...life can be translucent

Menu

What do I need to know about our relationship at the moment? 24.1.2.3 > 46

Amethyst11

visitor
Reaction score
Greetings! First time posting on this site, so thanks in advance to anyone who is able to give me some insights.!

A bit of a background on my relationship, we've been together for more than 8 year and our connection has always been extraordinary, we love each other deeply, but are both complicated human beings coming from dysfunctional familes.

4 years ago he broke up with me while going through some bad times, as he felt I deserve more than him being a mess all the time. Stayed apart for couple of months but eventually found our way back together, and stayed together ever since, even getting engaged a year after.

That's when it got hard, as my first feaction to a proposal was telling him I have to think about it, even though I said yes afterwards. The reason for thinking before saying yes was - we were never thinking about getting married, both agreeing from the start that we don't believe in the necessity of marriage to confirm our love for each other. I was in shock when he proposed, and he read that as me not loving and wanting him enough.

Then, year later, having moved to a new city and both starting new jobs, things got hard again as he started to let his frustrations take the best of him, waking up angry and resentful almost everyday and me being sad because I felt like there was nothing I could do to make him feel better.

Last spring, we both decided to break up and go our seperate ways. It was immensely hard for both of us, as we really do love each other but couldn't find a way to be patient and let go of some resentment that built up with time.

Then, in July last year, we started seeing each other again as we just couldn't stay away and kept coming back.

Fast forward to last weekend, after going out he dropped me home and said that's it, it's over for good. It seems he still feels as if I don't want life and kids with him, even though I really do, but no matter how many times I say it, he still resents me for thinking before sayin yes all those years ago.

He feels we've lost the opportunity we had, that it's too late now, being quite obsessed with what people around as think. I, on the other hand, feel we're each others 'forever person' and am not ready to give up.

So this morning I asked IChing 'What do I need to know about our relationship at the moment?', and got the reading '24.1.2.3 > 46'.It might be my wishful thinking, but I feel like there is hope if we just communicate and get it all out in the open and learn from our past and grow together as a team while building our thrust again.

I would really appreciate your thoughts as I am not so experienced wih interpreting IChing readings, or I'm missing some greater message because I read what I want to read, if you know what I mean.

Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to give you guys some background. Also, english is not my first language so sorry for any misspelling.Thank you!!

Last edited:

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Return to Your Own Path and Move On.
I see 24 as a guide for how to get things back on track after a 23. Splitting apart. The lines talk to me about the importance of honest communication and 24.6 seems to specifically warn that if a person is not truthful and sincere the apology will not lead to a true Return. In this case I think he is the one who was not honest and sincere because by returning the first time he was implying that he was over the whole incident, and yet here he is throwing it in your face again.
I also think the lines indicate he will regret his decision but I think you should assume it really is over between the two of you and (46) move forward on your own.

Furthermore, you should probably thank your lucky stars you didn’t accept his proposal way back then!

Amethyst11

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you for responding.. looking at my reading I now realise changing lines were 1, 2 and 3, and not 4, 5 and 6, I read that incorrectly. Does that change your thoughts on my reading... I do agree with you in a sense that he didn't forgive me even though he said he was ready to move on from past and focus on our future together..

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Oh right, it’s lines 123 that lead to 46. Well with their reference to repeated leaving and returning they certainly do seem to depict what’s been going on!

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Amethyst it is difficult for people to read large chunks of text like your first post.

There is a forum bug that stops people making paragraphs, however if you follow these step you can find a way around that click here

It is up to you of course but you might find you get more responses if the text is in paragraphs.

Amethyst11

visitor
Reaction score
Trojina, thank you, I edited my post finally and shortened it as I realise most people don't have time to read such a long post. I hope I get more responses too :)

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
He feels we've lost the opportunity we had, that it's too late now, being quite obsessed with what people around as think. I, on the other hand, feel we're each others 'forever person' and am not ready to give up.

So this morning I asked IChing 'What do I need to know about our relationship at the moment?', and got the reading '24.1.2.3 > 46'.It might be my wishful thinking, but I feel like there is hope if we just communicate and get it all out in the open and learn from our past and grow together as a team while building our thrust again.

Well here's line 3
Then, in July last year, we started seeing each other again as we just couldn't stay away and kept coming back.

If you are each other's forever person why not propose to him ? It seems your hesitation over his proposal really impacted on him - not to guilt trip you, I understand, but I see 46 as an urge to 'take the next step' which I think would be marriage.

Having said that he does sound depressed and somewhat manipulative
Fast forward to last weekend, after going out he dropped me home and said that's it, it's over for good. It seems he still feels as if I don't want life and kids with him, even though I really do, but no matter how many times I say it, he still resents me for thinking before sayin yes all those years ago.

I do lose patience with men who keep saying it's over for good and then keep coming back - it can turn into rather a cruel game, always threatening you with departure, leaving you on a knife edge so to speak and line 3 clearly shows there's danger in that for both of you.

I reckon he will be back because he always comes back by the sound of it but if he does these silly games of 'I'm going/never coming back' have to stop.

I think you should be quite firm with him because otherwise this could go back and forth for years. What doesn't last for years is the opportunity to have a family together so if that's what you both want then get married and do it.

I haven't said much about the reading but I do think the 46 shows it's time to move on - or rather regroup and return (24) and so move on take the next step.

He most definitely must not get into the habit of threatening to leave forever because it's emotionally cruel and exhausting. If he says it again then treat him like the toddler in the supermarket who says they won't move - and the parent says 'okay I'll go with out you' and walks off and invariably the toddler gets up dusts himself off and follows.

I have seen cases many times where the man keeps on threatening to leave or does leave then comes back over and over and it's such a harmful thing to do and selfish.

Amethyst11

visitor
Reaction score
Trojina, thank you so much, you really captured my thoughts on this matter perfectly!

I did think about proposing to him, but seeing as how things are at the moment, I feel it's best to give us both the space we need right now, especially him.

He is stressed and kind of depressed, or at least I believe he is, and I am trying my best giving him time to put things into perspective.

I am turning my energy inwards and focusing on being kind and patient towards myself because I have some autodestructive behaviour patterns that I am trying to break free from.

By doing so, I am also in a way preparing myself for the future, either with or without him, and finding m strenght again.

I will update you on the situation no matter how it goes.

Amethyst11

visitor
Reaction score
Trojina, thank you so much, you really captured my thoughts on this matter perfectly!

I did think about proposing to him, but seeing as how things are at the moment, I feel it's best to give us both the space we need right now, especially him.

He is stressed and kind of depressed, or at least I believe he is, and I am trying my best giving him time to put things into perspective.

I am turning my energy inwards and focusing on being kind and patient towards myself because I have some autodestructive behaviour patterns that I am trying to break free from.

By doing so, I am also in a way preparing myself for the future, either with or without him, and finding m strenght again.

I will update you on the situation no matter how it goes.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).