...life can be translucent

Menu

Do I have cancer? HEX 25.1.5>35

AnnaP1

visitor
Reaction score
2-3 months ago I noticed a swollen lymph node appeared under my left cheek. I had a swollen one under my right one, but two GP doctors said on tho occasions that there's nothing to worry about. Then a month ago I noticed a lump on my thyroid. My GP ordered blood tests. I am furious because she was the one who ignored the swollen node 2 years ago and not ordered full blood tests by then. I am very afraid now. My mother had 2 cancers and Hashimoto's.I asked do I have cancer?
Got HEX 25.1.5>35
At first I thought
Your honesty and sincerity are acknowledged. When meeting with others, pay them the respect they are due
I will say goodbye to friends? :(
Whether this ill is to the body or in ones endeavours, avoid using untried remedies to cure it. If it arises through no personal fault the healing will be from within.
Wow!
Blofeld: What is willed comes to pass. Wu: He will have his aspirations fulfilled.
My fear of having cancer has manifested one???
Blofeld: Unexpected illness, but it will be best not to treat it.Legge: The fifth line, dynamic, shows one who is free from insincerity, and yet has fallen ill. Let him not use medicine, and he will have occasion for joy in his recovery.Wilhelm/Baynes: Use no medicine in an illness incurred through no fault of your own. It will pass of itself.Blofeld: Unexpected illness, but it will be best not to treat it.Liu: For an unexpected illness, use no medicine. Good fortune will follow.Ritsema/Karcher: Without Embroiling's affliction. No medicinal herbs, possessing rejoicing.Shaughnessy: The pestilence's illness: there is no medicine but there is happiness.Cleary (1): For sickness without error don’t use medicine; there will be joy.Wu: He feels sick being free from vainness. He will be happy for having taken no medicine.
Yes, I AM INNOCENT! But why I should take no medicine???
Legge: Line five is dynamic in the central place of honor, and has a proper correlate in line two. Hence he must possess the qualities of the hexagram in perfection. Nevertheless, he is sick or in distress. He need not be anxious -- without his efforts a way of escape will be opened for him. The idea is that sickness shouldn't happen to one who is perfectly sincere, and if it does happen it must refer to some inexplicable will of Heaven. If such is the cause, then so shall it cure.
I am shocked how precise I Ching is.
Siu: Unexpected evil comes to the man through no fault of his own. He should not anxiously resort to hasty remedies. Nature will overcome the evil in her own way and at her own pace.Wing: What may appear as an unfortunate turn of events has internal causes. External remedies will not solve the problem. What is occurring is an inner process. Let nature take its course. The solution will come of itself.
Unbelievable
Editor: Wilhelm observes: "That he appears ill comes from his way of taking the illnesses of others upon himself.” This can refer to both other people in the outer world, or to "others" in the inner world of the psyche -- our autonomous drives, appetites, emotions, etc. The psychological concept of "co- dependence” often applies to this line.
I am a sensitive person and I always take onto myself emotions and feelings of others. This is interesting. How do you interpret this? I see a light at the end of the tunnel. I might survive this.

F

Freedda

AnnaP1,

Sorry to hear you are going through this. I'd imagine it must be very scary and frustrating.

I would suggest not relying too much on the Yi's response for a medical prognosis, and to instead wait until you hear back on the tests. Other's may be more expert at medical diagnonsis for the Yi, but in general, I find we often read too much or too little into the answers, - often colored by what we want to hear or are afraid to hear; but others might disagree.

As to your reading, I think it suggest approaching this situation with as much integrity as you can. And it seems that line 25.5 is saying that even with your integrity and lack of pretense, you might still be afflicted with dis-ease, such as being fearful, or angry, or guilty or shamed. And all of these - which you might call afflictions of the spirit or soul - though you can deal with them - they are probably best dealt with without drugs. It's not a time for medication or self-medication of one's feelings and emotions.

The related hexagram 35 I think suggests an expansive, open, and compassionate attitude or approach, but one that is tempered by clarity and some discernment. I don't say this lightly or too smuggly, since I know it is very difficult or even impossible to keep a 'positive' attitude when facing such uncertainty. But even a few moments of being aware like this will be of benefit.

Best, David.

Last edited:
U

usilser

Anna, from my experience with hex 25 appears when there is 'no entanglement' and about health has always played out for me that everything is ok inside me. So please do not worry, be sure that you do not need any medicine, it will pass of itself. But anyway ask a doctor' advice.

AnnaP1

visitor
Reaction score
I won't rely on the Yi only for diagnosis of course but it never let me down yet and I won't run towards escaping the emotions, actually quite opposite as I'm crying a lot. Thank you. How others interpret the result?

AnnaP1

visitor
Reaction score
I also asked whether I should apply for private health insurance now (because medical services are very very expensive here) and I got Hex 12 UC so it means a solid ''no'' for me. Maybe it's too late. Or maybe I will heal. Idk.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I won't rely on the Yi only for diagnosis of course but it never let me down yet and I won't run towards escaping the emotions, actually quite opposite as I'm crying a lot. Thank you. How others interpret the result?

What's happened is you have read commentaries not the actual words of the I Ching in your interpretation and so come away with totally the wrong impression of the answer, and I mean totally. It is one of the biggest frustrations of participating here to see people do this all the time.

The words of the I Ching, what it says, is a translation. There are numerous different translations but what ever you do first listen to what that says. The translation is generally the poetic bit above the waffle of the commentator who cannot do otherwise but see the line in a limited way. Many commentaries are good, helpful, but you have to bear in mind they are always only ideas of the interpreter and they are most definitely not to be considered as 'the I Ching'.

So you haven't understood the I Ching's answer at all IMO. Let's see

2-3 months ago I noticed a swollen lymph node appeared under my left cheek. I had a swollen one under my right one, but two GP doctors said on tho occasions that there's nothing to worry about. Then a month ago I noticed a lump on my thyroid. My GP ordered blood tests. I am furious because she was the one who ignored the swollen node 2 years ago and not ordered full blood tests by then. I am very afraid now. My mother had 2 cancers and Hashimoto's.I asked do I have cancer?
Got HEX 25.1.5>35

You 100%cannot diagnose yourself via the I Ching as you know. That said really you couldn't have had a better answer surely ?

25, unentangled. There's always parts of life that 'happens' to us and actually really have nothing to do with us or that are not our problem to do deal with. So whatever this is it kind of isn't especially anything to do with you, you aren't caught up in this. Then you get 2 lines that tell you quite clearly how beautifully uncaught up you are.

Using Hilary's translation (get her book please at least her commentaries are sane, grounded and not full of moralistic horse manure)

'Without entanglement,
Going on, good fortune.'

Well that's a line I'd sure be happy to get if I had asked your question. Simple, so simple no complicated interpretation is warranted. You aren't snagged up on anything, you are free.

'The affliction of disentangling.
No medicinal herbs, there is rejoicing.'

Good Grief not only are you disentangled but you will be rejoicing even though it seems to you that you are entangled. So the line plainly says 'no medicine'. So there is an affliction and yet you are being advised not to use remedies.

Then there's 35 as the relating hexagram. the opportunity of progress in some sense ? How can progress be linked to the situation ? Not sure, perhaps this time you find some good medical advice from a decent dr.

So all in all in my opinion you could not have asked for a better reading, it's saying you are not entangled or caught up in cancer it seems though I of course would not dare to say that as if I knew because I don't know but heck whatever this is, however worrying it is Yi says there will be relief and rejoicing.

I want to address the tragedy of the wrong ideas coming from other people's commentary

Blofeld
Your honesty and sincerity are acknowledged. When meeting with others, pay them the respect they are due
I will say goodbye to friends?

What ? Nothing to do with the line in any way.

Blofeld: What is willed comes to pass. Wu: He will have his aspirations fulfilled.
My fear of having cancer has manifested one???

No, if you read what the I Ching says that has absolutely no connection with the above :confused: I am actually distressed that anyone could still be so badly led astray by commentary.

Blofeld: Unexpected illness, but it will be best not to treat it.Legge: The fifth line, dynamic, shows one who is free from insincerity, and yet has fallen ill. Let him not use medicine, and he will have occasion for joy in his recovery.Wilhelm/Baynes: Use no medicine in an illness incurred through no fault of your own. It will pass of itself.Blofeld: Unexpected illness, but it will be best not to treat it.Liu: For an unexpected illness, use no medicine. Good fortune will follow.Ritsema/Karcher: Without Embroiling's affliction. No medicinal herbs, possessing rejoicing.Shaughnessy: The pestilence's illness: there is no medicine but there is happiness.Cleary (1): For sickness without error don’t use medicine; there will be joy.Wu: He feels sick being free from vainness. He will be happy for having taken no medicine.

Yes, I AM INNOCENT! But why I should take no medicine???

Well obviously because none is needed. You do have a bunch of translations, not commentaries, there but they didn't help you ?

Editor: Wilhelm observes: "That he appears ill comes from his way of taking the illnesses of others upon himself.” This can refer to both other people in the outer world, or to "others" in the inner world of the psyche -- our autonomous drives, appetites, emotions, etc. The psychological concept of "co- dependence” often applies to this line.

I am a sensitive person and I always take onto myself emotions and feelings of others. This is interesting. How do you interpret this? I see a light at the end of the tunnel. I might survive this.

Wilhelm makes an observation and then you quote someone else, we don't know who ? This other person leaps into stuff about co-dependence of all things - I mean what ? :confused: Who wrote that about the co dependence ? I mean in some situations perhaps this person made that connection, fine but you can't then take it as the meaning of line 5 and head off into ideas that have nothing to do with the line.

You had the blood tests done now please don't wait in fear. I cannot promise whether you do or don't have cancer since I do not know. But if it were my reading I think I'd be more inclined to look on the brighter side at least. Hope I'm right -

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hang on, it says 'editor'

So the 'editor' is James de Korne I presume, bane of our lives here at Clarity :rolleyes:. Yes you get a load of translations there not including some of the best, mixed up with a ton of commentary from the editor ?
I say 'bane of our lives' because when people have gotten hold of the wrong end of the stick there they come over here for help. He should provide his own forum to give first aid IMO.

Here he has taken Wilhelm's commentary, not even his translation, and then written a commentary on a commentary to the point where the actual line is unrecognizable.

AnnaP1

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you. I understand. I might have acted emotionally on this but that is understandable. I try to wait for the results of the blood test and also will go for a ultrasound hopefully this week.

AnnaP1

visitor
Reaction score
I went to a second doctor today same clinic but different person and he told me that the lump is not on my thyroid but its on my throat cartilage (previous doctor told me that it was) thats the quality of medical service in here. I got a referral for the ultrasound and they did a blood test. I will post here with any updates.

AnnaP1

visitor
Reaction score
I have ultrasound coming on Monday 4th and waiting for the blood tests results. In the meantime I asked Yi ''What is the lesson for me in regards to this situation with my throat?'' and got ''HEX 7 UC''. I will dig into the meaning now.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I have ultrasound coming on Monday 4th and waiting for the blood tests results. In the meantime I asked Yi ''What is the lesson for me in regards to this situation with my throat?'' and got ''HEX 7 UC''. I will dig into the meaning now.

Personally I don't think there is a 'lesson' in everything and certainly not if it leads to beating yourself up about illness. We can all get ill and no one is immune no matter how pure and righteous they believe themselves to be.

Indeed your 25 answer is saying this isn't even something you are involved in and that your own position is one of virtue. Sometimes bad things happen to good people as line 3 shows but it didn't say that in your reading.

So your first reading really is not advising you to 'dig', you really don't have to and I certainly see no need to. I can't see the point of digging into 'lessons' when you had the first reading which showed that is clearly not what you need to do at all.

I wonder if it is a coincidence that yesterday someone described to me how fearful of cancer they were due to a lump on their thyroid and it turned out to be a harmless kind of growth they didn't need to do anything about. Oh and you said the lump is not on your thyroid now but on the cartilage anyway.

AnnaP1

visitor
Reaction score
Yes but thyroid cancers have far better survival and recovery outcomes than larynx ones. Yes I do realise sometimes bad things happen to everyone but it feels like I'm on a constant struggle since last 6 months. That's why I asked for this "lesson" thingy

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I see. But do bear in mind whilst you wait for results that your first answer was very reassuring and says none of this is really connected to any behaviours of yours. running the two lines together as a sequence

'Without entanglement ,
Going on, good fortune.
The affliction of disentangling.
No medicinal herbs, there is rejoicing.'

You feel entangled, caught up in anxiety, caught up in the idea remedial action will need to be taken but it can all turn out to be a lot simpler than that.

I can't help but connect the 7uc with what you said here

I am very afraid now. My mother had 2 cancers and Hashimoto's

It may be this past grief for her and identification with her that you are in the process of disentangling from. 7, Army as an objective to put something right when actually you yourself don't need to do anything to put anything right according to your 25 answer. Perhaps you felt you had to put things right for her that you actually couldn't. This experience might help you disentangle from that ? It's only an idea, I can't really know. I get the sense while you feel caught up in what happened to her, you think it will happen to you but actually there isn't that causal link there is what the 25>35 shows to me.

In any case the worse time can be the waiting for results. Maybe someone has some tips for getting through that time ? All I can say is I think the I Ching has given you reassurance. I wish I could give certainty but of course that would be irresponsible of me.

But regarding the 7 is it worth spending some time thinking about how entangled or how much you have identified with your mother's illness and how that has affected you ? In some ways going through this awful period of waiting brings you closer to her because she must have gone through this waiting time too. Again it doesn't follow though, thinking of the 25, that what she had you also have since Yi shows you free of entanglement - that could even be genetic disentanglement, you aren't caught up in your mother's situation.

Hope you find a way to make these days of waiting bearable, it must be hard.

D

diamanda

The character for 7 means, among other things, an expert. Leave it to the experts.

The waiting is hard indeed - but, please reassure yourself that you're already doing everything you possibly can to find out what it is. Don't worry too much about worrying about it (!). In my experience, worrying or not worrying about medical results have absolutely no effect on the actual medical results.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
I find the image often tells what the lesson or key advice is.
The image for hexagram 7 mentions accepting everyone so if there is a lesson in this perhaps it is that it is good you are getting various opinions.
The fact that the hexagram is unchanging makes me think you won't need this army after all. Hope so!

AnnaP1

visitor
Reaction score
Been to the GP today. They still had no results from the private scan I had, the guy was telling me its nothing. They called me just now and said that they got the results and yes, there is a lump on my hyoid bone(like I didnt knew that) and that a CT scan is needed. He asked if I had health insurance (I dont, only public one no private one) as he will send a referral. I asked why not to a public service and he said that they arent accepting his referrals ... sounds comedic and tragic to me at the same time. I told him I will go privately again. So yeah. I suspect neck chrondoma, a rare but non aggressive cancer. So I suspect after CT I will need a biopsy and then God knows.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Ah Anna, I am so sorry you are having to go through all this. Please continue to keep us updated.
Holding you in the light,
Rosada

D

diamanda

I'll echo Rosada - so sorry to hear you're going through so much Anna! At least you're on the case, and the doctors are on the case. You're doing everything you can. Keep on keeping on, we're here if you need us :hug:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Any Updates ?

reason I ask is the post in the 40uc thread here post 34, it sounded good ?

If you don't answer I guess it isn't good.

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).