...life can be translucent

Menu

Death of a close, old friend

thisismybody

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I just found out my friend Diego died, a few days ago, on his birthday. Circumstances aren’t clear. I had a strange and unnerving talk with him through fb messenger about a month or so ago. He said he was numb and wasn’t making sense. We talked about God. He struggled with feeling guilt and felt he couldn’t find his faith. He said the book “Conversations With God” f@$ked him up.

Anyway, I sensed he was spiraling, but what could I do?

I hear him saying, “I’m ok, dude.” And I see him smiling.

Q: Diego?
Yi: 60.5>19
‘Sweet measures, good fortune.
Going on brings honour.’

He’s happy? What he said is true?

Somehow I sense this is a poetic and appropriate response. Like he’s experiencing sweet measures. He questioned my spiritual outlook a lot that night, but said he wished he had it. He said it’s like I know something he doesn’t. I feel like he now knows.

Could it be his life was sweetly articulated and it was time to go? Why do I feel like it was?

Just felt like sharing Yi’s interesting response about a friend who died. Sweet measures.

Melissa

marybluesky

visitor
Reaction score
Hello, and sorry for your friend's loss...

Diego? 60.5>19

Hexagram 60 is called Measurement: "Liu: Water above the lake symbolizes Limitation. The superior man devises number and measure, and measures conduct and virtue."He's been looking for the right way.
This hexagram is also called Limitation- maybe it refers to his limited time in this world?60.5: "Legge: Line five, dynamic, shows its subject sweetly and acceptably enacting his regulations."
I think he's been content with the fact the our lifetime is limited, and his time was over.
"Liu: Sweet limitation. Good fortune. Undertakings bring honor."
And he was nobly ready for the big undertaking, as the last step of life Approached (19).

thisismybody

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
“This hexagram is also called Limitation- maybe it refers to his limited time in this world?60.5: "Legge: Line five, dynamic, shows its subject sweetly and acceptably enacting his regulations."
I think he's been content with the fact the our lifetime is limited, and his time was over.
"Liu: Sweet limitation. Good fortune. Undertakings bring honor."
And he was nobly ready for the big undertaking, as the last step of life Approached (19).”

Limited life...I didn’t think of that, but it makes sense, especially given our last conversation.

Thank you for this, Mary. 🙂

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
So sorry for your loss.

I note how 19 does suggest a feeling of preparation for the next incarnation - like a life review where after 18 and fixing all the misunderstandings from the last life, the teacher says “okay, now what did we learn from that? And don’t jump to start your next life too quickly and make all the same mistakes again.”

Also thinking 60.5 represents understanding and accepting the limits of life but 17saying “oh but it ended all too soon.”

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
I meant 19. (not 17) Saying the last life ended too soon. Like the song lyric, “our good times are all gone and I’m bound for moving on, I’ll look for you if I’m ever. Back this way..”

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).