...life can be translucent

Menu

Would forging a friendship with J be positive? 55 to 31

TannaT

visitor
Reaction score
Hello community, I’m in the middle of expanding my network and wanted to start a friendship with this young lady. I think we would get along, but since I don’t know her well, I decided to ask the IC if it would be a positive thing for me to forge a friendship with her. The resulting lines from 55 were 1 and 5, and they seem to be very good lines. The resulting hex is 31. Now obviously 31 is usually linked to some sort of romantic attraction, but there is definitely no romance involved here. Any interpretation about my question would be appreciated.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hello community, I’m in the middle of expanding my network and wanted to start a friendship with this young lady. I think we would get along, but since I don’t know her well, I decided to ask the IC if it would be a positive thing for me to forge a friendship with her. The resulting lines from 55 were 1 and 5, and they seem to be very good lines. The resulting hex is 31. Now obviously 31 is usually linked to some sort of romantic attraction, but there is definitely no romance involved here. Any interpretation about my question would be appreciated.

31 need not be about romance that is just a metaphor, it is to do with all ways of being drawn and influenced by others. The whole push and pull thing that happens between people. Others affect us so we have to make room for them in our heads and in our lives or we might not want that influence in our lives. The lines of 31 if you read them are a pretty rocky ride.

Here 31 is the relating hexagram, so it's not 'the result' it's the whole environment of the question, where you stand, what you stand in and in seems you feel attraction, you must do or you wouldn't be thinking of approaching her. This doesn't have to be sexual attraction but influence, feeling, like the pull between friends who want to spend time together.

55 here shows well there's nothing more to think about, you have as much information as you need to go ahead :) The sun doesn't get any higher after noon so there's nothing more to wait for so yes go ahead.

Be aware, in line 1, you may be coming together whether you know it or not for a particular purpose, perhaps you share an interest. Line 5 shows this is a good thing. The two of you coming together has a reason, bears fruit, gives rise to all kinds of good things.

So go ahead , why not ? :)

In general I'd think you two do have some reason to connect, you have something to fulfil together. it may not be anything concrete but you know sometimes a friend can ignite our interests in things we might never have thought of or you may share enjoyment in the same thing. Friends influence us a lot from what we read, to what music we know about to where we might go and visit and this all has a purpose of a kind. I'd think you have so much to share ?

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
I would just add that while 55 says “Be like the sun at mid day!”, 31. Influence depicts a small opening, a lake, atop a barrier, a mountain. Together it is an image of being somewhat open yet still keeping ones guard up. This suggests cultivating the possible friendship carefully, testing to see just how receptive she may be before you blurt out your whole game plan.

TannaT

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you for the detailed interpretation Trojina! She and I are invited to the same party next weekend so I think that would be a great time to get to know her.

Pallas

visitor
Reaction score
How has this relationship progressed?
Do you have any feedback to share?

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail: