...life can be translucent

Menu

What will be the subject matter of my next shoot? 63.1 to 39

vanland

visitor
Reaction score
My take on this so far is "don't go this alone. Enlist the help of someone who can help me solve this "problem". And don't be too quick about expecting an answer. Let the answer come in its own time. I have, however received an impression to go with doing a location portrait of a Jamaican lady who used to live in our apt complex, but just recently moved out to a new neighborhood where she wasn't sure of the exact street address. I know the area and what her daughter's car looks like so could probably find her even though she does not have a new phone no yet. Talk about unraveling a mystery! :rolleyes:

kevin

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score

Hi vanland

Simply put Hx.63 'Already Crossing', or ‘Already Across’... You have already crossed the Great Water (there has been a big change), but perhaps you are not fully aware of that yet?

It might be helpful to look at the different types of change in the I Ching.

The principles espoused in Yi / I Ching is that most of the time events and changes grow from the seeds of the time. Maybe actions you or others have already taken, or external events of which you might not be aware. This is often termed 'gradual' or 'progressive' change.

At other times the change in hand might be transformative change. In the times of these changes Hexagram pairs (1:2, 27:28, 29:30 and 61:62.) connote a massive injection of energy the change can be dramatic and quite sudden. One often feels catapulted through these great gates!

Finally there are those which I think Shore and Dunn referred to as 'Water Gates'. They are the pairs 11:12 17:18 53:54 63:64. These have transformative change qualities as well as progressive qualities too. To quote Karcher there is an injection of energy into the situation and though the change is progressive the entropy in the situation is flipped. In a car it's a gear shift and a direction change also. One often feels everything is upturned and somewhat washed along by the time.

Being able to place your hexagram into one of these three groups gives you a head start on the nature of the change you are involved with.

Hexagram 63 is, of course one of these Water Gates. So you might expect a surprising turn in your life. Maybe the subject of your shoot, or maybe more of a surprise.

Line 1: "
The position of line one at the bottom of a hexagram denotes the beginning of the time. The change is only just starting.
Already Crossing.
Braking his wheels. Trailing her cord in the water.
The Small Fox soaks its tail.
This is not a mistake.

It's quite evocative when 63 is seen as a Water Gate.

The tricky little shape shifting fox (for that is what it is in Yi) get's his tail wet crossing the Great Stream (For that is what is being crossed). It hasn't really harmed him, but I expect he is just a little annoyed! Not even s/he has established themselves on the other side yet. Breaking his wheels... You are just across the mud (?) is stopping proper progress up on the other side.

I have seen 'Trailing her cord in the water' translated and interpreted in different ways. But it is likely a wealthy lady and an expensive cord and it trails in the water... Another tail wetted.

The text is a wonderful comic jumble of water, wet tails and cords and the advice. Slow down put your breaks on or worse might happen.

This is not a mistake - Simply means just hang in there. Things will turn out well. Don't doubt.

The nature of the Hexagram and the warning of line one would suggest that you need to stop and possibly keep your eyes and heart open for the means to complete the arrival on the new bank. I say heart, but mean you being sensible to the time and direction of change when it will inevitably change.

Hx.39 Might be the overall situation at present, or the direction of the change. Only you will have a sense of that. It's core theme or energy which drives it is Hx. 63. Simply put it is a time of feeling hampered and struggling a bit. The general advice of Hx.39. Stop. Now is not the time to set forth.
The time will come and the way will open.

I do hope this helps a little. You might want to ask Yi /I Ching a clarifying question.

Best to you.

P.S. Water Gates do not always involve water. It's more of a metaphor.

Last edited:

my_key

visitor
Reaction score
What will be the subject matter of my next shoot? 63.1 to 39

The subject matter of your next shoot will be something related to the struggles coming from being caught in a trap. Finding ways to overcome the distress, understanding the mistakes that caused things to go off half cocked and then bringing things to a safe conclusion.

See it like a movie script rather than a picture shoot might help. Perhaps the setting will be akin to a disaster movie featuring a Bridge that is under construction and starts to fall apart - a sort of 'The Posiden Adventure' meets 'Towering Inferno'. Or perhaps it's nothing like this at all.

Good Luck

vanland

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you for your thoughts and accurate analysis of the subject. I am just reading this now AFTER the ultimate development and answer to this original query from 8 days ago. (Please see the outcome posted today, Jan 17, 2019). You were "spot on". Could we be "friends" perhaps?

vanland

visitor
Reaction score
The new post of mine I'm referring to can be found in CC. And this previous comment was meant for Kevin. Sorry for all the confusion. I'm brand new at all this.☺

vanland

visitor
Reaction score
The new post of mine I'm referring to can be found in CC. And this previous comment was meant for Kevin. Sorry for all the confusion. I'm brand new at all this.☺

vanland

visitor
Reaction score
Please see my comment below for you, Kevin. And Thank You!

susieq777

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks for a Broader Reading for 63.1Than My Own :)

I'm so glad to have come across this post today as I came here for help with my own reading.

Finally there aare those which I think Shore and Dunn referred to as 'Water Gates'. They are the pairs 11:12 17:18 53:54 63:64. These have transformative change qualities as well as progressive qualities too. To quote Karcher there is an injection of energy into the situation and though the change is progressive the entropy in the situation is flipped. In a car it's a gear shift and a direction change also. One often feels everything is upturned and somewhat washed along by the time.

Being able to place your hexagram into one of these three groups gives you a head start on the nature of the change you are involved with.

Hexagram 63 is, of course one of these Water Gates. So you might expect a surprising turn in your life. Maybe the subject of your shoot, or maybe more of a surprise.

Line 1: "
The position of line one at the bottom of a hexagram denotes the beginning of the time. The change is only just starting.
Already Crossing.
Braking his wheels. Trailing her cord in the water.
The Small Fox soaks its tail.
This is not a mistake.

It's quite evocative when 63 is seen as a Water Gate.

The tricky little shape shifting fox (for that is what it is in Yi) get's his tail wet crossing the Great Stream (For that is what is being crossed). It hasn't really harmed him, but I expect he is just a little annoyed! Not even s/he has established themselves on the other side yet. Breaking his wheels... You are just across the mud (?) is stopping proper progress up on the other side.

I have seen 'Trailing her cord in the water' translated and interpreted in different ways. But it is likely a wealthy lady and an expensive cord and it trails in the water... Another tail wetted.

The text is a wonderful comic jumble of water, wet tails and cords and the advice. Slow down put your breaks on or worse might happen.

This is not a mistake - Simply means just hang in there. Things will turn out well. Don't doubt.

The nature of the Hexagram and the warning of line one would suggest that you need to stop and possibly keep your eyes and heart open for the means to complete the arrival on the new bank. I say heart, but mean you being sensible to the time and direction of change when it will inevitably change.

Hx.39 Might be the overall situation at present, or the direction of the change. Only you will have a sense of that. It's core theme or energy which drives it is Hx. 63. Simply put it is a time of feeling hampered and struggling a bit. The general advice of Hx.39. Stop. Now is not the time to set forth.
The time will come and the way will open.

Thanks so much for this, @kevin; ! It really helped clarify the difference between my intuition and then the deflation I felt upon receiving line 1, which I felt was saying something like, "No, stop, this idea is not a good one."

I had been enquiring about a short story collection submission I'm putting together. I have been trying to come up with a theme that would both fit some of the stories I've already written plus be interesting enough to inspire a bunch more without becoming boring.

The initial idea came to me a few days ago. I dismissed it at the time. Then it came back to me again today and this time suddenly I could see it. I even came up with a couple of story ideas to fit around it which will be a good intro to the way I want to explore it.

I got really excited. I also was a bit disappointed with line 1 because I felt like it might be dissing the idea, that it would be an idea that would swamp and sink me.

But then 63 and 39! The latter explains where I've been at with trying to work it all out and 63 describes well how it all onrushed this morning into my mind and I felt it clicking into place, the way I can now recognise a good idea, even though it all feels quite amorphous still.

I like 63's reminder to stay with beginners mind here. Don't let your stories rigidify and become concrete in order to fit into the theme. I need this reminder or else claustrophobia sets in.

And now I have a better idea of how line 1 fits in too. It's not slapping me and saying it's a bad idea and to stop. It's reinforcing the idea that I need to both trust that orgasmic onrush of recognising an idea that fits while at the same time accepting that I will get bogged down and at other times feel rigid but to keep moving forward, even though it will be at the slowed-down pace I so often need to employ as I continue trying to write with ME.

kevin

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi
I'm so glad that was helpful to you.

Hexagrams 63 and 64 can be quite tricky to interpret. There is so much energy flip flopping around.

Your project sounds exciting.

I wish you the best with it.

:)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).