...life can be translucent

Menu

Super I Ching ?!

Nimporte

visitor
Reaction score
Hello,I have Raymond Lo i ching book and Whilehm Richahrd's translation.But these books arent enough to understand.Alex Chiu web site look limited.What do you prefer on that line?Alex Chiu web site superiching is enough?Or need book?Or anorher book?ı dont want to give lots of money for Raymond Lo's lessons about 2000s dolars.Need a book clearly talks about!

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hello,I have Raymond Lo i ching book and Whilehm Richahrd's translation.But these books arent enough to understand.Alex Chiu web site look limited.What do you prefer on that line?Alex Chiu web site superiching is enough?Or need book?Or anorher book?ı dont want to give lots of money for Raymond Lo's lessons about 2000s dolars.Need a book clearly talks about!

What do you like best his 'gorgeous pill' or his 'immortality rings' ?

http://www.alexchiu.com/gorgeous/

You surely can't take him seriously ?

A man who claims this is not worthy of attention. From the link

The better-than-expected result surprises even Alex Chiu himself.
If your head is too big, this pill will shrink your head size. Yes, the pill is strong enough to change the shape of your bones!!

Wowsers a pill that changes the size of your head. I don't know about Super I Ching it's more like Super Bull Shit to me

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
You surely can't take him seriously ?

Con artists are good at their craft.
Of course they are taken seriously,
until you realize you've been taken or have enough data to see it beforehand,
such as experience with them.

A few weeks before he passed away,
my friend (who used to be in army intelligence and later dabbled in being a con man) Loudly made this clear about a certain orange skinned office holder,
"He's a con man! I know,
because I was one!"

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Con artists are good at their craft.
Of course they are taken seriously,

He isn't good at his craft because it is obviously patently bullshit. Everyone knows a pill can't make your head smaller and immortality rings don't work.

There are con men who send scam emails that look convincing. I had several recently from TV Licensing saying there was a problem with my payment. I wasn't taken in bur it did look feasible whereas nothing Alex Chui does looks remotely feasible.

There are many convincing looking scams out there. Alex Chui isn't one of them.

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
I like to watch some videos on youtube by a hacker named deeveeaar.

He acts like a fool and plays along with phone/internet scammers until he let's them think they have access to his machine. A moment later he is destroying the whole scam centers computer network
He's like that comedian you suggested,
but you can hear the scammers screaming and freaking out as he smites them.
What fun.

F

Freedda

Nimporte,

I would not recommend Alex Chui's I Ching - and I'd even recommend that you stay clear of it! His 'Gorgeous Pill' however, I'm on board with; after all, who wouldn't want to take a pill that will gradually make them look like a super model!

I really like Bradford Hatcher's I Ching. You can download the 2- book PDFs from his web site, or you can purchase hard copies. I find his translation straight-forward, though his commentaries - which he calls the Rogue River Commentaries - are somewhat different than what you find in most other I Chings.

Also on his website is a page that he titles 'Hexagram Names and Core Meanings' which I use regularly, because it gives me a good sense of the underlying meanings to the hexagrams.

Besides that Hilary Barrett's (this is her website) book is good. Yo can see a review of it here:
https://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/learn/book-reviews-2/recommended-books/

There is also a tool on this website for doing free readings, and it offers Hilary's text. See - https://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/reading/free-online-i-ching/

Along the lines of what to stay away from, there is James DeKorne's GNOSTIC BOOK OF CHANGES. The problem for me here is that it is too much of a catch-all, new-age smorgasbord, where people can pick and choice from a half dozen different versions, without really gleaning any real meaning about the I Ching from it. It might be a good resource after you've delved into the Yi a bit, but proceed with caution on this one.

Those are some resources that I'd recommend starting with.

Best, David.

L

legume

Alex Chiu web site look limited.What do you prefer on that line?

it does look limited indeed :D i'd prefer any advice from alexa chung over alex chiu, if we're talking super models... as to books, Wilhelm's a really good translation, Bradford Hatcher's another great one and the mix of both should be just "enough to understand"... if it's not, then you can always share your reading in the other section of this forum and there are very wise people here who can help :)

H

hmesker

Alex Chiu clearly is one of the most ridiculous persons I have met in the field of Yixue but his book & website on Wenwanggua comes closest to how the method can be practiced. He did give his own twist to the material, but having read more than a dozen of Chinese books on WWG I notice that every author does that. For a review of 3 books (including Raymond Lo's and Alex Chiu's) see https://www.biroco.com/yijing/najia.htm .

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).