...life can be translucent

Menu

Difficult "friendship"

Wisteria Breeze

visitor
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a so-called friend. I fell in love with him about a year ago, and when he ended his difficult relationship, I asked him, whether we could be more than just friends. He said: "No", but he explained it as he was so emotionally frustrated and exhausted that he was not ready to start it all over again. I just hided pain, started to live without senseless hopes and even had a short-term awful romance with one guy, but I don't know, whenever I tried to stop every contact with him, after a short time we started the cycle again. The problem is that I cannot take it anymore. I cannot stop any contacts with him right now and I still cannot recover from this sickness. The problem is that he is sort of flirting with me sometimes, seeking my attention and I don't know, how to interpret it, whether he is just playing with me or he really feels smth, but too afraid to tell me about that. Now I am just acting weirdy cold and neutral, when we communicate, because I am just not prepared to be hurt again. That's why I asked Yi questions:1) What i need to understand about his feelings about me?aaand 30.1.2.3.5 > 6Looks not very optimistic at all. Looks like he is still not quite sure about his feelings as well2) Should I move forward and forget about any possible romantic relationship with him?57.3.4 > 6 (again, lol) I am really puzzled, because I have no idea, how to interpret hex 57 in my situation. "Do it, but you will be unhappy and will have an inner conflict"?I will be really grateful if smb will help me with it and sorry for my bad English.

D

diamanda

What i need to understand about his feelings about me?
30.1.2.3.5 > 6

You say that he already told you he doesn't want a relationship (for whatever reason).
The cast says confusion, departure, ending/misfortune, tears, conflict/stress - sounds bad indeed.
Logic says that a whole year is a good indicator for how things will go between you.

Should I move forward and forget about any possible romantic relationship with him?
57.3.4 > 6

You say that you cannot stop contact with him.
The cast says something like what you said, that no matter what you'll feel conflict/stress.
Logic says that this situation sounds bad for you so it would be good for you to move on.

As a footnote, I'll add that casting about feelings is not the most useful question. It's more useful to ask about the other person's practical intentions towards you. It's even more useful to ask about our own course of action (as you partly have already).

Wisteria Breeze

visitor
Reaction score
Hello, diamanda, thank you for your response.
I took your advice and asked Yi two new questions. Actually it gets more and more confusing.
I asked: "What is his practical intentions towards me?" and got 57.1.3.4 > 10. God, I hate hex 57, because i have no idea what Yi tries to tell me. The line 1 looks like he has a hesitation, if he is in love with me, it will look logical, but there was a half of the year since I told him what I feel aaand nothing... Also, what is hexagram 10?
Hilary wrote:
Hexagram 10 tells you that you are ‘treading the tail of the tiger.’ The first question to ask yourself about it is always – naturally enough – ‘What tiger? Where?’ There is something here that could devour you; you need to know what it is.
Tiger? Maybe that means this is my so-called friend, but I asked about his intentions, so I am more and more puzzled, really
Then I asked: "What should I do in this situation? What strategy will be best for me?"
And got 45.4 > 8. Wow, looks surprisingly good
According to Hilary's interpretation again:Hexagram 8 is called Bi – 比 – a very ancient, simple character that originally depicts two people side by side. It implies both that they’re together, and that they can be compared to one another, and so the word means belonging, seeking union, holding together, comparing, neighbouring, side-by-side… really, to translate the name of the hexagram we need a single English word for ‘the-desire-for-union-that-inspires-comparing-and-hence-sensing-affinity-and-hence-being-drawn-to-belong-and-stand-together’
What looks so strange to me. The first cast of hexagrams compared to the second one. What is my thoughts about it. During over a 1,5 year of communication and spending time togther we have conficts quite a lot, but after all of this quarrels everything goes as always

Wisteria Breeze

visitor
Reaction score
Actually the question is whether I got friendzoned forever without any hope and should move forward or not? He is not a very brave guy in relationship, and I am confused, because sometimes it looks like he is flirting and playing with me, but I am tired of these games and this feeling of uncertainty. I really tried "to shut the doors", to break all of the contacts, it is just doesn't work. If there is no hope, ok, I will bury my feelings, but I am too afraid to ask him again, to feel underwhealming again

D

diamanda

Sadly he's not in love with you... people who are in love do not behave in that manner. As about if you're frienzoned, I'm afraid it looks that way. Also, he sounds brave enough to me, since he's flirting with you (and did he cheat on his girlfriend with you?). I'm sorry to hear you're stuck in such a situation.

As about your further questions, I don't find them silly or unimportant. Because your heart is invested in this frustrating story, and our heart is a serious matter. However I'll say this - there's one thing more serious than our heart, and that's time. As you say, things have remained the same for well over a year. How much more time would you like to waste on this?

What is his practical intentions towards me? 57.1.3.4 > 10
He's playing tactical games (57.1), so that he can continue to be intimate with you (57.3), but still free to hunt around for others (57.4). 10 shows that he knows that this will anger you greatly at some point so he's careful that you don't find out.

What should I do in this situation? What strategy will be best for me? 45.4 > 8
Go out with friends and find a proper boyfriend.

Wisteria Breeze

visitor
Reaction score
Hello, diamanda, thanks a lot for your help. Now with your interpretation it makes such a perfect sense. Especially this one:
He's playing tactical games (57.1), so that he can continue to be intimate with you (57.3), but still free to hunt around for others (57.4). 10 shows that he knows that this will anger you greatly at some point so he's careful that you don't find out.
Well, this situation is quite sad, but as you mentioned time is quite important, so thanks again for your help

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).