...life can be translucent

Menu

I Ching "small talk"...

kb9wfq

visitor
Reaction score
Do you ever find yourself thinking “It’s been a while since I consulted the I Ching. I reckon I ought to, just because it’s been so long”?

Last time I interacted with it was several months ago, and it strikes me that I might be overdue for a “check up.”

Any of y’all ever get that same impression?

My own normal practice of consulting the I Ching is to only use it when something has me genuinely stonkered. Things have been remarkably clear and unambiguous lately, so I wasn’t keen to “bother it with trifles.” But it’s been some time, and I think there may be benefit to just asking it “How’s it going?” or something to that effect.

And yes, I know I shouldn’t anthropomorphize the book, because it hates when we do that :D

gvi

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
I find there's a quite distinct itch that says 'consult', whether or not I have a question. Is that what you're feeling?

A good question-without-a-question is, 'What to be aware of?' More or less inviting Yi to ask you a question, for a change.

...And yes, I know I shouldn’t anthropomorphize the book, because it hates when we do that :D
:rofl:

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
By the way, you've posted in the 'off topic' corner of the forum. I'll just move this over to 'Exploring Divination'.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).