...life can be translucent

Menu

Will My Book Be Published Up to the End of Winter? 52 uc

marybluesky

visitor
Reaction score
The publisher told me all the revisions to my book have been done, asking me to reread it & make minor changes if necessary, which I did. They said there was no problem and the book would be published up the the end of winter. I was pretty sure it would. Anyway I asked the I Ching "Will My Book Be Published Up to the End of Winter? And got 52 uc.

"Keeping Still" talks about things remaining where they are now; so the book remains unpublished. I hope that the reading turns out to be false, as I count on some works in my life- the book project included- to reach the desired result this winter.

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
Have you read the unchanging hexagrams post?

I'm just going to quote trojina from it, because she says it clearly and I'd have nothing different to say really:

I don't think I have ever been left confused on receiving 52uc. Generally it is a welcome relief of an answer. To me it seems especially emphatic and clear in it's unchanging form. You go on as if nothing affected you. There is no need to try to make an impact on anything at this time or even engage with or react to anything outside of yourself. You can stop.

actually I will add something, from what you told us it feels like its more about you stilling yourself, you don't need to poke the bear on this one. Or anyway, you'd have no effect if you do.

the uc thread 52 post

B

becalm

This Hexagram speaks of this being a Stable situation I think. So it sounds like the book will be 'Bound' together which is really the beginning of it finally being published.

D

diamanda

52 is unchanging here, so no. However, 52 symbolises (among a lot of other things) the beginning of spring. I'd read it as "no, not till the end of winter, it will be published some time at the beginning of spring". So perhaps it will be just a short delay.

B

becalm

Also agree with diamanda here - it will stay unpublished until Spring comes.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
The publisher told me all the revisions to my book have been done, asking me to reread it & make minor changes if necessary, which I did. They said there was no problem and the book would be published up the the end of winter. I was pretty sure it would. Anyway I asked the I Ching "Will My Book Be Published Up to the End of Winter? And got 52 uc.

"Keeping Still" talks about things remaining where they are now; so the book remains unpublished. I hope that the reading turns out to be false, as I count on some works in my life- the book project included- to reach the desired result this winter.

Oh look Hilary wrote a blog post just for you

In this case I think it could be saying not to think or fret about it, I like Wilhelm on the Image ' thus the superior man does not allow his thoughts to go beyond his situation' which includes not projecting into the future.

It could also be saying the process is still hence no action and so it won't be ready by end of winter.

Either way there is nothing for you to do and there is no profit in trying to change or hasten anything so leave it be and still any anxiety about it.

What is the book about ?

marybluesky

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks friends :)
I know 52 uc is a pretty assuring result that says let things be.

becalm, your point is interesting. I hadn't see it that way: doing something that puts the book together, like in bookbinding. In that light, it may say the book will be "kept still" before the winter ends.

diamanda, I didn't know about the spring reference of hexagram 52- it's beautiful, especially that today is a rainy day here that smells like spring in the heart of winter. I would be also glad if the book is published in early spring. Not much different, indeed.

Trojina, the book is about general psychology. It's a translation.
I also looked at Hilary's new post.

steve

visitor
Reaction score
Hey

I think Trogina's take on the 52 on the unchanging threads has resonated with me and been a hopeful, the problem is you always seem to receive the reading when you want things to happen yesterday. These days I get an almost 24 type feeling where its time to pace yourself and enjoy that time.

I have had the line in my business where i have worked hard and I can sit back and wait for the work to take action if you know what I mean. My thoughts are you own the mountain so enjoy it before 49 comes along and sends you on a roller coaster.

Steve

marybluesky

visitor
Reaction score
the problem is you always seem to receive the reading when you want things to happen yesterday.
I see what you say, however I haven't been in any hurry to prepare the book. In fact I translated it at a leisurely pace & didn't push for edition and other processes. Then I received a call about the final revision. I asked the question because they told me the book will be published in the mean time.

steve

visitor
Reaction score
Thats great I suppose i was speaking from personal experience, then once I receive the reading (52 Unchanging) I tend tell myself to chill out

Your experience almost sounds like a 52 unchanging experience, the way you say you paced yourself then they published (nice)

Steve

radiofreewill

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi marybluesky,

About 5 years ago, I tossed on the question, "How will my collaboration with X go?" and I got 52uc.

I just assumed the read was, "It'll go nowhere," but then the project turned out well?

So, I asked a friend about it, and she said that she reads 52uc as "back to back" Mountains giving mutual support ~ meaning X wasn't going to let me down?

Your situation has the same feel to it, too ~ your guy will come through with the book by the end of Winter ~ because he doesn't want to let you down!

Good Luck!

marybluesky

visitor
Reaction score
Hi marybluesky,

About 5 years ago, I tossed on the question, "How will my collaboration with X go?" and I got 52uc.

I just assumed the read was, "It'll go nowhere," but then the project turned out well?

So, I asked a friend about it, and she said that she reads 52uc as "back to back" Mountains giving mutual support ~ meaning X wasn't going to let me down?

Your situation has the same feel to it, too ~ your guy will come through with the book by the end of Winter ~ because he doesn't want to let you down!

Good Luck!
Who the guy is?:eek::D

GeraldC

visitor
Reaction score
Just one thought to (maybe) consider from a total noob: Most inquiries and readings are about motion. I.E., a new author without an agent asking: "Is my book getting published by the end of the year?" In order to get a publisher, there has to be some kind of movement - most of the time, he will need an agent who is capable of selling his material to the publishers. In those cases, Hexagram 52 unchanging as a divination might be telling him, that he won't go anyway.
Your case is vastly different. 1.) You got a publisher (and probably at least an ok advance), your position is relatively safe, 2.) there is a plan layed out to you by your publishing house. So Hexagram 52 unchanging basically saying, that there is no motion - no change of plans, no moving back from the agreement you're in now. Your situation, which is absolutely stable,doesn't need any type of movement, so your book should be published according to your agreements. Furthermore, your publisher already made an investment, so it would be very unlikely for them to drop it entirely.
Best of luck to your book project:).

radiofreewill

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, mbs, I'm saying that your publisher ~ the one who told you the book would be done by the end of Winter ~ is the one who won't let you down. :)

marybluesky

visitor
Reaction score
Update:
I learned that my book is printed, but in a limited number, and the publisher has started to introduce & advertise it. The news exhilarated me as I loved translation since an early age; I always wanted to publish the books I translate & be well-known for them; so it was a dream coming true :)
Therefore becalm, radiofreewill and Gerald C were right in a way: the book is technically "kept still" and I didn't need to do anything about it.

Only, by the question I meant my book being published in a reasonable number of copies & entering the marketplace. I have still one-third of winter to see what happens.

marybluesky

visitor
Reaction score
Hello friends!
My book is published and ready to be sold just two days before the end of winter;)!
So the answer was yes: the publication was in process. It just needed to be "kept up".
Thanks everybody!

D

diamanda

Congratulations, may it be successful!! Though it's spring now ;)

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Congratulations! I will revise my thinking of 52 as meaning “no movement” to meaning “completion.” Big difference! That would explain how 52. Keeping Still can lead to 53. Progress - one phase is completed, the publishing, and now progressing to the next stage, marketing the book. Sort of similar to 63. After Completion leading to 64. Before Competition, once again the pattern of one thing being done leading to more things to be done. It never ends...

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).