...life can be translucent

Menu

Should I go to my friend’s wedding?

MadameOak

visitor
Reaction score
Sorry in advance for the formatting. I was invited to my friend’s wedding and it’s complicated. I don’t know if I should go and am back and forth in my head. So I asked the iching. 1. What would be the result if I say no? 26.2 > 22Taming Power of the Great. 2 The axelrods are taken from the wagon. Leads to 22 Grace. 2. What would be the result if I say yes?50.2.5 > 33The Cauldron. 2 There is food in the ting, my comrades are envious but they cannot harm me. Good fortune.5 The ting has yellow handles, golden carrying rings. Perseverance furthersLeads to 33 RetreatThen, I asked...3. What would best serve?11.2.4.5 > 49Peace. 2 Bearing with the uncultured in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, Not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions: Thus one may manage to walk in the middle.4 He flutters down, not boasting of his wealth, Together with his neighbor, guileless and sincere.5 The sovereign I gives his daughter in marriage. And supreme good fortune.Leads to 49 Revolution 4. Finally, what would best serve me?35.1.3.6>55Aspiration1. Progressing, but turned back. Perseverance brings good fortune. If one meets with no confidence, one should remain calm. No mistake.3. Progressing, but turned back. Perseverance brings good fortune. If one meets with no confidence, one should remain calm. No mistake.6. undivided, shows one advancing his horns. But he only uses them to punish the rebellious people of his own city. The position is perilous, but there will be good fortune. Yet however firm and correct he may be, there will be occasion for regret.Leads to 55 AbundanceAny insight would be appreciated. I’m truly torn. I will provide clarifying information, if needed.

MadameOak

visitor
Reaction score
Yeah the formatting is worse than I thought it would be. I don’t understand how to fix it in this forum, sorry.

MadameOak

visitor
Reaction score
Yeah the formatting is worse than I thought it would be. I don’t understand how to fix it in this forum, sorry.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
What would be the result if I say no?
26.2 - 22.

Saying no results in (23.2) not going to (22) a party.

"The axel rods taken from the wagon" seem to describe you not going but it's a harsh decision. It's not a pleasant line like 33.6 where one is withdrawing to simply go off following their own course. It's a feeling of being prevented from moving forward. It sounds like you are prevented from going because you are concerned with whether you can in good conscience show support for this union.

The resulting hexagram 22. Grace is a feeling of beauty and fantasy.

It doesn't read to me like your not attending would cause any great disturbance but it does sort of sound like you would be missing out by staying home. Along with beauty, 22.Grace as the resulting hexagram can also mean that one's fears or concerns or ideas about how things will turn out are unfounded imaginings.

Your further questions about how things would go for you if you do decide to attend seem to all (particularly 11.2) reinforce a feeling that it will be possible for you to go and not get pulled off your own path and not get sucked into other people's dramas.

Over all I think you can take these readings as encouragement to attend - provided of course that if you do have misgivings about the wedding you can put them aside and vow to "forever hold your peace"!

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score

It's not your fault but a forum bug affecting new users. It is being dealt with or will be dealt with in due course but meantime Hilary has offered these solutions to the paragraph issue etc

Workarounds for paragraphs: switch editor, or switch browser.

To switch editor:
Go to 'General Settings',
Towards the bottom of this page under 'Miscellaneous options' switch message editor to 'Standard editor'
At the bottom of the page click the 'save changes' button

Browsers that work better: Internet Explorer (heaven help us all) and Edge.

The workaround for anything that 'hangs', ie show you a spinny 'working' icon but never works, is to right-click it and choose 'open in new tab'.

MadameOak

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you Rosada... especially digging through everything to get to the meat of the post. Great interpretation. I’m leaning towards going and I now feel more confident about that decision. I want to support my friend on his special day. And Trojina, I appreciate the tips on formatting.

MadameOak

visitor
Reaction score
After initially saying NO I reconsidered and said YES. The wedding is tonight. I will update. Already experiencing what I believe is line 50.2 (there are some who are upset they weren’t invited and I’m sensing envy). I will see if that line also reveals itself AT the wedding, or if that’s the gist of it. I am glad I said yes because as Rosada commented, I would have felt left out.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).