong), I put a lot my energy into.

There is no particular frame of mind required to cast the I Ching, you can ask whatever your state of mind.

So I think maybe it is ideal to use this cast? I also don't want to keep making new hexagrams and end up confusing myself any further.

If it's okay with you guys can we read this cast?
Shall I make a new thread or can we discuss in here?

Yes why not use this cast. It is 49.2.3.6>10 for any readers.

EDIT (Adding what my query was):
Question: Will my approach regarding pursuing X (girl of interest) be successful - culminate in girlfriend?

Thanks for the question

In late November, I was overseas for work. Met a girl, got to know her over the phone and then meet her the next week. We had back to back dates which went great. She agreed at the end of the first date, that she'd like to be in a relationship with me. Second date, we had an excellent time, she was laughing, responding well, but right at the end I was too intense (rushed holding her hand - made a joke she was nervous because her hand was sweating). - Silly I know.
She had wanted to go slow and told me. Because of the age difference, I suppose, I mistakenly talked about future priorities etc.
Nevertheless we had no contact till she told me toward the end of that week "sorry H, not ready to talk yet".
Foolish as I am (was too emotional as I'd fallen hard), I spam texted her the next week. She blocked me on chat! Fair enough.

Not sure what you mean by 'spam texted'. I know what spam is but you weren't a spammer. Maybe you just mean you texted her is a spam like way. Anyway she blocked you. It doesn't sound good.

My approach now, is to just give her space, no initiation of contact on my end.

Well if she has blocked you then you have no choice. It seems like no further approach is even possible so it's no longer a question of approach at all.

I return to the country i met her in to live in late Feb. I am not sure what I will do at that time. Whether I reach out right away, or wait. I am hoping to be surprised by her contact.

She has rejected you in no uncertain terms so I'm not sure why you would reach out again.

Looking at both these hexagrams, in particular 10 -- it tells me i need to go really slow, and not try and rush things. The description of hex 10 -- walking on a tigers tail is very apt.
If I'm given another opportunity with her, I need to be very gentle in my approach.

Also be very cautious. From her perspective it's quite possible she would regard any further contact from as harassment and may take appropriate action against you. Be very careful not to cross her boundaries. If she says 'no' she means 'no' and it seems to me she has said 'no' as clearly as she possibly can. So I'd think the 10 here was describing possible consequences for you if you press yourself on her further.

Regarding hex 49, I am not sure how it applies to be honest! On surface level people must be thinking that I should probably just give up on this girl. But truth is, I am so clam inside, I intuit she's taking time - cooling off, before we start again. I hope that is not projection!

Well the 49 does appear to indicate that after much more discussion (49.3) perhaps you can establish something on quite a different footing than you first imagined. For some reason I wonder if you have under estimated her strength in some way ? I don't know whether this would be strength of character or strength of position, perhaps she has a protective family, protective friends, even another man. I only say this because my feeling as I'm writing is that you may stand to get bitten (10) if you don't fully recognise who you are dealing with. I think you need to be extra cautious in approach, deferential and also leaving her space to take this, if at all, at the pace she wants.

I realize it can often be difficult for a man to know how much to pursue a woman because on the one hand not giving up and continuing when she is reluctant is often portrayed as committed, romantic, passionate, exciting etc etc in the movies and such. There's fine line between that kind of determination to win her because you feel passionate and crossing the boundary into bullying or what can be seen as harassment. That's why I think you need to be ultra cautious. It does sound like you have frightened her off. Now if you think she has entirely the wrong idea about you how can you communicate without setting off alarm bells in her head ? Perhaps a sincere letter explaining how she may have misunderstood ?

If I hadn't seen the cast I would advise you to leave her alone and to be honest I don't feel too good about suggesting you continue trying to communicate with her, but the 49 does seem to suggest this whole thing can perhaps be remade, redefined, possibly far more on her terms.

Underneath it all, I feel confident I will be able to succeed establishing a relationship but I would like to hear the Iching and I am sure you guys will help me navigate this situation carefully and appropriately! I made the mistake in the beginning with my actions, but I think we both know there's merit in us as a couple. Especially considering how well we relate.

Well at first she did say she wanted a relationship and then something freaked her out, her perception of you suddenly changed.

I think if I were in your shoes (and if I were male) I wouldn't give up hope, I think there may be a turnaround from her but it is going to take time and much negotiation (49.3) and I also wonder if it isn't just her you have to negotiate with ? What about her background and her family, I wonder if they need to have input into how desirable the connection is. I say this because I have always found a lot of patience is needed in line 3. You want people to see something that is obvious to you but your word is not enough, everyone has to agree, there's no fast track here. There might be all sorts of factors to negotiate even in practical terms such as money, where to live and so on.

Line 2 suggests it is the right time to remake the relationship but both line 3 and 6 show you really are going to have to be very circumspect about your pacing and about your aims. So in short it seems a good idea to try and renew this but you will have to be very careful not only for her sake but for your own sake too. The 10 shows you stand to get hurt too if you aren't careful so maybe a letter explaining how you think things went wrong and then leave it up to her to get in touch ? Be very humble explaining you will let her lead you in how fast this moves and how it moves and make sure she knows you regret what happened before.

You asked if your approach would be successful. Well I hesitate to predict because it's down to her and she isn't showing signs of interest but it is quite a powerful combination of hexagrams so whilst you must be careful it isn't a time to be very timid either. I'd think there was a chance of success - although maybe I ought not to say that given she blocked you.

Lavalamp

visitor
Reaction score
Heritage,
When I read for others, I first check it on Ewald's eclectic energies site to make sure the hexes and lines posted add up correctly.
Then for lines or unchanging hexes, I have used the memorizing threads or list of unchanging hexes threads sticky posts here at Clarity in the Understanding Divination forum, and use the lines search for what other people's experiences have been with particular combinations of lines. Failing that, the whole site search. This has enlarged my understanding of the Yi a lot. But I personally get many readings no one else has posted about a lot, for some unknown reason.
And I do use Dekorne's site a lot these days, because it shows you many different translations and commentaries side by side. That's called a "Concordance" with the Bible, and it's the only one I have found for the Yi online. Really helpful in understanding the hexes and the lines in context better.

- LL

heritage

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Trojina!
Thank you for replying - very much appreciate it.

Yes why not use this cast. It is 49.2.3.6>10 for any readers.

Not sure what you mean by 'spam texted'. I know what spam is but you weren't a spammer. Maybe you just mean you texted her is a spam like way. Anyway she blocked you. It doesn't sound good.

By spam text I mean I texted her a bunch of needy/emotional texts on a certain day - high number. Guys tend to do this. About the blocking bit, on surface level, yeah. Not good. But many people do this as a way to just deal with stuff - especially younger generation.

Well if she has blocked you then you have no choice. It seems like no further approach is even possible so it's no longer a question of approach at all.

Oh well, I can actually still reach out to her if I want. Two ways, I have a friend that contacted her many weeks ago on my behalf. X (let's call her Jane), did not block her so she can communicate with her. I can also message her from another chat account. Some guys, I'd wager, would say enough space has been allowed for so let me reach back to her. I am of the viewpoint that that should not be done at all.

She has rejected you in no uncertain terms so I'm not sure why you would reach out again.

That's true. Her last words were "sorry H, not ready to talk just yet". Her actions of blocking followed after a couple outbursts from me. I lost my balance.

Also be very cautious. From her perspective it's quite possible she would regard any further contact from as harassment and may take appropriate action against you. Be very careful not to cross her boundaries. If she says 'no' she means 'no' and it seems to me she has said 'no' as clearly as she possibly can. So I'd think the 10 here was describing possible consequences for you if you press yourself on her further.

Yes, if she says no that is quite right. Will just add though, I don't think she'll consider me to be a bully or harassing - as I'd have to be next level crazy for that. If I were to re-engage it would be very brief message.

Well the 49 does appear to indicate that after much more discussion (49.3) perhaps you can establish something on quite a different footing than you first imagined. For some reason I wonder if you have under estimated her strength in some way ? I don't know whether this would be strength of character or strength of position, perhaps she has a protective family, protective friends, even another man.

Good question. I believe I have under-estimated her conservatism. I am very jupiterian in her company, i just feel that way. She's told me a couple of times she would like to take things slow etc. I think my large visions are a bit much and I think she really is quite reserved. She'd tell me I make her very shy. So I need to be really slow w/ her. I like how you say "establish something under different footing" - key word different. I was ready to just go "all - in". Pacing myself is essential now.

I only say this because my feeling as I'm writing is that you may stand to get bitten (10) if you don't fully recognise who you are dealing with. I think you need to be extra cautious in approach, deferential and also leaving her space to take this, if at all, at the pace she wants.

Yeah I intuited this too. I have to tread on the tail of the tiger carefully. I cannot be as expressive and forward as I was last time round. I made her excited, but too much intensity. Giving her the space, like you mention, was my approach. She can still see me in her contacts list, I am not going to force anything.

I realize it can often be difficult for a man to know how much to pursue a woman because on the one hand not giving up and continuing when she is reluctant is often portrayed as committed, romantic, passionate, exciting etc etc in the movies and such. There's fine line between that kind of determination to win her because you feel passionate and crossing the boundary into bullying or what can be seen as harassment. That's why I think you need to be ultra cautious. It does sound like you have frightened her off. Now if you think she has entirely the wrong idea about you how can you communicate without setting off alarm bells in her head ? Perhaps a sincere letter explaining how she may have misunderstood ?

I agree 100% - i was too strong. Which is the shame because I know she was into me. Ultra cautious like you say, is how I feel hexagram 10. I think my action is in restraint here.

If I hadn't seen the cast I would advise you to leave her alone and to be honest I don't feel too good about suggesting you continue trying to communicate with her, but the 49 does seem to suggest this whole thing can perhaps be remade, redefined, possibly far more on her terms.

Yeah I know where you're coming from. It is a peculiar situation. And even on surface level, if I were an outsider looking at this i'd be saying the same thing. It seems all wonky. But i intuit she does really like me, she'd moved very fast with me in 1 week, just my intensity in the end pushed her away requiring space. And i made a big blunder as she was moving house, sorting our her job contract all at the same time. If I had played it cool, i don't think i'd be in this space. But I have learnt.

I like this judgement I found for hex 49: " Hidden within its cocoon the caterpillar becomes a butterfly -- who would believe it until the Metamorphosis was complete?"

The latter makes perfect sense, no one would seem to trust me on this, when I say we'll be a couple. But given how we related, and what I know about her and even what i intuit etc. I think it will be.
And you right, it'd be more on terms she's comfortable with.

Well at first she did say she wanted a relationship and then something freaked her out, her perception of you suddenly changed.

Yes -- too forward.

I think if I were in your shoes (and if I were male) I wouldn't give up hope, I think there may be a turnaround from her but it is going to take time and much negotiation (49.3) and I also wonder if it isn't just her you have to negotiate with ? What about her background and her family, I wonder if they need to have input into how desirable the connection is.

The weird part is I don't know if i can call this hope. I have a conviction we will couple. And it will take time like you're saying. I think her family (sister) will help my case as her sister lives in my country and is engaged to an asian just like me. I think, in fact, her family could be favourable to me.

I say this because I have always found a lot of patience is needed in line 3. You want people to see something that is obvious to you but your word is not enough, everyone has to agree, there's no fast track here. There might be all sorts of factors to negotiate even in practical terms such as money, where to live and so on.

100% sums up how I feel. And that is how i felt when I was sending those needy/emotional messages to her which led to her cutting off. I was thinking that what I saying was 'obvious' like you say. And that she should just get it. What you've said here really resonates with me.

Line 2 suggests it is the right time to remake the relationship but both line 3 and 6 show you really are going to have to be very circumspect about your pacing and about your aims. So in short it seems a good idea to try and renew this but you will have to be very careful not only for her sake but for your own sake too. The 10 shows you stand to get hurt too if you aren't careful so maybe a letter explaining how you think things went wrong and then leave it up to her to get in touch ? Be very humble explaining you will let her lead you in how fast this moves and how it moves and make sure she knows you regret what happened before.

Sound advice, about the remaking bit. I am wondering if it is still needs more time though?
I don't feel the urgency, and i really want her to have space.. I am back in her country permanently I think in Mid-Late Feb.

You asked if your approach would be successful. Well I hesitate to predict because it's down to her and she isn't showing signs of interest but it is quite a powerful combination of hexagrams so whilst you must be careful it isn't a time to be very timid either. I'd think there was a chance of success - although maybe I ought not to say that given she blocked you.

About the timid bit. It's all to easy for me to start texting, but I am wondering, and I'd love your feedback, you suggest taking action now. But I wonder if more patience is required.

Thank you for your great reply!

heritage

visitor
Reaction score
Heritage,
When I read for others, I first check it on Ewald's eclectic energies site to make sure the hexes and lines posted add up correctly.
Then for lines or unchanging hexes, I have used the memorizing threads or list of unchanging hexes threads sticky posts here at Clarity in the Understanding Divination forum, and use the lines search for what other people's experiences have been with particular combinations of lines. Failing that, the whole site search. This has enlarged my understanding of the Yi a lot. But I personally get many readings no one else has posted about a lot, for some unknown reason.
And I do use Dekorne's site a lot these days, because it shows you many different translations and commentaries side by side. That's called a "Concordance" with the Bible, and it's the only one I have found for the Yi online. Really helpful in understanding the hexes and the lines in context better.

- LL

Hi LL,
Thanks for your advice.
I will incorporate your approach into my own.
And thanks for qualifying Dekorne's site.

It is interesting how well the Iching works when it comes to assessing life. I am preferring this over tarot, but mind you I've never owned a physical tarot deck.

I used this site to cast a hexgram regarding my new job and the analysis resonated really well. I am going to stick with this.

Wondering, because you mentioned you give readings, did you have any insight regarding to the hexagrams mentioned in this thread?

Cheers
H

Lavalamp

visitor
Reaction score
Will my approach regarding pursuing X (girl of interest) be successful - culminate in girlfriend?
49.2.3.6>10 .

10 is about conduct, watching your step, behaving according to the established path and not getting bit by the tiger. This is the context, the aspect of your question the Yi commenting on.

49.2 This line is conditional actually. It says when your time has come, you will be successful. You need to prepare yourself, become excellent. That is a fortunate thing to do.

49.3 This line is about balancing action and inaction. In dating, that is always a tricky thing. I think the line suggests you don't try to get physical with a woman - have your metamorphosis - too soon. Starting something is unfortunate it says, you must let talk go around 3 times first. Sounds kinda like the 3 date rule or something. Take your time.

49.6 This line suggests you change yourself not just externally but internally, really become a great person inside. Be someone you believe in. Not to please someone else, but to fulfill your potential. It says going ahead now would not be good. This could also mean don't try to have a girlfriend just to impress others socially, but look for a really meaningful internal connection.

49 is all about remarkable change - "when the time is right." Most of the lines don't seem to say it's that time yet, however! I think there's a lot of "Be the change you want to see" in 49.

- LL

F

Freedda

Heritage, it seems you've gotten a lot of replies and things to ponder.

I'll reiterate Trojina's recommendation, I think in the future a good place to do a reading is right here on this website. It is accurate (and free) and gives you good, accessible information. I especially like the questions Hilary offers as a way start to delve into the reading.

You can also download a PDF of the reading or copy and paste the text (I do that a lot) so I can spend some time looking at it. It also will save us a sh-t load of time trying to figure out what exactly your reading is! (One suggestion however - don't feel you have to copy and paste the entire reading into a thread, but focus on the parts that have the most meaning (or confusion) for you.)

There are lots of other resourses here too: free and for-fee courses on the I Ching, recommendation on books, etc.

I don't mean to contradict advice given here by others, but I'd caution you about trying to learn or incorporate too many approaches all at once into your readings (and heaven knows there are a lot of them!), at least at first. You will just become lost, and your infinite bounty of advice and approaches will end up seeming more like a swamp!

As to your reading:

Hexagram 49 has a number of different names and titles. Two I like are "Season Change" and "Renewing What is Old." Some images that represent this are a snake shedding it's skin, or an animal changing its coat (to be thicker or thinner) to fit the season. It is natural change, but change that is profound and necessary.

For you, it might suggest a different approach, maybe one that's radical - especially if you've had this type of interaction or reaction more than once.

Or, if this is not a reoccuring relationship theme for you, it might imply that you really desire some type of closure to this relationship, as a way of moving on from it. I'm not sure what that would be, maybe to explain that to this other person (which is a different message than asking if you might be getting back together), or it may be just a commitment to yourself to somehow move on (and ha, easy advice for me to give, right?).

The related hexagram 10, is called "Proper Conduct," or Respectful Conduct." This latter one may seem a bit loaded, as it could imply that you were not respectful in your relationship, but I'm think it doesn't necessarily mean that. Instead, it might mean to become more aware of the depth and implications that a serious relationship can have - beyond our romantic projections of it (which we all have by the way).

Another name for 10 is "Walking on Thin Ice," and it captures I think the sense of urgency, and attention, and wakefulness that we might want (or need) to bring to our lives (or in this case for you, to relationships).

One image I have of 10 is of a lake below a sky full of stars. We see our romantic ideas and ideals of relationships mirrored in the lake as bright, shinny, appealing points of light, but when we try to grasp them, they disappear into a handful of water. It might be a reminder then, to seek out the real sky, or real relationships and not just the sparkly make-believe ones.

Best, David.

heritage

visitor
Reaction score
Hello guys,
I wanted to thank you all for your replies. I am sorry that I couldn't reply earlier I was on a cruise ship with shaky internet access.
I read and re-read all of your valuable insights and am committing it to mind and heart. Will update when I have one!
Thanks all

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).