...life can be translucent

Menu

Career alternatives 50.5 > 44 and 27.2 > 41 - pls help

fengyun

visitor
Reaction score
Some of you may have followed the reading on my trip abroad in search of new beginnings:

https://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showthread.php?27255-11-2-5-gt-63-new-beginnings

Employment-wise, I am now facing a somewhat complex situation:
(Background: I have been with my current employer for 20 yrs, and I – desperately - want to leave to tackle a new challenge.)

I am very, very eager to join a certain institution that I visited whilst on my trip. After my return home I asked the I Ching: How are my chance to get a job with institution X? The answer: hex 50.5 > 44

A couple of days after this casting, I learnt that at my current company there is a 2-year secondment coming up at institution Y (which I also visited during aforesaid trip). I could apply for this and most likely stand a 50% chance of getting it. Starting date would be in August this year. All in all, I would much rather work for institution X. However, there currently is no opening at institution X. Institution Y is based in the same city as institution X. Thus, networking with institution X would be much easier when based in the same city. Also, at least in theory, if I got that secondment at institution Y and institution X offered me a position, I could give notice at Y (this thought makes me feel like a cad, though…). A colleague (and friend) who was seconded some years ago strongly recommended to go for the position at institution Y. Notwithstanding this, I feel hesitant about the interview process as well as potentially joining institution Y.
My question to the I Ching: What do I need to know with respect to applying for the position at institution Y? The answer: hex 27.2 > 41.

My interpretation: First of all, I was baffled that both castings referred to “cooking / nourishment”. Maybe the I Ching is telling me that both jobs put food on the table. Now, with respect to hex 50.5 > 44, I understand that hex 50 is auspicious (fulfilling one’s destiny & accomplishing one’s aims). Something is cooking up, and I should give it time. My world is changing. I should make a clean break from the past since my overall plans are good. Success may be likely.
Line 5: “The vessel has golden ears and bronze rings.” I interpret this as what I have to offer is recognized as valuable and nourishing, and it is well received. I should keep pushing forward.
This all sounds great. However, hex 50 changes to hex 44 which befuddles me. If I understand correctly, hex 44 is about NOT acting, not being impulsive, treading carefully, and making sure my judgement is not clouded. Some books refer to deception and a difficult situation that I can learn something from. To me hex 50 and 44 are almost contradictory. Hence, my difficulty to interpret this reading.

As to my second question (institution Y), I regard this casting as more negative than the first (institution X). But my view may be clouded since I really want to join institution X. I am unsure what hex 27 tells me. To consider my words carefully? To take things in and learn my lessons?
Line 2: Not a sage on a mountain but a beggar on the hill = misfortune. What does this tell me? Doing nothing will further my case? Better not to apply?
And even worse this changes to hex 41. Slowing down, postponing new endeavors. Letting go to further healthy growth?

(To add to my confusion: A tarot reading indicated that the future with respect to institution X is represented by the Knight of Swords (very negative!), while the outcome regarding institution Y is symbolized by 9 of Pentacles (auspicious)).

I am at a crossroads of an important decision – so I would very much appreciate your help!

fengyun

visitor
Reaction score
Anybody? I am a fairly new member. So if there is something wrong with my post, pls point this out to me.

fengyun

visitor
Reaction score
Mini update: i decided against applying for the secondment at institution Y. I would still very much appreciate some feedback from other members.

D

diamanda

How are my chance to get a job with institution X? 50.5 > 44
It will not be to your benefit. In line 50.5 the cauldron makes a move, and it leads to danger (44).

What do I need to know with respect to applying for the position at institution Y? 27.2 > 41
This is also not a great solution, you would somehow lose out.

fengyun

visitor
Reaction score
I apologise for my late response - I only just saw your reply, diamanda.
Anyway, thank you for your thoughts. To be honest, my initial reaction is a feeling of despair. I do not know which direction to turn. :-((

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).