...life can be translucent

Menu

What to do about it? 30 unchanging

vikk

visitor
Reaction score
I asked what should I do about us having a baby? And received 30 unchanging.

I want to have a kid but late experience (late abortion due to baby’s birth defect after years of trying) made me discouraged.

What should I do? Have a baby, not have a baby? What dies this hexagram day?

D

diamanda

30 is about looking after what you've got, what exists. Look after your own health, and look after your relationship. And another thought - an already existing creature, how about adopting?

marybluesky

visitor
Reaction score
Hello!

Hexagram 30: "Liu: Fire. It is of benefit to continue. Success. To take care of the cow leads to good fortune."
Try to have a clear vision of your situation regarding having a baby (physically, psychologically, etc) and persevere.

Good Luck!

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Vikk,

I don't know what to make of your reading as an answer about this (but I'm sorry you're having such trouble). I wonder if a few links might give you more to mull over?

Have you seen the essay Hilary wrote about hexagram 30?

Here is a thread where forum members have contributed their experiences with 30 unchanging.

And it's always good to read what LiSe has to say: main hexagram 30 page; further research (the hexagram 30 part is towards the bottom); another page.

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if there's anything in the "raise / care for female cattle" part of 30 that - sorry - could refer to you? You are, after all, the female in question.

And "Clarity" as shedding light on, illuminating... since you've been trying to have a baby for years, I'm sure you've had various medical exams and whatnot?

I find unchanging readings to be confusing sometimes. Sometimes they're really simple, but sometimes I'm quite mystified by them. (That might just be me, other people don't seem to have much trouble. :eek:uch:)

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Previous threads give more of an idea of the trauma that preceded this question

I asked what should I do about us having a baby? And received 30 unchanging.

I want to have a kid but late experience (late abortion due to baby’s birth defect after years of trying) made me discouraged.

What should I do? Have a baby, not have a baby? What dies this hexagram day?

Well very simply this might be saying you already know the answer to this question quite well, you have clarity, you aren't floundering in the dark not knowing what's next. This isn't 29 though 29 is the other side of the coin, the pair. So whilst you might feel as if you are in the dark Yi is saying actually you aren't, you have a pretty clear view of all the factors involved, which we don't know but you do. The nuclear hexagram is 28, perhaps this clear vision pushes you one way or the other quite naturally.

It is very often the case we think we don't know when we do.

Also I think someone, possibly Rosada, said (in the 30uc thread ?) 30uc can mean 'it depends'. This isn't entirely your decision nature has it's role to play too, various factors need to depend reliably on each other for the foetus to grow etc etc You are only too aware of this having recently gone through significant trauma of loss of previous baby. It's as if this trauma hasn't obscured your view but clarified it. You are very aware of the dependence of things. Because of this I think whatever you decide now it will be the right decision for you. I think you can trust yourself now.

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, sorry, Vikk, I haven't read any of your other threads (so I'm in the dark myself...).

vikk

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you all very much for the help in the interpretation of this reading.

As I am reading more and more about the hexagram, I see more and more of the following. The path is cleared now, you can get your bird in your nest (baby in your home). Just take care of yourself (go to shrink, continue eating well, take vitamins) and it will be fine. My grandmother’s son (my uncle) died at 40. My mother’s son (my brother) died at 33. My son died not even being born. Is it a family curse? At least I console myself with the fact that I never met my baby, I just felt him, felt him move inside my belly. I guess thanks God that he went that way.

I also have all these thoughts of letting the idea of a child go. I don’t want it - no baby, no husband, no career. All I feel like doing is laying in bed with the face buried in a pillow. I tried to have a family, it didn’t work out, I don’t want it anymore. I’m spent. I can’t possibly go through another situation like this. At this point I feel that I am not destined to have a healthy baby, for some reason Universe decided that I’m going to be that person. So I want to be alone. Completely alone, just me, myself and I. Is this a clear vision 30 is talking about? Or is it ptsd talking? Who knows....

My husband wants to do artificial insemination, but I don’t want to push. It didn’t happen naturally, why to push against nature?

So where where I’m at.

Again, thank you all for your input!!! I truly appreciate it!!!

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I still haven't read the rest of your threads, but reading what you just said, I wonder if 30 might mean to wait until the light comes out again? Right now you seem so much in the middle of 29, 30's inverse. Maybe it's not a good time to make any big decisions?

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).