...life can be translucent

Menu

Using Yi for map locations

T

The9thSpade

So, I'm wondering if any of you know of a resource that helps you to decipher placement on a globe, or map, say ... I have asked Yi about locations in the past, and it's been remarkably accurate, of course. My husband's work makes moving house and home with very short notice an inevitability so, I find that it comes in handy, but I was wondering if there was anyone who wrote a book on this or if there is a website devoted to it at all. I would also like to know if anyone else uses it for this purpose. Hope y'all are having a wonderful mid-week.

mandarin_23

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
This is very interesting indeed!

There is such a System in astrology, Munchner Rhythmenlehre, however, it's a subtile System and probably all in German. The astrologer who found it was Wolfgang Doebereiner. He edited astrological maps and a computer system where you can type in places and find out how they fit.

F

Freedda

So, I'm wondering if any of you know of a resource that helps you to decipher placement on a globe, or map ... I have asked Yi about locations in the past, and it's been remarkably accurate .... My husband's work makes moving house and home with very short notice an inevitability so, I find that it comes in handy ....
Hello 9th Spade. I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. Is it about how to get help in finding a good place to move when your husband's work requires a quick move? Or, similarly, asking about pinpointing a place on a map that might be the best place to move to because of husband's work? ... and would the Yi help with any of these? Or ... are you asking something else?

Best, D.

T

The9thSpade

Thank you, but I was hoping for Yi specific information.

Also, in English, its known as The Munich Rhythm Theory, and it's pretty well known. There's books in English about it, too, although I'm not sure it tells of direction of an individuals migration so much as that they will be moving during that particular time period... although, I'm sure a much more refined astrological eye, such as Herr Doebereiner's, could suss it out.

mandarin_23

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Munich Rhythm Theory, as far as I know, wouldn't make predictions such as: you will go there and there. This is your own decision. It would tell you times in your life in which you are more likely to move, and would help you to decide where to go, if there is a choice.

However, I remember that Wolfgang Doebereiner once wrote that he was able to find a missed person. And that he was able to predict the weather … anyway.

If you find Yi specific Information, please share!

Gmulii

visitor
Reaction score
Taking a brake from some of the other forums, so decided to check how is stuff going on here. : )

Locations... Directly with Yi Jing/I Ching - sure, you can with the Lo Shu Trigram placement...

There is much more to it, though, and yea there are many books as well in the east.

Using Yi Jing/I Ching with environment is called Feng Shui( 風水Wind/Water) in Asia.
Its a study of the way the Qi moves and changes with time when connected to the environment.
Some of the modern systems like the Xuan Kong San Yuan systems there, are more suited for urban living in my view and are just a few centuries old.

There are other systems that can be used for that, everything there from acupuncture and palm reading, to face reading and Yi Jing/I Ching(or we can view it as part of the study of changes) is interlinked and many systems can show a direction or a place as the properties/images have directional component as well.

For example if we look at how a Chinese masters would read a Qi Men Dun Jia map(that is legendary warfare system there used a lot for business consulting in present days), they scale it, so it can show a place on the globe, a place in a city or a place in the room they are in. And often its done in the same reading, making it very impressive to read/see.
And since QMDJ map palaces are just the Lou Shu configuration of the Trigrams(
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lo_Shu_Square) we can also use it with the Trigrams even by itself, although with loss of some details.

In that sense, there are countless books on that, of course, mostly in Chinese. In English there are also many books on that, but it needs some attention to figure out what is the actual Feng Shui systems and what is simplified too much or just western interior decorating+ positive thinking. But now we have the most classic Feng Shui text translated in different places in English and more then one good Feng Shui school out there, so it can be worth checking into if that part is of interest..

This is awesome basic book for Feng Shui. But its very much just a basic material, as in China Feng Shui has been developed for a very long time, so can't cover most important stuff in a book. In that sense in here it doesn't cover Flying Star or XKDG, or even the use of Lo Pan(compass) with any of the schools in enough detail), but good for the basic ideas as well.
https://www.amazon.com/KISS-Guide-Feng-Shui-Simple/dp/0789481472

After that any book for Flying Star should be helpful for the basis of the system and after that the books and translations by Hung Hin Cheong have been priceless for the Feng Shui community on the west.

All of these are vast topics and even if I wanted can't really go into details for each one of them as it will take too long. The most familiar system to the way Yi Jing i spracticed in the west would probably be XKDG. As it has each Hexagram as 5 degree range of the compass(Lo Pan) and then each changing line a little below 1 degree, so each Hexagram and situation we can see as very exact location with the compass. But the system is much more extensive then that, as the important part then is the flow that is created from one hexagram to another supported by its changing lines.

If there is something of there you want to know more about feel free to ask. All is available in English now, although some of it may be expensive(like QMDJ books/courses) and much of it will require to be familiar with the Yin/Yang, Five Elements, Stems Branches and Trigrams/Hexagrams.

T

The9thSpade

You, Gmulii, are just incredible. Thank you.

I have only been studying Yi for the past 7 years, but am very aware of Feng Shui being used for auspicious placement of buildings , et, I just didn't realize that it was The Thing I was looking for...

Thank you so much for answering. You've opened a whole new knowledge hole for me to fall into for the next leg of my life's journey.

Funny thing, well funny synchronicity, I got into Yi because I started reading into Feng Shui. I put it down for several years due to other knowledge pursuits, up until just last week, actually, when I was considering placement of my next house (which we're moving to next week, actually, with just shy of three weeks notice.)

I said to myself just yesterday, "I really liked Feng Shui, I'm not sure why I didn't get more into it, but I really need to start looking into it again after we move." It occured to me today to look at this post, and check whether there were any replies so, yours was not only helpful, but spectacularly synchronous.

Thank you, again. As soon as I get settled on the other side of the world, I'll buy that book you recommended. I'm also going to message you after I receive it. I'd love to talk to you more about it.

Wow, this went a lot longer than initially intended. Haha.

Gmulii

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks. : )
It was the other way around for me. I knew some Yi Jing and Qi Gong(internal alchemy), but didn't knew much more. Then one day me and someone very close to me got sick at the same time and I knew enough to figure out both were connected to the metal element and we knew it was from the house...

So I started learning Feng Shui and it all fit into place, although it took a while before I knew how to fix it and by then, it was already too late... Its a very long story, but yea, Feng Shui can be very useful.

Feel free to ask questions when / if you have them and sadly one of the very big forums for Feng Shui in English(wofs) closed a year ago, but we still have some awesome Five Arts forums around. Very good for learning as some classical translations can only be seen there in English.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).