...life can be translucent

Menu

Readings after attempted break in

MeltingPot247

visitor
Reaction score
Someone tried to break in Sunday night by breaking back door, one more kick and they would have got in. I'm a solo mom, with 2 young kids. I yelled, and they ran off.

What if I stay in this house?

23.4 Stripping the bed by way of the flesh.

Sounds like next time, they might get in and we might get attacked. I certainly hope not.

What if I move to another house in this city?

55.1.3.4 to 2 Abundance to Receptive

Line 1
'Meeting your partner and lord,
Though for ten days, no mistake.
Going on brings honour.'

Line 3
'Feng is flooded with darkness,
At midday, seeing a froth of light.
Your right arm broken – not a mistake.'

Line 4
'Feng is screened off
At midday, seeing the Dipper.
Meeting your hidden lord – good fortune.

Sounds like it would be okay, but the 3rd line about broken arm reflects that I don't really want to be here. Work and school is what has kept me here.

What if I move to another city where my close friends live?

Hexagram 31 unchanging

Influence - I'm not sure how to fully interpret this one to fit my situation, but I guess it reflects why I want to be there, as that's where I'm happiest...but maybe there is more to it that I'm not seeing?

Influence, creating success.
Constancy bears fruit.
Taking a woman, good fortune.'

Influence is what moves people, and how people are open and available to be moved – by emotion or inspiration, physical responses or visiting spirits. All these things touch, stir and attract us, drawing us into relationship. The Chinese character for 'influence' shows a mouth and a weapon: the influence goes deep, and makes us vulnerable.

It is good to respond to the power of influence with constancy, steadying the motion it inspires and creating a place in your life to contain it. The man who 'takes a woman' in marriage brings her into his home and makes room for her there. Good fortune comes from this more feminine way of relating: being open and allowing space for new influences.

All above are Hilary Barrett translations.

Please provide other insights if you can.

Thank you

marybluesky

visitor
Reaction score
Sorry for what you've gone through.

What if I stay in this house? 23.4 .
I agree- they may Strip away (23) the door or something and make Advance (35).
23.4: "The bed is split up to the skin . Misfortune." I'm afraid it's a warning. Ensure your safety as soon as possible.

What if I move to another house in this city? 55.1.3.4 to 2
There are Many (55) other houses in the city to "Receive" (2) you.
55.1: I wonder if the "lord" refers to a cooperative, friendly landlord. You'll stay in the house for a limited amount of time, but in good conditions. Another take: moving in with a partner/friend; or being offered a place to live by them.
55.3: You are in a difficult situation. The things aren't the way you wish- but no great problem.
55.4: The [hidden]"lord" again- maybe someone you don't expect will help you in finding residence.

What if I move to another city where my close friends live? 31 unchanging
The idea obviously attracts you- the city is a center of influence. This mutual influence can provide protection. Or... you'll find a partner there: "The man who 'takes a woman' in marriage brings her into his home and makes room for her there. Good fortune comes from this more feminine way of relating: being open and allowing space for new influences."

Staying in current house sounds like the worse choice. There are lords and friends out there to help you out there.
Good Luck

MeltingPot247

visitor
Reaction score
A friend of mine that lives local told me about a house across the road from her coming up for rent soon (a few seconds ago). It has not been made public yet, and a private landlord not an agency. This friend has helped me a lot in the recent past.

As for the other city, loverboy and other dear friends live there ��

Thanks for your insight Mary x

mulberry

visitor
Reaction score
The two readings about moving are quite positive and hopeful. Either direction seems to be a good move.

23.4 is a strong and chilling warning in context of what happened. I think you should move as soon as possible.

In the meantime, can you get one of those door barricades? I grew up with them around in NYC in the 80s/90s. Like this. Or borrow/petsit a friend's dog with a loud bark?

I would also ask the oracle a follow up question: do you have advice on us staying safe in this house while we remain here?

mulberry

visitor
Reaction score
Also, just to add, another interpretation of 23.4 could be that staying in this house will be psychologically untenable for you. You will not feel safe and that anxiety will leave you with sleepless nights (the bed reference) and many other negative effects. So you may need to move regardless of whether anyone tries to break in again.

MeltingPot247

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Mulberry,

Thank you for your interpretations/insight.

At the time of casting I was really anxious about staying in property as I had not heard back from letting agent or landlord. Interestingly, I was staying at a friend's apartment the other week (town I want to move to) and the building alarms went off, then a few days later there was the break in attempt, next day I went to pick some people up and there was a fire next door, and I got home to find police arresting my neighbor for an unrelated incident.

So I asked again "What is the best solution for my housing issue"

The judgement:

Hexagram 30: Clarity

Blofeld:Flaming beauty. Righteous persistence brings reward. Success! Rearing cows -- good fortune! [Cows are gentle creatures which require looking after; hence this sentence means that good fortune can be gained by looking after those in need of help.]

Blofeld: Approaching with reverent steps, he pays them his respects -- no error! [This suggests a rather delicate situation in which we should avoid any appearance of lacking respect for others.]

Blofeld: How sudden its coming! Then with flamelike swiftness it is dead and cast away. [Apparently we may expect some unlooked for good fortune, but of a kind that will have passed away before we have had time to enjoy it.]

And from Taoscopy

30 > 52 - Paving the way to be able to continue

One believes that one's chances are high to achieve the goal that one has set for oneself.

30 - Lucidity

Patience leads to success.

30.1 - Scrubbing the ground - When the preparation is long one must be patient.

30.4 - Storming out - One rushes, but does not have the strength to last.

In the making

52 - Stop

One recognizes that it is time to stop because they need to be fed.

I eventually heard back from landlord/agent who were thinking about getting a glass door installed. I emailed back advising I would be giving three weeks notice if they decide to proceed with a glass door, and they replied that new door would be wood.

I also suggested that I be allowed to have a guard dog - if new door is not secure enough for me, otherwise I would still leave. I did say though that because this break in attempt was neither mine or the landlords fault that I would stay on a bit longer to help the landlord out financially as I heard they would be paying for the damages out of their own pocket/not insurance - staying while another tenant is found and/or that I would be interested in staying at another property that the landlord may have.

I wondered if my actions fit in with the casting of 30.1.4 to 52.

In hindsight, I certainly feel that my earlier casting of 23.4 was more a psychological issue than a prediction - well at least I hope so.

Cheers :)

MeltingPot247

visitor
Reaction score
Can't edit,

So for this part

"I wondered if my actions fit in with the casting of 30.1.4 to 52" - I should have used the term 'responses' with reference to landlord/agent

I responded to them only after considering all my different options and after making inquiries about other people living with me, or moving to different properties etc.

In summary my thoughts are that I am meant to be still, not make hasty decisions in order to gain clarity over the situation and help those who need it - my self, children and landlord/agent.

����

AnnaP1

visitor
Reaction score
Feel sorry for you I'm going through similar thing now

MeltingPot247

visitor
Reaction score
Received 55.1.3.4 to 2 AGAIN about how likely it will be for me to see/stay at a friends house this Sunday - and I don't understand it fully this time around.

But what transpired for this answer last time is that I ended up moving in with my friend at landlord gave me 90 days notice to vacate so they could sell property.

MeltingPot247

visitor
Reaction score
Update and new question, same response from Yi

Received 55.1.3.4 to 2 AGAIN about how likely it will be for me to see/stay at a friends house this Sunday - and I don't understand it fully this time around.

But what transpired for this answer last time is that I ended up moving in with my friend at landlord gave me 90 days notice to vacate so they could sell property.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).