...life can be translucent

Menu

14.1.2.4.5>53 When should I hand in my notice?

Music-Man

visitor
Reaction score
I've decided that I want to quit my job soon and asked the I Ching when I should hand in my notice. I wonder if anyone can enlighten me on the answers the two hexagrams provided?

Music-Man

visitor
Reaction score
Ps: This is linked with a house move to another town. House is currently up for sale but not sold yet. I also have another job lined up.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
I read these lines as advising not to say anything until your house is sold.
14.1 It’s a bit premature to bring up your intention...
14.2 to move..
14.4 so don’t say anything for now..
14.5 Good fortune - your house selling?

Music-Man

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks rosada. I'll take that advice! If anyone else would like to add their interpretation, please feel free.

B

becalm

I'm with Rosada - Hexagram 53 take your time and wait until you are in Possession Hexagram 14 - potentially the house being bought and you're in Possession of the sale going through.....that sort of thing - when all your 'ducks are lined up'

Music-Man

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks becalm. Do you mean when I have accepted an offer (and the sale is going through) or do you mean when contracts are exchanged (actual legal possession)?

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I've decided that I want to quit my job soon and asked the I Ching when I should hand in my notice. I wonder if anyone can enlighten me on the answers the two hexagrams provided?

Lucky guy this is an older thread but I don't think this cast says wait. I mean look at 14.2 does that say wait ?

53 is not your future, it's the context. You have built a reputation up slowly and you are possessed of wealth, you are valued (14)

I'm in no position to tell you when you quit your job I just don't see this reading as 'not yet' - but always use your common sense and gut instinct because it's your livelihood we are talking about.

Music-Man

visitor
Reaction score
I think the furtive context you mentioned is a reflection that it's best not to say anything until I've made actually made my decision and I'm sure. For at the moment I've not told the agency of my intention to leave nor that I have my place up for sale. It could also mean that once I have left, company X may ask me to do work for them in the 6 month break clause period when I shouldn't. This would pose a risk of being caught. That seems to fit with what's been happening since June.

Music-Man

visitor
Reaction score
Could it also mean it's better (as soon as I'm ready) to show my hand and be honest. Stealth really isn't something I am comfortable with?

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Could it also mean it's better (as soon as I'm ready) to show my hand and be honest. Stealth really isn't something I am comfortable with?

Yes, I think it possibly could mean that.

Music-Man

visitor
Reaction score
So I spent the whole weekend trying to listen and learn from the help given by members in this forum, as well as reading from my books (Denning, Benson, Karcher and Wilhelm). In addition my thanks in great measure go out to Trojina, becalm, rosada, radiofreewill, liquidity, Liselle. It's amazing how the various translations have made my think long, deep and hard.

It's clear to me where I am heading. There's a promise of success (even better success) but I have to await the right moment. I'm almost there but not quite. My plans are in place and when I'm ready I'll execute them. Waiting a bit longer, for the right sign and not rushing (being premature) is a good thing. It might even bring me a buyer and allow me to clarify things with company X.

So I've decided (as a holiday break is a few weeks away) to stick with the agency 'till then and (unless something before then comes up to say 'NOW'), use those weeks to prepare. With the intention of letting the agency know that I've got my place on the market when I come back.

Music-Man

visitor
Reaction score
So I spent the whole weekend trying to listen and learn from the help given by members in this forum, as well as reading from my books (Denning, Benson, Karcher and Wilhelm). In addition my thanks in great measure go out to Trojina, becalm, rosada, radiofreewill, liquidity, Liselle. It's amazing how the various translations have made my think long, deep and hard.

It's clear to me where I am heading. There's a promise of success (even better success) but I have to await the right moment. I'm almost there but not quite. My plans are in place and when I'm ready I'll execute them. Waiting a bit longer, for the right sign and not rushing (being premature) is a good thing. It might even bring me a buyer and allow me to clarify things with company X.

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
So I've decided (as a holiday break is a few weeks away) to stick with the agency 'till then and (unless something before then comes up to say 'NOW'), use those weeks to prepare. With the intention of letting the agency know that I've got my place on the market when I come back.
Hallo Music Man 🎶🎵

what happened? Did you find a big lorry to carry loads?

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).