liquidity

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Trying to advertise an event/service.

Advice on how to advertise?

(bradford translations)
44.2.3 Dissipation > 11 Interplay
.2: "The creel holds a fish. Nothing is wrong, but this will not benefit the guests."
.3: "A rump with no skin. One's progress is inferior now. Brutal, but not a complete mistake."
So this suggests to me that I've got something good in the service (I have a fish), but perhaps advertising right now is not a great idea. It's not going to yield much.

So go forward without advertising?
31.3.6 Reciprocity > 11 Interplay
(so 11 pops up again as a relating hex!)
.3: "Persuaded in one's loins. Managing those consequences, to continue thus is wretchedness."
.6: "Moved in one's jawbones and tongue."
It seems to me to say: yes. Don't chase. No need to use empty words to persuade. People will come of themselves, as a result of the 11 Interplay.

Thoughts?

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I get the impression you won't need to advertise, it isn't the right time and more important events overtake the need to advertise.

Sometimes, as here I see 11 as the tidal wave about to engulf the primary, which is just an impression FWIW but I mean it looks a really bad idea to be thinking about advertising with these casts doesn't it ? There's something more important going on that dwarfs this preoccupation.

11 can just be life that happens while you're making other plans. Life moves one on in big ways in 11, things are happening but you don't need to be advertising.

These are unflattering lines, I guess at least they may be telling you what is so wrong with your idea of advertising now

Advertising an event/service? 44.2.3 > 11; 31.3.6 > 11
Trying to advertise an event/service.

Advice on how to advertise?

(bradford translations)
44.2.3 Dissipation > 11 Interplay
.2: "The creel holds a fish. Nothing is wrong, but this will not benefit the guests."
.3: "A rump with no skin. One's progress is inferior now. Brutal, but not a complete mistake."
So this suggests to me that I've got something good in the service (I have a fish), but perhaps advertising right now is not a great idea. It's not going to yield much.

I just wonder if what you are advertising is a very small fish in a very big pond but you are half unaware of it. I do get the sense you are unaware of something and whilst your mind is busying about advertising you are being moved along somewhere else.

But this is just advice on 'how to' and I agree line 2 is very much 'don't/not yet'. Line 3 is hard work, very hard work, I mean to the point the skin comes off your thighs. This is the story of Yu the great who battled the floods. he did great work but it wore him out. This can certainly be a line of following a hard calling.

So I think overall this is suggesting you aren't ready to advertise given you have so much more work to complete ! Perhaps there is more work coming or perhaps you will be freshly inspired and that will drive you to work harder at what you are advertising ?

So go forward without advertising?
31.3.6 Reciprocity > 11 Interplay
(so 11 pops up again as a relating hex!)
.3: "Persuaded in one's loins. Managing those consequences, to continue thus is wretchedness."
.6: "Moved in one's jawbones and tongue."
It seems to me to say: yes. Don't chase. No need to use empty words to persuade. People will come of themselves, as a result of the 11 Interplay.

Yes because right now you are focusing on the inessential when there's a heck of a lot of 11 going on.

So I don't know of course but I feel several possibilities around why it's not a good idea to advertise

1. You need to do more work
2. There's more creativity to explore and make real before focusing on what other people think
3. There may be more work on it's way which makes advertising seem a luxury occupation
4. Life overtakes you, you won't have the attention for this.
5. You are focusing too much on the impact you may have but you need to be taking advantage of any spurts in energy/creative drive/ambition and using them energetically now for your own advancement rather than looking ahead to gauge other's reactions.

Actually they are quite good readings aren't they although rather well, rude, they are pointing you in a good strong direction.

liquidity

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I get the impression you won't need to advertise, it isn't the right time and more important events overtake the need to advertise.

Sometimes, as here I see 11 as the tidal wave about to engulf the primary, which is just an impression FWIW but I mean it looks a really bad idea to be thinking about advertising with these casts doesn't it ? There's something more important going on that dwarfs this preoccupation.

11 can just be life that happens while you're making other plans. Life moves one on in big ways in 11, things are happening but you don't need to be advertising.

These are unflattering lines, I guess at least they may be telling you what is so wrong with your idea of advertising now

I just wonder if what you are advertising is a very small fish in a very big pond but you are half unaware of it. I do get the sense you are unaware of something and whilst your mind is busying about advertising you are being moved along somewhere else.

But this is just advice on 'how to' and I agree line 2 is very much 'don't/not yet'. Line 3 is hard work, very hard work, I mean to the point the skin comes off your thighs. This is the story of Yu the great who battled the floods. he did great work but it wore him out. This can certainly be a line of following a hard calling.

So I think overall this is suggesting you aren't ready to advertise given you have so much more work to complete ! Perhaps there is more work coming or perhaps you will be freshly inspired and that will drive you to work harder at what you are advertising ?

Yes because right now you are focusing on the inessential when there's a heck of a lot of 11 going on.

Insightful thoughts, thank you.

So I don't know of course but I feel several possibilities around why it's not a good idea to advertise

1. You need to do more work
2. There's more creativity to explore and make real before focusing on what other people think
3. There may be more work on it's way which makes advertising seem a luxury occupation
4. Life overtakes you, you won't have the attention for this.
5. You are focusing too much on the impact you may have but you need to be taking advantage of any spurts in energy/creative drive/ambition and using them energetically now for your own advancement rather than looking ahead to gauge other's reactions.

Actually they are quite good readings aren't they although rather well, rude, they are pointing you in a good strong direction.

I think I might add
6. That the best advertising might come spontaneously from work with those who need no further advertising.

I say that because I cast once more after reading your response asking, to clarify further: but despite the lack of advertising, continue offering the event?

37.3.4.6 The Family > 17 Following (WB tr.)
.3: "When tempers flare up in the family, too great a severity brings remorse. Good fortune nonetheless. When women and children dally and laugh, it leads in the end to humiliation."
.4: "She is the treasure of the house. Great good fortune."
.6: "His work commands respect. In the end good fortune comes."

Seems to say that I should reach out to those who are already in the know rather than trying to get outsiders involved. Take care of the "family" -- (.3 and .4), and that will automatically lead to respect (.6) and create the relevant audience (17) through a deep organic process (11 from the previous readings).

Reminds me of this well-known Confucius quote: "The superior man occupies his apartment and sends forth his words. If they be good, they will be responded to at a distance of more than a thousand miles -- how much more will they be so in the nearer circle!"

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
37.3.4.6 The Family > 17 Following (WB tr.)
.3: "When tempers flare up in the family, too great a severity brings remorse. Good fortune nonetheless. When women and children dally and laugh, it leads in the end to humiliation."
.4: "She is the treasure of the house. Great good fortune."
.6: "His work commands respect. In the end good fortune comes."

Seems to say that I should reach out to those who are already in the know rather than trying to get outsiders involved. Take care of the "family" -- (.3 and .4), and that will automatically lead to respect (.6) and create the relevant audience (17) through a deep organic process (11 from the previous readings).

Reminds me of this well-known Confucius quote: "The superior man occupies his apartment and sends forth his words. If they be good, they will be responded to at a distance of more than a thousand miles -- how much more will they be so in the nearer circle!"

Yes, it also advises you of keeping well within your own sphere where the flow of opportunities can happen easily (17) Beware of line 3 in that it is so often a warning to take something more seriously. I mean you sound perfectly serious to me but I didn't give you line 3 Yi did.

To me it confirms that earlier sense I had of you needed to be working more on whatever it is in a serious enclosed kind of a way before advertising.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).