...life can be translucent

Menu

17.5 > 51 on silence

L

laperdida

"How should I interpret his silence?"

17.5 > 51

Regarding a situation that, by all appearances, was developing very well, and now ... silence for 2 days.

I suppose 51 could represent my surprise/confusion/sadness at the turn in events? But 17.5 has me perplexed. Because it sounds so positive when I'm feeling quite the opposite actually 😅

Thank you ~ Any thoughts would.be very appreciated! I sense there's important advice in the line that I'm just not understanding (or too emotional right now to accept) :confused:

Surfergirl

visitor
Reaction score
I think if this were my reading I’d interpret it to mean 17.5 he’s following what feels right for him. I am still a novice so take it in that light. But I have found 17 to be the impulse to follow or not. Line 5 is the king . He follows no one. Others follow him. If I asked how to interpret his silence I’d take it as he’s doing what feels right for him. Which could be a million things: he’s busy, he doesn’t feel like reaching out etc and he’s doing that in good conscience because line 5 is also about sincerity.

L

laperdida

Thank you, Chelsea! After taking some time to clear my head, I've come to a similar conclusion. It's still very early days, so he has no obligation toward me, (or vice versa). He's only been kind to me thus far, so I shouldn't jump to conclusions or automatically assume the worst. He's just not ready to include into his daily life quite yet. My instincts tell me he is worth being patient for and putting a little in trust in. Hopefully I'm not setting myself up for more heart ache ��

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
I wonder if something has come up for him unexpectedly (51) and he has had to put his total attention on it (17.5)? Or maybe he would just be surprised to learn you were expecting to hear from him every day.

17.5 may also be advice for how you should be at this time. Don't put more energy into this situation, don't assume the silence is any reflection on your friendship, just assume he's doing things that need to be done that don't involve you and you should put your attention on the things calling to you that need doing that don't involve him. Once you get yourself totally emersed in what you should be doing, cleaning out the closets, chatting with your girlfriends, whatever is the highest and best use of your focus (17.5), you will probably get a surprise (51) phone call.

Let us know! I am particularly curious as to how 51 as the resulting hexagram plays out for you.

L

laperdida

Thank you, Rosada! Those are also very likely interpretations! I will try to update if there is any movement. Hopefully a happy update and not me back crying to you about how he did me wrong �� I ching aside, your advice is still spot on. I have to follow my own life, not just his. I don't even need someone to call me everyday, to be honest. I think I'm just feeling particularly lonely eight now, being new to the area and not having friends or family nearby. He, on the other hand, has a full life here. Plus, I tend to think the best relationships grow slowly and steadily.

L

laperdida

Quick update to say there is no update: he continues to ignore me. I suspect he realized that he was (unintentionally?) leading me on and is now overcorrecting. So the reading reflects (as you both noted) that he is just doing what he sincerely feels is right, even though it's left me a little surprised (51). c'est la vie

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Rats.
This does give an insight into the meaning of 51 as the relating hexagram. The Image says “The superior man sets his life in order” so I think you were right - he realized he was getting off track, possibly leading you on and thus he had to make this abrupt shift to get things in right order. Interesting the judgement mention one who does not get rattled or drop the spoon - seems to suggest someone who’s life is so in order that they are not effected by these changes. Your c’est la vie comment seems to confirm you’ve got your bearings straight!

L

laperdida

Ha, well, "life in order" may be stretching it a bit! But l like to think I'm pretty resilient. :) Thanks again for sharing your thoughts.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).