...life can be translucent

Menu

Hexagram 21.2.3 > 14

Dimitri

visitor
Reaction score
Hi, I asked the I Ching about my relationship which has been difficult lately I got hexagram 21.2.3 > 14 Any thoughts?

radiofreewill

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Dimitri,

Welcome to Clarity!

"What can you tell me about my relationship?"
21.2.3 to 14 ~ Addressing a core issue that has been festering brings great reward.

I read this as an addressable situation? The Yi says that you can power through this one with minor distress, but no problem? How does it feel to you?

All Best!

Dimitri

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply ... I don’t want to bother anyone with my troubles but this is maybe the bleakest period of my life ... a recent death in the family and a betrayal in my relationship ... everything looks dark ... I Ching is probably the only thing keeping me relatively sane ... but anyway ... thanks again

Dimitri

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you 🙏

Thank you for your reply ... I don’t want to bother anyone with my troubles but this is maybe the bleakest period of my life ... a recent death in the family and a betrayal in my relationship ... everything looks dark ... I Ching is probably the only thing keeping me relatively sane ... but anyway ... thanks again

steve

visitor
Reaction score
Hey Dimitri

Sorry to hear your issues line two can be hard to read apparently however it can relate to something hidden,
http://www.jamesdekorne.com/GBCh/hex21.htm It can be about getting your teeth into something, confirming a suspicion, maybe you have already done that.

Line 3 for me is usually about something that can be hard to swallow. It can also about dealing with an old issue. I think of it as a tough piece of steak that wont break down.

Both lines indicate that these issues are of no error from yourself.

Hexagram 14 I think is the reward, the realisation or the new found knowledge is the reward. Now you know where you are at, so what will you do with the information?

I remember when I was in my early 30's I lost my mother and a girl I really liked, I ended up moving to another state and starting fresh.

The reading says nothing about that, but maybe a change of scenery is in order, imagine being in a bustling market in a foreign country, would you have time to worry about your current issues?
You need to remember life is short.

Steve

radiofreewill

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
My heart goes out to you, Dimitri ~ a death in the family combined with a betrayal by a partner is a powerful 1-2 punch to have to take?

In my experience, either one of those two events can trigger your shadow side and make it seem like the whole world is piling-on to your troubles?

And, that can get incredibly overwhelming? So much so, that just getting yourself moving to take care of the basics can seem like a huge undertaking?

If you're getting rocked like that, then I highly recommend seeing a therapist? There's no need to get through this alone when there are trained experts in the field available, and, on the upside, you stand a good chance of getting to the core issue that is causing your depleted condition?

In any case, imho, here is some simple advice ~ just my opinion ~ that I hope will help provide you some immediate relief:

Practice good self-care: Keep-up all of your low-end Maslow's ~ rest, nutrition, and exercise ~ inactivity can become a confining cocoon that enfeebles you? So, even if you have to make a schedule and drive yourself to stick to it ~ just do it?

Be the Witness to your Body/Mind: Don't fall into emotional entanglement with your experience? Instead, as hard as it may be, just watch those thoughts and feelings of betrayal and loss roll through like breakers with the tides of life? If you can process it from the Witness Position, then you can transform it into compassion and insight, and you'll get better? As bad as it may seem at times...the sun is going to rise tomorrow?

Put all mental story-telling on pause ~ in favor of consciously choosing quietude, instead. This is a subtle skill? It doesn't mean to try and forcibly stop all thoughts ~ you can't do that, the very act of forcing thoughts to do anything stirs them? It means, rather, to honor the thoughts you have without indulging them in repetitious considerations of "What about me?" If you feel loss, it's because you feel loss ~ that's part of us being fully human beings, imho? However, when you indulge loss and hug-up on it, then you make it your identity? That's going too far, imho ~ you just have to say 'No' to over-playing the woe-is-me fiddle, and consciously choose quietude, instead?

Lastly, it's a marathon, not a sprint...

All Best!

D

diamanda

21.2 speaks about forcefully setting boundaries. I've also seen it play out as "kissing". The actual words in the line describe biting soft flesh.

21.3 is a horrible line. I've never seen it mean anything good. It speaks about biting poisoned meat. When this line appears, there is no cure, the situation is beyond repair. Rotten meat will never get any better, that's not possible.

The hidden line 38.3 speaks of one person greatly humiliating another.

One of you is abusing the other. It's a kiss one moment (or trying to set boundaries), but then it's obvious that one of the two is a poisoned corpse.

My advice to you about your relationship, is get out asap. She's treating you badly so that she can have the upper hand (14). Sadly there's no solution.

Dimitri

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you �� so much for your reply Steve Yes you are right. My suspicion is (almost) confirmed and it’s so hard to swallow ... I’m trying to accept the fact, bite the bullet and get on with my life ... It just feels so hard at the moment ... but thank you anyway

Dimitri

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you Steve

Thank you 🙏 so much for your reply Steve Yes you are right. My suspicion is (almost) confirmed and it’s so hard to swallow ... I’m trying to accept the fact, bite the bullet and get on with my life ... It just feels so hard at the moment ... but thank you anyway

Dimitri

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you �� very much for your reply radiofreewill ... you are describing my situation so accurately ... I’m trying to stick to my daily routine, to take care of myself ... I thought about seeing a therapist but for reasons I’m ashamed to talk about, this option is not feasible ... but thank again

Dimitri

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you Diamanda for your reply ... sadly, you are right ... there is no solution

Dimitri

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your reply Diamanda... sadly you are right ... there is no solution ....

D

diamanda

Btw Diamanda what “hidden line” means?

I use it as a bit of extra information. I use it only when there are two or three changes. It goes like this:

21.2.3 > 14
Line 2 and line 3 are changing.
If we only had line 21.2, the result would be 38.
So I go to 38 and read the next line I got (here, 38.3).
The result of 38.3 would still be 14.

If, for example you had got 21.2.3.5 > 1, the hidden lines would be:
38.3 and 14.5

steve

visitor
Reaction score
As Radio said, I would at least get exercise this will trigger endorphins, sitting around dwelling will totally make it worse. You need to force yourself.

Steve

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).