...life can be translucent

Menu

Will we have more rain in 2019 Hexagram 50 to 54

maisie

visitor
Reaction score
Dear Folks,

Hello I asked this question because we had so little rain where I live last year, it had worried me.
I thought the response was really interesting.
I got hexagram 50 changing to 54.
Line 1

'The vessel with upturned feet.
Fruitful to get the blockage out.
Taking a concubine for her child,
Not a mistake.'

Line 3

'The vessel's ears are radically changed,
Its action blocked.
Rich pheasant fat goes uneaten.
Rain on all sides lessens regrets,
In the end, good fortune.'

Line 6

'The vessel has a jade handle
Great good fortune,
Nothing that does not bear fruit.'

So in line 3 rain on all sides lessens regret.
I wanted to ask if anyone else has noticed that Yi sometimes gives them a weather forcast?
I read in the past the Chinese used the oracle to help predict the weather.
Any thoughts.
Thanks very much

maisie

visitor
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if there have been any threads with or on the weather?
Thankyou

D

diamanda

Hi maisie,

You can search for older threads in Site Search (bottom of this page). And please let us know, it sounds very interesting.

I've been thinking about your cast.

Will we have more rain in 2019? 50.1.3.6 > 54

In short, yes perhaps a bit more. 50 and its lines here describe something like a failed pregnancy.

In 50.1 there is something new - a new pregnancy, and I'm guessing symbolically this refers to crops. So there will be some rain in the beginning of 2019.

Line 50.3 shows problems in the pregnancy. The 'ear' is malfunctioning (in the human body this probably refers to the ovaries), and the rich food (placenta?) is not eaten. The rain described in this line is somewhat problematic. It is "on all sides", and there's also a character, next to the rain character, showing deficiency. The situation is not good, and perhaps that's why the line mentions that ending is lucky. Overall this line sounds like a miscarriage. So, going back to the idea of crops, the harvest will probably fail.

Line 50.6 is 'auspicious', and yet it shows a cauldron without any food in it. I believe that the auspiciousness of 50.6 is that the cauldron is still fine, so it can still be used in the future.

Resulting 54 shows something which is not that great. So perhaps you'll have more rain this year, than in the previous one, and yet it still won't be enough.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).