...life can be translucent

Menu

Sudden loss of work 24.1.2.3. > 18

Music-Man

visitor
Reaction score
I'm experiencing a sudden drop in income (I'm self-employed) and asked the IChing to comment on the lack of work. I wonder if anyone would be kind enough interpret these readings for me? I got 24.1.2.3.6 > 18.

radiofreewill

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi LuckyGuy,

There's a big difference between:

24.1.2.3 to 46

and

24.1.2.3.6 to 18

Can you clarify your toss, please?

Thanks!

Music-Man

visitor
Reaction score
Sorry for the typos - just to clarify that I got 24,one,two,three,six and the second hexagram eighteen.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
I think you are being advised to step back, Return to what feels comfortable and familiar and not make big commitments till you feel a bit less stressed.

24.1 Return to normal - probably cause you've been freaked by the news and need to get steady.
24.2 Return to what is the socially accepted way of doing things - were you trying to do something a bit too ahead of it's time?
24.3 You are uncertain which way to turn at the moment..
24.6 So don't do anything too extreme.

18. Time to clean house, get re-inspired.

I see 24 as a time for intense soul searching. It's a time for being absolutely clear about how you may have gotten off the track and for accepting responsibility for how you created this situation even though on the surface it may appear you were not responsible at all. 24.6 particularly highlights the hazards of not doing this and the importance of being honest, making amends, etc. which leads to 25. Innocence.. Thus 24. is a Return to 25.Innocence.

So I'm wondering if you have any unpaid bills or unkept promises? They may not even have anything to do with your work but the hexagrams suggest bringing commitments up to date before more is made available. It could be something very minor. Is there a book due back to the library?

Burn green candles for strengthening awareness of financial opportunities.

Music-Man

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks rosada. It's a hard one this because the loss of income is kind of important to a job move and house move that I have planned. Until that time a promise was made to keep my work up (not from my agency but the company I do all my work with thru the agency) but a new boss has arrived limiting (my guess) the ability of the person (senior manager) who made the promise to fulfil it. In lieu of the agency being able to fill the shortage (because I think they have lost some big clients this year) I had relied on the promise but have not benefited thus far from it. I already have a mortgage in principle and a plan to move home and work directly for the company mentioned but await a buyer. That could relate to doing something a head of it's time. So maybe I just have to be patient and wait a bit longer for all of this to pan out. I don't think I'm at all to blame here, except maybe it's saying you should have gone with your plan sooner? Further thoughts are surely welcome.

radiofreewill

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
"Why the sudden loss of income?"
24.1.2.3.6 to 18 ~ The new boss is poisoning your plan.

From Liu Ming's "Changing Zhouyi":

24. Fu ~ Return
Supreme blessing: going to and fro, no affliction ~ Friends come ~ nothing inauspicious ~ Following one's Dao ~ in seven days there is a return ~ Favorable for going forward

Image:
Fu is about the cycles of time and the inevitable return of all things to their origin. Every move forward contains a move backward (to and fro). Fu is the promise that in retracing our steps we will be brought home.

Fu is the guaranteed return of spring after winter and the light of sunrise (yang) after the darkness (yin) of night. Recognizing and following these circular patterns we experience the ease of a smooth and harmonious life.​

Auspices:
Short-term plans succeed in the context of a broad view. Things are turning for the better. Routine work comes to fruition. It is favorable to have a clear goal before setting out.

Good for remarriage, retirement, routine travel, vacations, and reunions.

Bad for being innovative, ambitious, and pressing ahead.

Comment:
According to Fu, human happiness is easily found close to home (family and friends) in the simple, small, ordinary tasks of life. The great wisdom of life is found in the plain and routine details of everyday life. If we observe the natural cycle of things, like the seasons of the year, we can be calm and clear. With clarity and equanimity we can see that things naturally go up and down, back and forth ~ change by themselves. All journeys are circles within circles.

Other Correspondences:
Business: Long-term investments, new businesses, review of business plans​

Disharmonies: Nervous disorders, injuries, herpes, vomiting, and intestinal spasm.​

Prognosis: Good. The patient needs to resume an abandoned personal healthcare regime and/or finish an incomplete series of medical treatments.​

Line 1 ~ Returning before going too far. No regret. It is most auspicious.

You have slightly overextended yourself, but stopped in time to avoid mishap. It is easy to return home (family resources). Turning back avoids feelings of failure or regret.​

Line 2 ~ Return contented. Auspicious.

Good fortune arises from a careful and timely return. As you advance you adjust your strategy, keeping the goal of return in mind. With this broad, but cautious overview, you make satisfactory progress.​

Line 3 ~ Returning from the brink. Danger. No misfortune.

Turning back is a matter of survival; nothing is lost. You go to the brink and get turned back. Luckily, risk does not bring misfortune.

Line 6 ~ Reversal. Disaster. Battles lost. Princes dethroned. No recovery for ten years.

Return, in this case is a complete reversal. From time to time, even great and established structures are naturally upended. Stability is destroyed. In this case, everything is lost. There is humiliation and confusion because you hang on too long to a situation (or relationship) that has ended (dead). Recovery will take a very long time.​

18. Gu ~ Contamination
Crossing the great river ~ Before jia three days ~ after jia three days

Image:
Gu has a many faceted meaning. Gu refers to a curse or the negative influence (curse) of an unsettled ancestral spirit (ghost) and its calling out for resolution. The traditional resolution includes divination and an exorcistic ritual on an astrologically auspicious day.

Gu also refers to offending one's ancestors by mistakenly placing inappropriate, contaminated or rotten food offerings on an ancestral altar.

Comment:
...The ancestral cause described in Gu is an interfering ghost or a genetically inherited illness. For modern people, this hexagram denotes a difficult situation whose cause is unknown. We seem blocked or ill for no reason. Such rational thinking gives the situation a sense of injustice.

In some cases, Gu can be cleared by decisive action or medical treatment. In removing contamination, however, thoroughness is of utmost importance.

In some cases (top line statement), the debt is too heavy and all is lost.​

So, my read is for you to ponder your situation with an eye towards evaluating the influence of the new boss: if he's bad news in the broad view, then get out sooner rather than later ~ don't hang-on too long?

And, consider going to a spirit medium for a cleansing ritual on the next full moon ~ July 16th?

I hope this helps!

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I'm experiencing a sudden drop in income (I'm self-employed) and asked the IChing to comment on the lack of work. I wonder if anyone would be kind enough interpret these readings for me? I got 24.1.2.3.6 > 18.

There is nothing in this reading that advises patience ! Don't be patient !

By the time one gets to line 6 it is far to late to rectify things. The whole reading is about rectifying things that have decayed/gone wrong that's the 18.

So to me this looks like a hell for leather struggle to get back on track because you do not want to end up at 24.6 where things are so far gone you cannot rectify them.

Now generally 24 is not a 'hell for leather' kind of an answer but line 6 is an extreme - it's the point of no return. Because you have other lines before that I'm thinking you can salvage this if you persist and tackle things while there is still time.

Maybe at first there's no big problem, you start to try to rectify things but by line 3 you lose impetus. If there is someone not paying you enough, going back on promises then call those promises in right now, do not be patient, there is much work to be done in rectifying this situation.

I think if you do line 3, if you only put intermittent effort in you could end up at line 6.

I don't know how this fits but I think if you sit back and be patient you stand to get to the point of no return.

Change patterns are 26 and 45. gather yourself up, do something..

Music-Man

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks radio and Trojina. Both your views marry with my own thoughts and for me it's a question of having to take action. The loss of income is because of cost cuts but there's a promise that if I left the agency I would get that work back again by working directly for the company I mentioned. Mainly because the agency fees are high and I could provide the same service cheaper - and at the same time work less and earn more because they want to get rid of the agency. In truth I have already recognised the danger by putting my property up for sale. The move would also cut my mortgage by 70%. there is also a clause in my contract that says I can't work for the agency's clients for six months after I leave, so I have chosen a time period where work is usually slow, knowing that I have the funds to ride this period out before working direct. In many ways both your interpretations reinforce what I already know. And given what has been said I had planned to hand in my notice. I'm not sure if I should do that asap, or wait 'till my planned time which is in three weeks, as maybe it's best to earn what money I can between now and then with the hope that someone will make an offer on my place and then things will be in a safer place for me.

As you say, I think this is my gathering up and doing something. In any case, I do believe that if I stick with the agency, they will eventually run out of work to give me, so feel I need to begin the transition before it gets too late. Bear in mind I'm trying to do two things at once here, (moving home and moving job) so I have been very cautious. But if you are right, then I need to do something, otherwise it may be too late.

Music-Man

visitor
Reaction score
One final thought.. Should I lower my asking price, in order to get more viewings and hopefully speed up a potential sale? My place has been on for 5 weeks and only 3 viewings. The agents say it's because of Brexit uncertainty.

Last edited:

radiofreewill

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure this is over-simplifying things, but it looks like your worst-case scenario ~ line 6 ~ about which Trojina is cautioning ~ would look something like this:

1) The Company severs relations with the Agency
2) The New Boss at the Company invalidates the Promise made previously by the Senior Manager, and
3) Your house doesn't sell

If the cards fell that way, then I'm guessing that that would likely be a disaster for your plans, to say the least?

And, you know, isn't it just when you are feeling a bit too far out on a limb for comfort...

...that a demon with a grin, and a chainsaw, shows-up?

The image for Gu (18) suggests that further divination and consultation will help resolve your situation?

Since the stakes are potentially high, this seems like a good case, imho, to take to Hilary for a private reading, if she's available?

In the meantime, you can hedge your risk by having a conversation with the Senior Manager and assessing the status of items 1 and 2, above...and toss again on the possible benefit of lowering the price on your house?

Your situation seems serious, but manageable, for the moment ~ thanks for supplying the context with your toss!

All Best

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Further thoughts-

Current events have left you disoriented, uncertain what direction to follow. So the first thing for you to do is Return to your own inner sense of being. Stabilize, breathe in the air with the awareness that every breath is coded with the vibration, the information you need right now.

Music-Man

visitor
Reaction score
I also took another reading asking What will happen if I left the agency and worked for x and got 9.1.2.3.4.5 > 35. I have started a new post on these.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).