...life can be translucent

Menu

Newbee

beekay

visitor
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am from Canada. I asked about wether I should continue working on a technology startup that I have been working on since 2015. Its been rough 4 years so I am beginning to wonder if I should continue. I am not sure that I understand and would appreciate any insights the group may have. My reading below. I think the first part is telling me that that its good but I cannot understand the second part at all. Specifically, what should I do to arrive at a successful conclusion or what am I doing wrong.

Q: Should I continue working on EDA?

Your reading resulted in the following hexagrams:

Changing 47 to 45

Hexagram 47, ConfinedKey

Questions

What if you could only rely on yourself?
Who are you, when you are alone?

Oracle
'Confined, creating success. Constancy of a great person, good fortune.
Not a mistake.

There are words, not trusted.'The Chinese character for 'Confined' or 'oppressed' shows a tree completely encircled by walls: an image of entrapment and isolation. You are cut off, and cannot reach out to others. The great person finds good fortune in constancy to an inner ideal. This is the supreme test of character: whether you can hold to your purpose when there is no encouragement, no confirmation from outside, but only your own inner resources. The lack of outward signs of progress does not mean that you are wrong, or that the world is wrong. Rather than resenting the walls, concentrate on the life and growth within them.

Do not place too much value on words: they will not provide you with a way out – neither conversation, nor argument, nor your own reasoning and theorizing. Words alone are only circulating ideas; they lack the real, personal connection that would make them trustworthy.

Image'

Lake without water: Confined. A noble one carries out the mandate, fulfils her aspiration.

'SequenceBeing Confined follows from Hexagram 46, Pushing Upward:'Pushing upward and not reaching an end is naturally Confining.

'PairConfined forms a pair with Hexagram 48, the Well:'The Well is wholly connected; Confined means meeting together.'Changing

LinesLine 2'

Confined while drinking and feasting,Scarlet sashes come from all directions.
Fruitful to use thank-offerings and oblations.Setting out to bring order: pitfall, no mistake.

Hexagram 45, GatheringKey

Questions
What is asked of you?
What are you investing in?

Oracle'Gathering, creating success.The king enters his temple. Fruitful to see great people, creating success. Constancy bears fruit. Using great sacrificial animals: good fortune. Fruitful to have a direction to go.'The old character for 'Gathering' shows people gathered like grass, or perhaps gathered to bring in the harvest: they have a shared identity, and invest together for a purpose, looking for what will bear fruit. Sometimes this is an external gathering, sometimes an internal one – collecting yourself and integrating your many roles and strengths, getting yourself together. Many people, roles, energies and issues are concentrated in this single focal point.

The king enters his temple to connect his people with the ancestral spirits. This is a time to strengthen shared roots, and understand mundane daily activities as part of a larger story and identity that gives them meaning.

With this connection made, it is time to see great people. Originally this might have meant consulting with diviners, to ensure your offerings were made in harmony with the time and the spirits. Seeing great people (whether in the flesh or with your inner vision) gives you longer- term guidance to align your efforts with your purpose. Then a steady persistence will bear fruit. And you are making great efforts – and an act of faith – investing the best you have in this gathering. You need those good, deep roots, and clear-sighted guidance, and you need to know where you are going with it all.

Image' Lake higher than the earth: Gathering.A noble one sets aside weapons and tools, and warns against the unexpected.'

SequenceGathering follows from Hexagram 44, Coupling:'They meet one another, then they assemble, and so Gathering follows. Gathering means assembling.'PairGathering forms a pair with Hexagram 46, Pushing Upward:'Gathering means assembling, Pushing Upward means not coming back.'

Last edited:

beekay

visitor
Reaction score
Sorry for the lack of formatting. THe post looked fine before I pressed post. I am also unable to edit it now.

beekay

visitor
Reaction score
PS. Is it 47 changing to 45?

Yes. I have fixed the formatting in the original post. Thank you for your help. I was able to change my settings to standard formatting to resolve the paragraph setting.

L

legume

hello, to answer the more general question first: what should I do to arrive at a successful conclusion or what am I doing wrong.

it often helps to ask I Ching an open question, rather than a yes/no question, this way, i find, it's much easier to gain clarity from a reading. secondly, i'd suggest to just focus on the changing lines of the initial hexagram and then image and judgement of resulting hexagram, especially if there's only one change - this often suggest a direct answer or advice.

as to the actual question: should I continue working on EDA? 47.2 > 45

from Wilhelm: Nine in the second place means: One is oppressed while at meat and drink.

The man with the scarlet knee bands is just coming.
It furthers one to offer sacrifice.

To set forth brings misfortune.

No blame.

This pictures a state of inner oppression. Externally, all is well, one has meat and drink. But one is exhausted by the commonplaces of life, and there seems to be no way of escape. Then help comes from a high place. A prince-in ancient China princes wore scarlet knee bands- is in search of able helpers. But there are still obstructions to be overcome. Therefore it is important to meet these obstructions in the visible realm by offerings and prayer. To set forth without being prepared would be disastrous, though not morally wrong. Here a disagreeable situation must be overcome by patience of spirit.

i think the advice here is to take a little break, to stop for a while, but not necessarily for good, so that you can prepare your next steps to eventually be able to gather / mass (resulting hexagram 45 - gathering together) either some profits or at least resources or just your own energy to make the right decision?

the first hexagram and its changing lines often show the current situation and i can imagine that having been working relentlessly on a project for so long one would eventually feel opressed, confined - as hex 47 suggest. but within line 2 the idea of finding help is given, hence i don't think the overall advice is to completely give up. i personally also feel that the meaning behind hex 45 has to do with making some space (to be able to mass, gather together, collect, some space is needed) - and in your situation this brings to mind not only profits but also expenditures, possibly?

what were your initial thoughts when receiving this line and have you made any decisions?

hope this helps and wish you all the best!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).