...life can be translucent

Menu

Hilarious castings

liquidity

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Have you ever had readings that turned out really funny?

One recent example for me was when I was talking to someone on a dating app and I got an immediate feeling of exhaustion from the conversation. Everything about this person seemed too much.

I asked Yi for an opinion.

47 unchanging - “Exhaustion,” literally.

On. The. Dot.

steve

visitor
Reaction score
I had one just last night,

I was waiting for my accounts manager to send some money over and was slightly annoyed, as funds were slightly low. The accounts manager had not conatcted me all day.
I had resigned to the fact I was on a budget so decided to pull something out of the freezer instead of ordering out.

I asked what I needed to know about the situation? 51 Unchanging
I thought ok, that could mean a few things, i wasn't feeling overly emotional so,
I then asked the Oracle to elaborate for me.

I recieved 21.2.3.4> I thought hmmm ok, literaly 5 minutes later I was messing around in the kitchen and decided I to check my jeans for coins in the dirty washing, put my hand into the pocket and wham pulled out a big wad of cash

I just stood there with a strange look on my face saying slowly, "thats weird"

It was as if Yi knew I had money in my jeans, I ended up just eating the curry i pulled from the freezer and then the accounts manager transfered the money when I was sleeping and it was here when I woke up.

Steve

L

legume

yes. it's often to do with what translation i'm using at a given moment (bless the synchronicity), but sometimes the hexagrams themselves are just piss takers, no matter what version i read - in that case usually the story is a bit longer ( in my readings journal at some point i literally made a note to the I Ching "i know you love irony, but really? c'mon")...

anyway, as an example, few days ago i asked what karma do i still have to work through in this lifetime and on the site where i threw the coins the names of the hexes were: progress (35) changing into - too much (28) :rofl:

that same website made me chuckle yet another time, when trying to figure out what's wrong with my mom's internet (it wasn't working and we were on the phone for hours, i live far away, and just couldn't get to the bottom of it). the computer and the settings seemed fine and weirdly enough the wifi was working fine too. got 29.6 > 59, with comment to the top line being "Something is bound to an inaccessible place, so that it cannot be of advantage for a long time." - well, i knew that much, but thanks for confirming! :D and indeed, the router had to be replaced (happily not the network card, as i initially worried) but that happened only after few days of no access...

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
This was very funny to me in the moment.

My friend (who gave me my first copy of Wilhelm) used to stay up all night, every night, sleep 3-4 hours in the morning then another 3 or 4 in the late afternoon. He complained of being tired all the time. For years I told him to adopt a regular sleeping pattern instead of the one that was causing his tiredness.
He brushed my concerns aside.

One day he was at my home and complained again. I told him to ask Yi. (because I stop giving advice to people who aren't listening, I wonder where I learned that from?)
The reading was 17 unchanging.
At nightfall the Jun Zi goes inside to rest. :rolleyes:

liquidity

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I had one just last night,

I was waiting for my accounts manager to send some money over and was slightly annoyed, as funds were slightly low. The accounts manager had not conatcted me all day.
I had resigned to the fact I was on a budget so decided to pull something out of the freezer instead of ordering out.

I asked what I needed to know about the situation? 51 Unchanging
I thought ok, that could mean a few things, i wasn't feeling overly emotional so,
I then asked the Oracle to elaborate for me.

I recieved 21.2.3.4> I thought hmmm ok, literaly 5 minutes later I was messing around in the kitchen and decided I to check my jeans for coins in the dirty washing, put my hand into the pocket and wham pulled out a big wad of cash

I just stood there with a strange look on my face saying slowly, "thats weird"

It was as if Yi knew I had money in my jeans, I ended up just eating the curry i pulled from the freezer and then the accounts manager transfered the money when I was sleeping and it was here when I woke up.

Steve
Just checking: it's because 21.2.3.4 refers to metal -- and therefore coins?

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
Did he listen to Yi? :zzz:

Nope, he hasn't adjusted his pattern.

so whenever he brings it up now, I play this game where I smile at him and say nothing. He talks and talks about it and I just smile and stay completely silent. After a few minutes he says, "you don't seem very interested in discussing this" and I respond with a big smile until he changes the subject.

Last edited:
D

diamanda

One of my sisters had once asked the yi about a possible new hair-dryer she wanted to buy (so hard to get a good one). I can't remember the exact question, or what happened in the end, but the answer was hilarious to her, hence she shared it with me and I still remember it: 16.4 ("As a hair clasp gathers the hair"). Get a hair iron instead...? I Ching - always contemporary :rofl:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).