...life can be translucent

Menu

52.3.6 -> 2 What to do about this job

mulberry

visitor
Reaction score
Some of the flexibility of a freelance job I've been doing for awhile just changed after the company was sold. Knowing these changes and new requirements won't work for me, I put in notice. However, the manager there came back to me saying she is trying to have strings pulled and keep the previous arrangement for me because she doesn't want to see me go.

Even though this was a good job, after putting in my notice I really made peace with leaving. I don't particularly want to stay, but I also don't want to burn this bridge. I'm also wary of a compromise situation where there's pressure to commit to more hours than I can do. I'm not sure how to proceed.

I asked Yi, "Any advice on my next step here?" and got

52.3.6->2

This one is hard for me to parse. "Not seeing your people. Not a mistake." makes me think I should focus on my own needs and not be open to compromise here, just move on. Maybe there's a danger of ending up with a still-unpleasant half-way lack of flexibility (53.3)? I'm not sure how to read 52.6 or 2 in this situation.

Any thoughts?

mulberry

visitor
Reaction score
I asked just now:

Outcome of quitting: 25.1.4-> 20

And

Outcome of staying: 28.2.5 -> 62

Yi seems to be encouraging me to leave now, rather than meet them halfway and agree to less flexibility.

Thoughts, anyone? Having been in a 62 situation previously in a very bad job (62 came up constantly for it--a very stressful environment), I'm leery of seeing it here. 25 seems to confirm this isn't my fault per se, it's "without entanglement"--they changed the rules, which don't work for me...

Thoughts, anybody? I need to make a decision ASAP.

Many thanks!

mandarin_23

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Just take it easy I think! Not so sure about 25, as I don't know the meaning of the changing lines per heart. Leaving means - without entanglement -, but this option also tells you to think about yourself and your life, get an overview (20).
Staying - 28.2.5. - looks quite auspicious to me, as the changing lines say that the stressful situation is changing, things will quiet down, then you will have to concentrate on the details (62) ...

mulberry

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks, mandarin! I ended up quitting and it was for the best, the hours requirements were already becoming very stressful to manage with childcare planning.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).