...life can be translucent

Menu

B

becalm

Could line 6 in Hexagram 33 possibly mean being retrenched from ones job. Rich retreat from total withdrawal.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
What does retrenched mean ?

B

becalm

It means that the job role in the organisation no longer exists but you can't be sacked as such. Usually you're offered a choice take a financial package to leave the organisation (retrenchment) or take up another role within the organisation which is usually a lesser role.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Could line 6 in Hexagram 33 possibly mean being retrenched from ones job. Rich retreat from total withdrawal.

It means that the job role in the organisation no longer exists but you can't be sacked as such. Usually you're offered a choice take a financial package to leave the organisation (retrenchment) or take up another role within the organisation which is usually a lesser role.

Oh in the UK we would call that being offered redundancy.

I think 33.6 could certainly describe taking a nice redundancy payment yes especially if you had enough of the place anyway.

B

becalm

'Oh in the UK we would call that being offered redundancy'.....that's probably the better word for it actually. Thanks Trojina - I'd asked what someone's employment status was and this was the answer. I kind of thought this might be the case and looks like Yi confirmed it.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
No it hasn't. Answers are generally for you so apply the 33.6 to you. I don't engage in readings about what other people are doing so feel I've almost been tricked here.

You were really asking for interpretation help so this should have gone in Shared Readings.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
A Yi answer cannot be taken as confirmation of a fact you do not know about someone else.

I thought you were asking for yourself or asking generally in discsussion. Why didn't you post this in SR ?

B

becalm

Well even though it was from a reading I found it interesting. It wasn't what I was expecting to be honest, even though it made sense after I put it together because I couldn't understand why the said person wasn't at work. I didn't post it on SR because in the bigger picture the answer doesn't matter......I was just curious if the line COULD mean that. Sorry if you felt like you were tricked - not my intention.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I was just curious if the line COULD mean that. Sorry if you felt like you were tricked - not my intention.

Oh okay I see, anyway I can't think of a better line for happily taking a nice redundancy package :)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).