...life can be translucent

Menu

I have discovered a way to use the I Ching's figures arithmetically

Philip_Aladdin

visitor
Reaction score
Hi all,I'm new to this forum and to the I Ching, but I've been lucky enough to find out some new and exciting things about it.The figures can be combined in a way shown in this picture, which includes several examples:https://i.imgur.com/E2dgK30.jpgThis produces a middle figure which perhaps describes the change, or difference, between the two figures on the left and right. Notice what the middle figure is doing to the one on the left in order to produce the one on the right: yin has no effect, whereas yang causes the line position to invert. This is the basic operation, but I've found some more things which I've written about in a reddit post (https://www.reddit.com/r/iching/comments/aecvm9/i_want_to_share_what_ive_done_during_my_depressed/). It's a long post, but hopefully soon I'll be capable of being more succinct. At the moment I'm really lacking the language and terminology to talk about this properly but hopefully people more familiar than me with the I Ching can glean something useful. If you do have any thoughts, I would love to hear them. I sincerely hope this community finds this method helpful and enjoyable. I would recommend playing around with it by testing different combinations, and finding the "medium figures" for your own oracles/divinations. Thanks for readingPhil

L

legume

hi, i'd be actually curious to see what you mean but the image link doesn't work anymore, unfortunately. i also see you removed your reddit post - i imagine how the Internets can be discouraging...

not great with math myself, much better with logics tho and i've been playing around with the hexagrams to create another method of, well, looking at them (more for personal use so far) - hence would be interested in reading more about your findings!

please feel free to contact me via PM and share the picture - it might be worth a thousand words :)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).