...life can be translucent

Menu

What is the meaning of my life? Hexagram 13.5 to 30

Reaction score
Hello folks, hope you all are doing alright :)I am pretty new at this forum. I have been reading your threads for about 3-4 months now looking for some explanations for some of my own questions (it helps sometimes), but have never joined forum, until now. Currently I am going trough a period of my life where there's a lot of confusion for me, questioning: how to plan my life (in which direction), how to position myself and how to change myself (and my life altogether). :confused: I've been in a weird position in life for a long time, and could use some help at understanding how to position myself finally. When I say weird position - I feel like I'm not doing anything right for a long time, choosing wrong paths considering many things (careerwise, love life, friends etc.). :brickwall: I am currently at crossroads and could really use some help deciding what to do. I decided to finally join this forum and hope to get some of the answers right with your help.For example, I've asked Yi today: "What is the meaning of my life?" and got an answer hex. 13.5 to 30. (what I had in mind while asking this: What is my purpose? Why do I exist? (what "dharma" should I fulfill in this life?) - all in one) I would really appreciate all of your insights on this matter with whatever comes to your mind.I hope this was precise enough - if not, since I am new to this forum I would appreciate If you told me what changes I should make in writing a post here. There will be more questions in near future I will post here. Thank you very much! :) :hugs:

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Could you be being advised to run a support group for folks who are feeling similarly disconnected from their intended life paths? We are going through a time when outer world signals have taken over our guidance systems and now, like bees who have had their sense of direction upset by cell phone energy curupting the airwaves, we are finding that the directions that have come from the outside are unreliable Thus we are all needing to learn to recognize/sense and trust our inner guidance. Going through this shift alone can be quite daunting, as you have been experiencing. I know others are going through this now too. I think you are being called to lead a hex 13. support group for people like yourself awakening to their inner light.

freimuth

visitor
Reaction score
Purpose

I think 13.5 refers to a community of people, where you can find a meaningful purpose. This can be a support group but also broadly speaking society. Turning to 30: you could enlighten other human beings and perhaps you may need to take care of yourself as well. I find these hexagrams both meaningful and auspicious. All the best!

iams girl

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Lara,

Another source that may help:

"Two people are outwardly separated, but in their hearts they are united. They are kept apart by their positions in life. Many difficulties and obstructions arise between them and cause them grief. But, remaining true to each other, they allow nothing to separate them, and although it costs them a severe struggle to overcome the obstacles, they will succeed. When they come together their sadness will change to joy" (Wilhelm Baynes, 13.5, commentary).

Importantly, I see it as alluding to thinking in terms of not being alone, that somehow you have company on your journey. It may be about your soul striving for a closer relationship with God/Divine/Spirit. It may be about a certain person. It could be both. Either way, I see this as highlighting an inner "union" as an important starting point for lending meaning and incentive to your life which allows you to better share your unique gifts fully and openly with others in the greater context of hex 17, perhaps even in the good suggestions mentioned by others above. Regarding the relating hex 30, about fire, the concept of dependence on fuel is a key element as well, so highlighting the importance of choosing sources of inspiration and motivation wisely as well (a good start maybe that you've posted here :)).

Regarding the twists and turns in life and to encourage you not to be too hard on yourself, this a favorite quote of mine:

“Rather than simply invoke the tremendous grace that lives deep within us, we try to rebuild ourselves into someone who is not tainted by suffering. I would suggest that this is impossible. I would also suggest that it is not even desirable. For it ignores the fundamental potential for the discovery of beauty, strength, and grace in our life as it unfolds, just the way it is" (Wayne Muller).

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
I would interpret 13.5 in your context as follows:
The I Ching doesn't say what the concrete meaning of your life is, but, that at some point you will finally succeed in bringing together what belongs together in your life. The way there is not free of (inner) conflicts and/or feelings of isolation.

Sometimes the I-Ching answers with generalities, or I am that? :D
In any case, I find that it is a comforting answer that takes into account the twists and turns (as iams girl put it) you have to experience now.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).