...life can be translucent

Menu

I'll surrender, but give me a reason why 18.6 > 46

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
Hi, I think you may have received 18.6 because you want to do work that is more meaningful (higher purpose) to you, instead of just working for a paycheck. (or some useless prince or useless noble)

If this is true, that would mean that you need to identify what is more meaningful to you, and work towards it.
Yi can help with finding such a direction.

I suppose it would be natural for you to wonder,
"but the reading doesn't fit with my actual question!"
and while this is true, remember that sometimes Yi gives advice about the situation that we need to hear. (almost ignoring our specific question, but addressing the situation/problem.)

Last edited:

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know if it's the right place for a casting of mine, but I think it fits with your introduction, Mr Elk.

I got this line last year when asking about how I was being perceived by the other interns, and particularly why I wasn't able to fit into the group.
At the time I thought Yi's answer was plain and direct: I was to pay no notice to them, I was probably in there for other reasons. I didn't ask on that particular occasion what it was that it was more meaningful to me.

I got this line again today asking about selling or giving away most of my stuff and literally get rid of things (furniture in particularly) which are making me feel stuck. I feel I am much more productive if I have nothing of me around me (like in a library). Also, when you just have a suitcase with the basics you can just move anywhere in one week, any room would do. You can even fit into the changing room of a working theatre. You have a few things, the ones you have to concentrate on at the moment. And you do that. You carry out things instead of spending months to find a place for everything I own.
So I asked about getting rid of things and moving the important stuff home to Mother's so as to be free to stay there or jump again into another direction.
Yi answered again with 18.6. But this time I asked, What is my highest business? 44un.
That is a rather strange answer and I don't know if Yi answered me with 18.6 or if it's just a situation I have to hear. Nevertheless I tend to think the idea of packing everything up is not that good at the moment. As if that was not what I have to deal with at the moment.

Would love to know your ideas at a first glance about that.

🍵

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Oh sorry, I hadn't noticed this was somebody else's thread.
I thought it had been opened by Mr Elk.

It did sound a bit weird his warning us all about getting this line and no one responding.
Well never mind, it took me ages to write the post, I shall leave it for future memory and maybe update it in 10 years.

grace heart

visitor
Reaction score
I don't know if it's the right place for a casting of mine, but I think it fits with your introduction, Mr Elk.

I got this line last year when asking about how I was being perceived by the other interns, and particularly why I wasn't able to fit into the group.
At the time I thought Yi's answer was plain and direct: I was to pay no notice to them, I was probably in there for other reasons. I didn't ask on that particular occasion what it was that it was more meaningful to me.

I got this line again today asking about selling or giving away most of my stuff and literally get rid of things (furniture in particularly) which are making me feel stuck. I feel I am much more productive if I have nothing of me around me (like in a library). Also, when you just have a suitcase with the basics you can just move anywhere in one week, any room would do. You can even fit into the changing room of a working theatre. You have a few things, the ones you have to concentrate on at the moment. And you do that. You carry out things instead of spending months to find a place for everything I own.
So I asked about getting rid of things and moving the important stuff home to Mother's so as to be free to stay there or jump again into another direction.
Yi answered again with 18.6. But this time I asked, What is my highest business? 44un.
That is a rather strange answer and I don't know if Yi answered me with 18.6 or if it's just a situation I have to hear. Nevertheless I tend to think the idea of packing everything up is not that good at the moment. As if that was not what I have to deal with at the moment.

Would love to know your ideas at a first glance about that.

🍵
What did you do in the end, Olga?
I’ve been lurking on the brink of change for the longest time because it would demand that I leave “everything” (things and the rented apartment that’s been my home for the last 5 years) behind, so stumbling upon your post seems significant.

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Well I still have my apartment.. I have decided to keep it for the moment although I haven't spent much time there last year. Hopefully I will go back and resume my job. We'll see. If things don't change by September, I might as well leave it.
I got rid of a lot of things so I am lighter but it still is a home with lots of stuff.

I guess the line indicated it wasn't to be my main concern at the time.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).