...life can be translucent

Menu

8 Union to 13 fellowship

anyah

visitor
Reaction score
Here is just a quick question. I wanted to know if a certain relationship will still be significant now that I've moved a short distance away. Some people are only friends because they are physically close by and it's convenient. Other friendships are there because people will go out of their way to maintain it. I just really want to know which one it is with this person? I suppose time will tell, but in the meantime I'm a little too shy and insecure to be the one to reach out and I don't know if I should anyway. I think because I'm shy, people often think I don't care when I really do. There are 4 changing lines so I don't think the lines are significant. I've read on this forum that 13 stands for an insignificant, superficial relationships; so I'm guessing that the reading means we will drift apart. I hope this is not the case though. I enjoy this person more than I can say.

F

Freedda

It is always better if you can show us what the moving lines are so we don't have to figure it out. One way people do this is:

Example: 1.4.5.6 > 11 (or, 'to 11') . Which is hexagram 1 with moving lines 4,5,6 changing to 11.

anyah

visitor
Reaction score
The changing lines are 1,3,4 6. With this many lines I didn’t think they werr important.

8:1.3.4.6 to 13

anyah

visitor
Reaction score
Must not have been a very interesting hexagram since no one replied. So here is an update instead. So far both of us are equally reaching out to stay connected. It feels good.

D

diamanda

Anya don't take it personally that nobody has replied to this, it just randomly happens. All casts are interesting to most people here.

if a certain relationship will still be significant now that I've moved a short distance away
8.1.3.4.6 > 13

Sorry but I doubt it... 8 means together with, side by side with. So you were near this person physically (8.1), but he's a nasty person (8.3). You continued going out with him (8.4), but there is no prospect of a relationship (8.6). 13 is about going out into the big world and meeting lots of people / friends. So overall it sounds that the relationship wasn't significant to begin with, and that you'll need to find friends in order to overcome it. Even if it turns out that you'll remain 'friends', I'm afraid it will still be only 'friends', meaning he will feel free to date other 'friends' as well and he will not enter a relationship with you. However, you can play this 13 card to your benefit, by creating new friendships for yourself in the new place - a fresh start! I hope things get better for you.

L

legume

hello and thank you for updating the post, this is always helpful :)

my take on this reading would be that 8, together with all the lines, might be describing the process happening within yourself at the time of asking, and 13 - a glimpse into the future?

i'd say 8.1 could serve as a reminder about the attitude to have towards approaching any relations if we want them to go a certain way, for every relation needs the right beginning to set it on its course (this is further explored in line 6), while 8.3 might describe the very hesitation you mentioned here initially. line 5 then could be about actually reaching out, and line 6 serves as a summary for all, saying this might not be the significance you were looking for.

generally hex 8 moving to hex 13 can also mean that having reconnected with this person might open doors to a broader social life and possibly new friendships, which is probably a good outcome, considering you've just moved to a new place? i wouldn't necessarily think you have to drift apart, maybe things will naturally shift as you progress making new friends and that person could be very much important for all this to happen. hope all turns out well!

anyah

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you both! If it makes a difference, this isn’t a romantce. Just someone i want to stay friends with. Ironically i moved because of a 3rd person who was stressful to be around. I wonder if thats line 8.3? Or is that wishful thinking. But the person in question has made my life easier by being someone to talk to. I don’t want to be needy, although sometimes i am. So I’ve been letting him take initiative and laying low. I don’t see him as much, but he has stopped by a couple of times, so i do feel better, like I was a real friend and not just someone convenient to talk to.

anyah

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you both! If it makes a difference, this isn’t a romantce. Just someone i want to stay friends with. Ironically i moved because of a 3rd person who was stressful to be around. I wonder if thats line 8.3? Or is that wishful thinking. But the person in question has made my life easier by being someone to talk to. I don’t want to be needy, although sometimes i am. So I’ve been letting him take initiative and laying low. I don’t see him as much, but he has stopped by a couple of times, so i do feel better, like I was a real friend and not just someone convenient to talk to.

D

diamanda

Thank you both! If it makes a difference, this isn’t a romantce. Just someone i want to stay friends with.
Well, you say it's not a romance, but the way you describe your feelings about this guy, it sounds like you're in love with him. In my opinion you should reconsider your definition of friendship. In true friendship, there are / were / have been no infatuation or fancying elements involved, by any of the two sides. A true friend is someone we feel totally comfortable to contact, whenever we want or need to.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).