...life can be translucent

Menu

Will I get this job? 56.1.6 > 55

D

diamanda

Got an interview later this week, for a job I want. Will they offer me this position, will I get it? 56.1.6 > 55

I went through my journal and I had this cast when I was asking years ago "will I lose my job this year?" (they made me redundant two months later, although with a very satisfying pay package). I searched through older threads about this cast but didn't find that much info which could apply. I certainly don't like any of the lines... however, them being lines 1 and 6, I have a slight hope that it means that wandering (applications?) will finally end. That's the positive spin! The negative could be that I won't get that job and I'll lose my current one as well :eek: Thoughts?

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Don't let these lines freak you out. Perhaps you are being given advice for how to handle the interview.

56.1 would describe you as the applicant and how it's important to present yourself as a calm sensible person - no "jokes or buffoonery".
56.6 also seems to caution against "laughing and jesting."
Wilhelm mentions the importance of maintaining "inner dignity", "modesty" and "adaptability."

55. Be like the Sun at midday.
This hexagram certainly sounds good - like your abilities are recognized.

All together I interpret these hexagrams as meaning you make a good impression but don't let down your guard and be too folksy. You want a job, not a playdate!

D

diamanda

Thanks Rosada. I don't do jokes during interviews, but your comment made me think. Most interview advice says to mirror the style of interviewers. I'll be on guard to avoid being too friendly even if they are.

D

diamanda

Update - I wanted this job because this is a renowned institution, but immediately after the interview I realised I didn't want to work there for many important reasons (manager too 'sour', area inconvenient and soul-less, no work-from-home flexibility etc.). I would be very unhappy there. The moment I walked out I started hoping they wouldn't offer it to me because it would be difficult for me to explain turning them down. It's been several days now and they didn't get back to me at all.

Will I get this job? 56.1.6 > 55
I didn't get it, and strangely it turned out I truly didn't want it because of the interview. This trip (56) was concluded very fast. I'm hoping that 55 means I'll get lots of other chances elsewhere.

As about my older question with the same cast, "will I lose my job this year". Yes I did lose it, because the company I worked for was bought over by a foreign company and they quickly made mass redundancies. And yes I did have other jobs after that.

No idea what the 'laughter' is about in line 56.6. I certainly didn't laugh on any of these two occasions.

B

becalm

I'm sorry I didn't see your post to respond diamanda. Funny this sort of thing keeps happening to me too. I don't read Line 6 as laughing I read it as someone was being careless. Maybe it just means - after the interview you couldn't care less about getting the job.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).