...life can be translucent

Menu

Hexagram 47 and not being believed

moksha_

visitor
Reaction score
So being in a hexagram 47 situation, your words are not believed. Has anybody who has ever dealt with this situation, thought about saying the opposite of the words you want others to believe in?

Currently I'm dealing very much with a situation like this.

For example, if you say to someone that you like, "I don't like you." Will they believe you? Assuming the whole situation is hex 47 based. Would instead, the person believe that you actually like them?

Has anybody ever done something like that when 47 shows up in their consultation? Especially if it's a relating hexagram, or an unchanging one. How did it turn out?

H

hmesker

So being in a hexagram 47 situation, your words are not believed.
'Your words are not believed' is probably not the best translation of 有言不信:

言不信 are insincere words coming to you instead of being spoken by you. This is obvious in 43-4 where it says 聞言不信, ‘hear words that are not sincere’, but it could also fit the Judgment of hexagram 47, where we have 有言不信: ‘there are words that are not sincere’. But the examples given also show that 不信 applies to the words instead of the person: the words themselves are not sincere, it is not that the listener does not believe them. We have an insincere speaker here, instead of an unbelieving listener.
(www.yjcn.nl/wp/more-than-words/)

In other words, it is not you that is not believed - it is others that are not believed by you.

moksha_

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Almost did something I might have regretted, haha.

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
Things suck in 47.
Or they are just exhausted.
You have to go through it, until you are out of it.

No, magical reverse psychology on the other person (probably) won't help.

Is this about wooing someone?
Maybe it should be in shared readings?

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).