...life can be translucent

Menu

Situation with MKT 4630: 3.3 to 63, 45 uc, and 36.3.4 to 51

Fanofenka

Inactive
Reaction score
Today in class, the professor in MKT 4630 was frustrated with our progress in class. She abruptly ended class early, where the class went to final report completion mode. We have a final report that is due by the end of the month, but my group wants to complete it before Spring Break.

My first question is, "What is going on with MKT 4630?" 3.3 Sprouting to 63 Already Across.
Line 3 says, "Pursuing a stag with no forester, Simply entering into the centre of the forest. A noble one reads the subtle signs and sets this aside. Going on: shame." I remembered that most of the class were clueless with the final report. Does this mean that the class has no direction?

My second question is, "How will my group do on the final report in MKT 4630?" 45 uc Gathering. We are adding some information and look for secondary data. Does this mean we will do well?

My third question is, "What will happen to MKT 4630 by the end of the semester?" 36.3.4 Brightness Hidden to 51 Shock.
Line 3 says, "Brightness hidden, hunting in the south. Gets their great leader. Afflicted constancy is not possible." My professor will report any group with 15 or 20% plagiarism rate. Does that mean some students will get reported for plagiarism?
Line 4 says, "Entering into the left belly, Catching the heart of brightness hidden. And going out through the gate from the courtyard." Will the whole class feel relief after the presentation and report?

D

diamanda

What is going on with MKT 4630? 3.3 > 63
Does this mean that the class has no direction?

Yes, and possibly it also shows the conflict with the tutor regarding the dates.
Also there's probably an issue you're not aware of.

How will my group do on the final report in MKT 4630? 45 uc

As a group, working all together.

What will happen to MKT 4630 by the end of the semester? 36.3.4 > 51
You'll find out what went wrong with this whole thing and realise something nasty and shocking.

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
What is going on with MKT 4630? 3.3 > 63

'Pursuing a stag with no forester,
Simply entering into the centre of the forest.
A noble one reads the subtle signs and sets this aside.
Going on: shame.'
(Hilary's book)

I've seen an example of this line where I thought the person was able to become the forester, which is encouraging. So maybe your group will be able to do the same? Become the foresters of your own woods, a.k.a. captains of your own ship?

It does say "A noble one reads the subtle signs and sets this aside. Going on: shame." So if you're able to read the signs, set aside whatever the trouble is, and don't just keep "going on" blindly or in bad ways, there might be a possibility it will work out okay. (Just a thought, obviously none of us are actually there!)

Fanofenka

Inactive
Reaction score
Dismanda, for the last question, what can that nasty and shocking thing be? Will the professor fail someone and report the student for plagiarism?

D

diamanda

With 51 involved, it's impossible to tell. It's something that you can't guess beforehand.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
My first question is, "What is going on with MKT 4630?" 3.3 Sprouting to 63 Already Across.
Line 3 says, "Pursuing a stag with no forester, Simply entering into the centre of the forest. A noble one reads the subtle signs and sets this aside. Going on: shame." I remembered that most of the class were clueless with the final report. Does this mean that the class has no direction?

Who's translation are you using ? Can you say ?

What is going on with the class ? Nothing much can be determined so stop trying to find out. Copy the 'noble one' in the line. When you see what the noble one does here emulate that. He's read the signs, nothing can be finalised so he stops trying to make things settled and just lets things be for a while.

My second question is, "How will my group do on the final report in MKT 4630?" 45 uc Gathering. We are adding some information and look for secondary data. Does this mean we will do well?

You need not be so fatalistic - the I Ching is not pronouncing final judgment on your every move, there are many ways to read things. Will you do well with 45uc ? Erm hard to tell

My third question is, "What will happen to MKT 4630 by the end of the semester?" 36.3.4 Brightness Hidden to 51 Shock.
Line 3 says, "Brightness hidden, hunting in the south. Gets their great leader. Afflicted constancy is not possible." My professor will report any group with 15 or 20% plagiarism rate. Does that mean some students will get reported for plagiarism?
Line 4 says, "Entering into the left belly, Catching the heart of brightness hidden. And going out through the gate from the courtyard." Will the whole class feel relief after the presentation and report?

This could describe any number of outcomes so it isn't possible to say 'this is so bad and it will all be terrible :eek:' We have 36, Brightness Hidden so that could mean your class has been underhand and the lines show you might get away with it or you might get caught. Either way line 3 shows there nothing that can be decided immediately. It's more or less impossible to know without full background which you never provide and the situation is hard to understand.

The I Ching doesn't just say 'there will be X' or 'there will be Y' as if you had no part in it. You could be right that the class feel relief after the presentation that their underhand plagiarism has not been noticed :confused: Great ? Who knows, you don't know and I don't know so take the good advice of 3.3 and stop truing to find out because you won't find out.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
What will happen to MKT 4630 by the end of the semester? 36.3.4 > 51
You'll find out what went wrong with this whole thing and realise something nasty and shocking.

What makes you say this to the querent ? It seems a very negative thing to say to someone. You increase their worry by announcing something really 'nasty and shocking' so how does that help anyone ?

There isn't necessarily anything nasty and shocking here, it could be seen any number of ways. In any case I don't think it's a good idea to tell people 'nasty and shocking' things are going to happen especially on such a flimsy basis as this cast.

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Since as far as we know (granted, this thread was started 11 days ago), the semester isn't over yet and the project isn't completed yet, so as Trojina says how can Yi say for sure what will happen?

I do think Yi is giving advice, rather than making predictions.

45uc as an answer to how your group will do - I think Yi's saying that the way to make sure you do well is to put a lot of effort into it, make a big investment, everyone work together, be careful about unexpected things, have weapons and tools handy... (the last two are from the Image).

You (Fanofenka) mentioned elsewhere that you have a paid service available to you to check for plagiarism in your report. That could be the "weapons and tools" from the Image. If you use it, and are careful to allow time to fix any problems it finds ("warns against the unexpected" from the Image) - you will be fine.

Added: here's the Image text, from Hilary's translation -
'Lake higher than the earth: Gathering.
A noble one sets aside weapons and tools,
And warns against the unexpected.'

If you don't do these things, then you might not be. Hence the unchangingness, maybe. Where (asks Yi) do you and your group stand, in relation to making a big effort and watching out for unexpected problems and then fixing them?

I've had 51 telling me to "arouse" myself, to hurry up. It could be that, rather than anything horrible.

Also, a big part of hexagram 51 is responding to fear and shocks properly--- let's just look at the text (Hilary's translation):

'Shock, creating success.
Shock comes, fear and terror.
Laughing words, shrieking and yelling.
Shock spreads fear for a hundred miles.
Someone does not lose the sacred ladle and libation.'

You're obviously afraid, we can tell that.

I haven't seen it in this way before, but in the overall context of many of your school questions, Fanofenka, I wonder if "Laughing words, shrieking and yelling" is the problem in this case? Are all of you doing too much goofing around, and not enough (for example) 45-ing?

Maybe not, of course! Maybe you're hard at work - in which case I think Yi's saying in several readings that then there's no need to worry.

Back to 51 - the last line is "Someone does not lose the sacred ladle and libation". More advice: don't drop the ball, and you'll be fine.

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Also, it says, "Fear and shock, creating success." So I think Yi's saying success can be the result of being afraid. Which is not ideal, of course, but isn't that often how it is? We don't do what we ought to, until shoved into it by utter terror? :weep:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I've had 51 telling me to "arouse" myself, to hurry up. It could be that, rather than anything horrible.

I've been consulting for over 40 years and can't recall ever seeing 51 as anything horrible...it doesn't even say anything about things being horrible. I think people who just jump on the ':eek: it's all horrible' are reacting to the title not the Oracle. For sure some times for some people 51 can come at a time of unpleasant shock but it really doesn't always and isn't the central meaning. It does say - well I will quote what it says from Hilary's translation in wikiwing

'Shock, creating success.
Shock comes, fear and terror.
Laughing words, shrieking and yelling.
The shock spreads fear for a hundred miles.
Someone does not lose the sacred ladle and libation.'

Oh 'creating success - fear - laughing- someone doesn't spill the sacred ladle.

This is in no way mean to reassure you fanofenka since I don't understand your situation which seems to be all about your group trying to outsmart your professor with plagiarism - for some strange reason.

Fanofenka

Inactive
Reaction score
Trojina, I am waiting for the analytics for the final report. Currently, I am on Spring break. By the end of the week, we will meet to discuss how the report can be revised and the presentation.

Fanofenka

Inactive
Reaction score
My group will meet in person next Monday. I asked, "What are my peers in my group up to?" 26.2 Great Taming to 22 Beauty.
Line 2 says, "The cart's axle straps come loose." Does this mean something's not right?

Reading by HB.

Fanofenka

Inactive
Reaction score
Another question I have in mind is, "What will happen on Monday regarding the report and presentation" 4.3 Not Knowing and 18 Corruption. This sounds like a negative reading.
Line 3 says, "Don't take this woman. She sees a man of bronze, and there is no self. No direction bears fruit." Would everything fall apart one way or the other?

Reading by HB.

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
4.3...it could mean that someone will see something as "made of bronze" when they shouldn't? I wonder if another phrase might be "cast in stone"? Do you know that expression? It means something that can't be changed or altered. In this line (if it's valid to see it this way!), Yi's saying don't think like that.

Another possibility might be to watch out for anyone idolizing, or idealizing, something. Pertaining to a report, maybe, as you said up above, someone will think everything's all shiny and perfect when really it isn't?

The other reading, 26.2 to 22, for "what are they up to" - they're not noticing a fragile axle strap? I'm really not sure about either of these.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).