...life can be translucent

Menu

Next UK PM: 30.3.6 to 51, 10.1.6 to 47 and 41.1.6 to 7

Fanofenka

Inactive
Reaction score
Now that May resigned from PM, there is a possibility that Johnson will be May's successor.

Why did May resign? 30.3.6 Clarity to 51 Shock.
Line 3 says, "In the clear light of the setting sun, If not beating a pot and singing, Then you will be making the lament of great old age. Pitfall." Is it because of her age?
Line 6 says, "The king uses this to march out, There are honours. He executes the chief – the captives are not so ugly. Not a mistake." Is it because the Tories want her out?

Who will the next British PM? 10.1.6 Treading to 47 Confined.
Line 1 says, "Plain treading going on. No mistake." Can this be one who cares about the workings of the Parliament?
Line 6 says, "Observing the footsteps, blessings from the ancestors. They come full circle: good fortune from the source." Will it be someone who isn't controversial?

In addition, I hear that Trump will meddle in the PM pick.

What will Trump do to the UK government? 41.1.6 Decreasing to 7 The Arny.
Line 1 says, "Bringing your own business to an end, going swiftly – not a mistake. Considering decreasing it." Will Trump withdraw?
Line 6 says, "Not decreasing, increasing it – not a mistake. Constancy, good fortune. Fruitful to have a direction to go. Gaining servants, not a home." Will he support Johnson?

From these three questions, I see line 6 changing.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know why you would ask Yi questions when a quick Google would tell you everything you need to know

Now that May resigned from PM, there is a possibility that Johnson will be May's successor.

She resigned some time ago

Why did May resign? 30.3.6 Clarity to 51 Shock.
Line 3 says, "In the clear light of the setting sun, If not beating a pot and singing, Then you will be making the lament of great old age. Pitfall." Is it because of her age?

No it's because she failed to deliver Brexit. It's hardly a mystery is it. You don't need Yi to find out why May resigned, you could watch the news or Google...? So why do you ask Yi ? I mean I am truly baffled that you think she resigned because of her age when it is plastered all over the place she resigned because of Brexit. You can't think that she didn't resign because of Brexit but due to her age because of line 3 surely …….Well I can tell you it has been on our TV screens for months on end the reason why she resigned is because she failed to deliver Brexit no mystery

Line 6 says, "The king uses this to march out, There are honours. He executes the chief – the captives are not so ugly. Not a mistake." Is it because the Tories want her out?

:confused: well yes they wanted her out otherwise she couldn't have gone

Who will the next British PM? 10.1.6 Treading to 47 Confined.

Look at the polls

Line 1 says, "Plain treading going on. No mistake." Can this be one who cares about the workings of the Parliament?
Line 6 says, "Observing the footsteps, blessings from the ancestors. They come full circle: good fortune from the source." Will it be someone who isn't controversial?

well there's only 2 candidates

He has no business in UK politics

Line 1 says, "Bringing your own business to an end, going swiftly – not a mistake. Considering decreasing it." Will Trump withdraw?
Line 6 says, "Not decreasing, increasing it – not a mistake. Constancy, good fortune. Fruitful to have a direction to go. Gaining servants, not a home." Will he support Johnson?

He can't do anything to the UK government because we have our own government...I simply google from the Independent

'Senior politicians from all of the main parties have warned Donald Trump against "distasteful interference" in British politics during an already controversial state visit.....Mr Trump was accused by party leaders and MPs past and present of breaking long standing convention by praising Boris Johnson claiming he would make an "excellent prime minister"...…."

The playground language he uses is unbelievable - he says he 'likes' people as if that had any political relevance or that the ambassador was a 'stupid guy' it's just unbelievable...absolutely unbelievable.....

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
He has no business in UK politics

Hi Trojina,

The Orange One doesn't have the intellect or sanity or character to be involved in anything besides crime and fraud and calamity.

He can't do anything to the UK...
His people have already been meddling for a few years now in order to influence public opinions in the UK. Steve Bannon and Cambridge Analytica have been trying to make Brexit happen. (Sorry I haven't been following Brexit much, we have our own crisis in the US at the moment with a 'to the man' lawless administration)

And yes, this is a supremely arrogant and wealthy group of racists (primarily they are Classists mysoganists and general bigots, the racism is just a secondary trait.) originating with the racist Australian tabloid owner (Rupert Murdoch) who got T. Rump elected here by his propaganda tool: Fox News/Sky News. Luckily for you, someone in the UK government had the good sense to deny them permission to operate in the UK a few years ago. Here T. Rump is a shill for the fossil fuel cartel.
Is it the same sort of people in the UK?

F

Freedda

And again, this post reminds me of how Trump or Johnson would make use of the Yi: make a statement-of-fact, do a cast, and then show how the cast backs up one's political beliefs, whether or not that's what the Yi is actually saying.

D.

Last edited:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Trojina,

The Orange One doesn't have the intellect or sanity or character to be involved in anything besides crime and fraud and calamity.

Well I recall the shock here on the day he was elected, I mean no one would ever have thought he could ever seriously be president.

His people have already been meddling for a few years now in order to influence public opinions in the UK. Steve Bannon and Cambridge Analytica have been trying to make Brexit happen. (Sorry I haven't been following Brexit much, we have our own crisis in the US at the moment with a 'to the man' lawless administration)

I can honestly say I have never heard anyone in real life, on the radio or the TV in the UK that could even take him seriously or regard him with anything other than horror and mockery. I mean the Queen had to pretend I suppose and God alone knows how Prince Charles coped.....

Re Brexit I believe it happened according to the votes of the British people. I don't think it had much to do with the US. The reason I say that is one can easily see the factors that led to the Brexit vote and how it was to do with social conditions and realities here especially for the white working class who had pretty much had their voice taken away by the middle class/liberal/left. There was/is a real concern about lack of social housing, strain on the NHS, strain on education due to a massive increase in population due to immigration. However for years no one could freely express these concerns or they would called a racist when they weren't.

You see those people in housing queues, waiting for NHS treatment, they were actually seeing immigrants who had been in the country for 6 months get housed immediately where they had been waitng for years. This happened to me. I had been on the housing list for 7 years and I supported an asylum seeker who got a flat straight away. I didn't begrudge it her but actually she had more money than I did and she got a flat without ever having paid taxes here. The middle class would be denying these things because they weren't in those housing queues and they were happy to sit and point at the lower white working class and say 'you're racist', well no it wasn't like that. It really did get to the point where the lower white working class were absolutely at the bottom of the pile. So when Brexit loomed there were a huge number of people who just wanted a bit of their country back or at least did not want yet another massive influx of immigrants because it's a small country, we can't do it, we don't have the resources. That's not racist that's just wanting to be able to see a Dr, get a flat, get decent schooling.

Of course what people see in their daily lives doesn't necessarily connect with how things actually are but it's a huge factor.

In general I'm a liberal lefty but I knew full well things were way out of balance here from standing in housing queues and so on. I'm also the daughter of an immigrant, there's no racism there it's just we don't have the resources. However racists jumped on that whole thing and took full advantage of it so sadly on the eve of the Brexit vote going through there were awful attacks and abuse on all that had a foreign accent ! That was a terrible result of Brexit but I think it's gone past that somewhat.

However if you tell lower working class people often enough they can't say a word about their worries on immigration there will be an outburst and I think that in part swung the vote.

Also Glastonbury festival was on ;) and all these young people hadn't voted who really needed to stay in the EU. They had in general become complacent about needing to vote, they didn't expect Brexit. Then of course there were smaller business owner crippled by the demands of the EU and many other factors so for me to hear the US had anything to do with it is UScentric.

And yes, this is a supremely arrogant and wealthy group of racists (primarily they are Classists mysoganists and general bigots, the racism is just a secondary trait.) originating with the racist Australian tabloid owner (Rupert Murdoch) who got T. Rump elected here by his propaganda tool: Fox News/Sky News. Luckily for you, someone in the UK government had the good sense to deny them permission to operate in the UK a few years ago. Here T. Rump is a shill for the fossil fuel cartel.
Is it the same sort of people in the UK?

No I don't think so, I don't think it's the same here thankfully. I think what is happening in the US is in the US, I don't think there are any very influential racist groups here. That is there are these groups but frankly they are pretty pathetic with no leverage.

I'm not politically savvy, I can be quite naïve, but I really did get a feel for why the Brexit vote went through and I think to call people's concerns about immigration racist - when there's hardly any room left here, is just too generalized. However as I said there were racists who really used that concern to promote racist views.

What I do think is the reason Brexit happened (or will happen :rolleyes:) is similar to Trump getting in the US because many who voted for Trump did so not because they were racist but because they were concerned for their livelihood and he had promised to revive industry and he was a business man. Again I think it was poorer, lower class people (perhaps) being really worried about their standard of living, making a living, ensuring they had enough for their families.

It is all very well for richer people to call those who are living hand to mouth racist but the fact is when you are on that level what you see on a day to day basis is you're actually the bottom of the pile.

And then of course there are racists who will exploit this mass feeling and use it for their own purposes. We have some terrible newspapers here that actively fuel racism by using lower class people's real concerns about lack of resources to ignite race hatred.

I'm not especially politically clued in at all but I don' t think Brexit had anything to do with the US I think it was down to social and financial conditions in the UK.

What I have trouble getting over is Trump calling our ambassador a 'stupid guy' I mean that just isn't how politicians are meant to talk, it's just unbelievable. He should never have been allowed a state visit though it did give us chance to raise the big baby balloon again. Though I don' t know much about politics I do think it's time the UK showed some backbone and said to him he can stuff this supposed UK/US alliance where the sun don't shine. He just has no place within our values at all, he's a complete anathema and due to him UK/US relations are worse than they have ever been. He's doing well at alienating the rest of the world too.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Or ... this is just more shallow, immature nonsense of someone - once again - making the Yi be their own puppet: I don't like Trump, and see, the Yi doesn't either.

I imagine this is the same way that Trump or Johnson would make use of the Yi.

I don't get what Fanoffenka is doing posting all these threads on political issues as he gives no interpretation just asks a question like 'did May get fired because of her age ?'. But I don't think he is aiming to be annoying, he may be quite genuine in his interest and he is always polite so I'm not sure what he is doing.

Admittedly I am wondering what is going on when he asks questions everyone already knows the answers to.

As I am talking about you Fanoffenka perhaps you could enlighten us ? We aren't sure what you are trying to do with all these political threads ? I mean they don't seem to lead anywhere, do you feel you get enlightenment from them ?

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
when there's hardly any room left here
We feel we don't have a lot of room, either. At least, *I* think we're full, not that what I think matters, but I doubt I'm the only one. "Full" doesn't just mean geographical space, after all, it's how much can an economy absorb, and a nation's resources, as you said.

I mean, it's a simple fact of math (I'm pretty sure) that the relatively better-off, developed countries like the U.K. and U.S. etc. don't have room for the whole rest of the world. If we try, we will go straight that direction, too; I wonder if to some degree it's already happening?

I wish we (stable nations) could figure out how to help these countries straighten out their problems, whether it's corrupt governments/systems or whatever the problems are, so that people could live safely and decently in their own countries rather than glomming on elsewhere. Speaking for myself, I would be horrified if I thought I had to move someplace where I don't even speak the language and so forth. It would hardly be my idea of fun. Everyone's not me, of course, but still, wouldn't you think a lot of these folks would rather stay at home, if they thought that was at all a decent, viable option? Migrating like that is an act of desperation, I'd think, at least sometimes. Feeling desperate is not enjoyable.

On the other hand, there was a lot of immigration to the U.S. in the early 20th century, and we came out exceedingly well on the other side of that (for a while, at least, and our current problems have nothing to do with early 20th-century immigration), so... (I don't know enough to know what difference it makes that that was a hundred+ years ago, whether we had more "room" then or whatever).

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Well of course Sure desperation re asylym seekers, my father didn't end up here because he wanted to but there are also immigrants coming just because they want to make a better living ie the massive influx of Poles to the UK who are renowned by the way for their willingness to work hard which brits aren't especially in some areas.

All fine but the idea of of more and more of this with immigrants from other EU countries and it's been a huge concern for people. However the idea that Brexit would make it all fine, if Brexit actually ever happens, is another matter.

BTW as I've tried to make clear, I was speaking about people's perceptions, how it felt here, as what I saw the backdrop to the Brexit vote. I don't actually claim to know very much in actuality about the impact of immigration, it's a huge area. All I was describing was the mood, a general mood of 'we can't accommodate any more people'. And this isn't an academic thing, it's very real as I said with the impact on housing, health care etc. That mood was partly behind Brexit. Also sudden changes in population make people uneasy. The massive influx of Poles where I live almost meant you felt you were in a different country over night because suddenly many people allaround are talking Polish. And Polish people integrated particularly well because they came to work, they shared values, it's not as if their culture is very alien so there could be no animosity whatsoever and yet still fear of 'we can't do this again can we ???'.

As this isn't Open Space I think we should get off politics now. Might be a bit easier if fanoffenka stopped posting a thread a day on political issues that need no readings.

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Where did your father come from, out of curiosity, if you don't mind saying? (I'm not ignoring what you said about this isn't Open Space; it's just one question, which you don't have to answer if you don't want.)

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Ukraine and he could not return to his country after the war.

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks for the enlightening description of the UK predicament, government services ..etc.

There are definitely differences in our situations. A certain portion of the wealthy elite here, let's call them bosses and barons (and Hogs...the Tao of Greed) , scream in public about 'dirty' illegal immigrants, say they want a wall built, and treat those poor people inhumanely, yet they employ them in their businesses as semi slave labor (very low pay) when they speak up against the mistreatment, they are fired and have no legal protections, T.Rump employs them at his golf courses. Astounding Hypocracy, isn't it?
He drums up hatred against them, which lets him semi-enslave them.

Your islands actually do have an overcrowding problem, the US doesn't. The Us is 40x the size of the UK, with only 5x the UK population.
census0pop-mapsbynik-rev140420a.jpg

F

Freedda

While I can appreciate a good political discussion and I, as well, like to get into scoundrel-bashing of our current leaders, I sort of remember that the guidelines for discussion here are to focus on the Yi's responses, and not make this a sounding board for our own political views. And if that's were it's headed, at what point should it be moved to the 'Other' forum? Perhaps @hilary; has some guidance here.

When I look at most of the posts by the author of this thread, I can't help but feel that he is using the Yi in exactly the same way Trump would use it:

Trump, question: is Hilary a liar?

Yi's response: _________ fill in the blank, as it really doesn't matter what the actual response is, because I'm not (we're not) going pay any attention anyway.

Trump: see, even the ancient I Ching agrees with me that Hilary is a liar. Now, what does the Yi have to say about ... Obama? Mueller? Pelosi? The slanted media? The shadow government who's been running the FBI and CIA? The eco-terrorist who had been running the EPA? etc. etc.

... and just like Trump, the author of these posts always starts off with opinion-as-fact, and hardly ever returns to clarify, or comment.

... and just like Trump's supporters, many of us jump on the band wagon, and respond with 'yes, see how bad Hilary is' (or how bad Trump, or Johnson, or May, or pick your villain, is) ....​

So, note here to self and others: are we seeking - or discussing - the advice from the Yi, or are we only using this thread and forum as a mirror of our own political views?

.... As an aside, when I visited London for the first time in the fall of 2015, I saw a Shakespere play at the Globe. Before the play, I went out to the lobby to rent a seat cushion - those hard oak benches are hard on one's bum! - and I saw people huddled around a man, taking selfies with him. I had no idea whom he was, thinking perhaps that he was a famous actor (maybe from MI-5, or maybe Monty Python?), but it turns out it was Boris Johnson. And ... while I was visiting, Jeremy Corbyn became leader of the Liberals, and just a few months later Sadiq Khan became the mayor of London.

And all of this is say, that my London visit and seeing Johnson - and my visit to the Tate galleries and Camden Garden, and the beer and Scotch egg I had at the Black Dog in the Vauxhall district - make me in no way an adequate or accurate commentor of British politics, no more than watching Britannia or Peaker Blinders on Amazon Prime does.

Best, D.

Last edited:

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Your islands actually do have an overcrowding problem, the US doesn't. The Us is 40x the size of the UK, with only 5x the UK population.
View attachment 2091

But the premise is that "full" isn't just geographical, it also has to do with economic and social-resources capacity.

(And how much of those green zero-population areas in the U.S. are the Rocky Mountains, deserts, vast areas of ranchland or farmland, swamps (Florida) and so forth?) Even if land is inhabitable, you can't build high-rise apartment buildings on every acre in order to keep shoehorning in more people. Or you shouldn't, at least. People decry over-development as it is.)

Here's an explanation of census blocks: https://www.census.gov/newsroom/blogs/random-samplings/2011/07/what-are-census-blocks.html

(There's no point attached to that; I just had no idea what a census block is.)

Last edited:

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
While I can appreciate a good political discussion and I, as well, like to get into scoundrel-bashing of our current leaders, I sort of remember that the guidelines for discussion here are to focus on the Yi's responses, and not make this a sounding board for our own political views. And if that's were it's headed, at what point should it be moved to the 'Other' forum? Perhaps @hilary; has some guidance here. .
I don't disagree...in practice it's an awkward thing to do, though, which would probably have the effect of quashing the topic. (Which may not be a bad thing lol. I hate politics of all kinds, really, so why am I posting here? Moth to flame? :eek:uch: Silly moth.)

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Freedda

While I can appreciate a good political discussion and I, as well, like to get into scoundrel-bashing of our current leaders, I sort of remember that the guidelines for discussion here are to focus on the Yi's responses, and not make this a sounding board for our own political views. And if that's were it's headed, at what point should it be moved to the 'Other' forum? Perhaps @hilary has some guidance here.

All threads wander off topic sometimes. You wandered off topic when you called fanofenka 'immature and shallow', we aren't meant to actually insult people here.

We also aren't meant to do readings on members in public without their consent as you have in the Cake blog, your latest post there, because it's a sort of trial by Yi, is against the rules.

So insulting people by ascribing negative qualities to them is against the rules, even if understandable. It's against the rules to publicly share readings about other members without their consent, so that's not good IMO. Threads going off topic happens but if it goes on too long then someone calls a halt somewhere along the line.

I don't want this thread moved to Open Space. I commented here not there so I'm not happy for it to be moved to Open Space. I don't want an extended discussion about it.

I don't know who this is aimed at ? Who are you having a dig at ? :confused:

And all of this is say, that my London visit and seeing Johnson - and my visit to the Tate galleries and Camden Garden, and the beer and Scotch egg I had at the Black Dog in the Vauxhall district - make me in no way an adequate or accurate commentor of British politics, no more than watching Britannia or Peaker Blinders on Amazon Prime does.

I am British ? What's your point ? @Freedda;

F

Freedda

I don't disagree...in practice it's an awkward thing to do, though, which would probably have the effect of quashing the topic. (Which may not be a bad thing lol. I hate politics of all kinds, really, so why am I posting here? Moth to flame? :eek:uch: Silly moth.)
Yes, understood, and 'been there, done that!'

I have no objection to political questions - and going a bit off-track is sort of unavoidable - but I just hope we can actually paying attention to the response.

The way these particular person's political posting have been remind me of the often-found 'does my abusive boyfriend still love me' type queries; where the person inevitably reads the Yi's strong warning to get the heck out, as 'I think the Yi says I should stay, that he will come back to me, and that the problem is I'm not giving him my unconditional love.'

And other's responses - however well-intentioned - become tirades about co-dependence or how mean, evil, or abusive this particular boyfriend is - even though the Yi is not saying anything like that.

So, good advice aside, I think we need to ask, are we paying attention or only hearing and seeing what we want to?

Best, D.

F

Freedda

All threads wander off topic sometimes. You wandered off topic when you called fanofenka 'immature and shallow', we aren't meant to actually insult people here.

I am British ? What's your point ? @Freedda;
So, Trojina, because you don't agree with me, you now feel you should point out every one of my (according to you) recent so-called transgressions? How is that supposed to help? Or are you just trying to shame me or just make me wrong?

My point is that many of these posts (not the person) are immature and shallow, and if that's breaking the rules to point that out, I'm willing to correct that - as I have done in the past. As you said, we all get off-track somethimes, either in our political views or in what we say - and we can always course-correct, if we have a bit of humility to do so.

As to my statement about my London visit, as I said, none of that makes me an adequate commentor on British politics or leaders. I'm not even sure I can accurately or adequately comment on my own county's situation.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
So, Trojina, because you don't agree with me, you now feel you should point out every one of my (according to you) recent so-called transgressions? How is that supposed to help? Or are you just trying to shame me or just make me wrong?

No, not trying to shame you but was surprised how you came into the thread to say it should be moved, expressing disapproval, atting Hilary, when actually in several places you yourself have gone off track and broken forum rules yourself. Not trying to shame you at all just highlighting that what you have reprimanded us for, talking politics here, was not really so bad.

Moss Elk asked me a question, I answered it. Liselle asked me questions I answered her and then you come in and basically say we oughtn't and it must be moved. Threads do go off topic but I am not planning on an extended political discussion and already said myself perhaps we should stop.

Are you trying to shame us for chatting about politics for a while ?

My point is that many of these posts (not the person) are immature and shallow, and if that's breaking the rules to point that out, I'm willing to correct that - as I have done in the past. As you said, we all get off-track somethimes, either in our political views or in what we say - and we can always course-correct, if we have a bit of humility to do so.

Well I don't care if fanofenka doesn't care, it's not a huge deal but the point is you have come in to reprimand us for talking to each other

As to my statement about my London visit, as I said, none of that makes me an adequate commentor on British politics or leaders. I'm not even sure I can accurately or adequately comment on my own county's situation.

:confused: that seems an odd thing to say since no one had insisted you do talk about British politics.

It comes across as if you saying if we don't know what we are talking about we shouldn't talk but I don't know who that is aimed at. Moss Elk is talking about the US and I am talking about the UK.

Anyway no I do not want to shame you I was trying to make a point that's all.

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Well, yes, this is supposed to be a forum about readings, and if anyone especially wants to discuss politics you can do so in Open Space. So far this thread doesn't have a problem with politically biased reading interpretations, though, because it doesn't have any reading interpretations. Anyone want to change that?
...Who will the next British PM? 10.1.6 Treading to 47 Confined.
Well, it'll be Johnson unless something extraordinary happens, and he's known for courting controversy and not for caring about Parliament. (He has been talking about closing it to get Brexit through.)

Considering the idea that lines 1 and 6 changing indicate a kind of 'falling through' to the relating hexagram, I wonder if this reflects the realities that will soon hit any new PM: the EU will not renegotiate, there's no majority in Parliament for anything much except blocking 'no deal', there's no easy solution on the Irish backstop, there's no way to leave with no deal and avoid damaging tariffs... etc, etc. The walls of reality closing in, 47-ish-ly.

I don't know about the lines. It would be pretty funny if line 6 'observing the footsteps' meant going back to May's deal...

He does support Johnson (he must not have heard what Johnson said about him in the past), ie he's already meddled, but I don't think that makes much difference. The only people who get to vote on this PM are Conservative Party members, and they seem fairly besotted with Johnson anyway.

I can imagine line 1 as Trump losing interest and moving on, and 'gaining servants' as what he would like from Brexit. Again this has the .1.6 'falling through' pattern, but I don't know what it's falling into. Concentrating on his own re-election campaign?

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
And how much of those green zero-population areas in the U.S. are the Rocky Mountains, deserts, vast areas of ranchland or farmland, swamps (Florida) and so forth?)
Even if land is inhabitable, you can't build high-rise apartment buildings on every acre in order to keep shoehorning in more people. Or you shouldn't, at least. People decry over-development as it is.)

Hey Liselle,
I am assuming your statements were not rhetorical,
so I'll provide something for you to consider.

I live in a city of 3 million people (plus 7 million more in the connected metropolitan area) that was built on a swamp.
It's name is Chicago. Have you seen all the skyscrapers downtown?
It was actually built on a Lake and swamp.... The earth downtown was put there on top of the Lake. Did you know that?

The US birthrate has been below the world health organizations 2.1 rate, which is said to sustain population levels.
Consider that there is a direct correlation between Education level and children birthed into a family. (Higher educated and more economically advantaged people have fewer children than less educated. and less economically advantaged people.) This fact of low birth rate means that....
The US is certainly not full
Immigrants actually help sustain the current population levels.

If you google us birth rate by year,
you'll find a sliding graph that shows it has been well under 2.1
since 1972. That's 50 years....

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I live in a city of 3 million people (plus 7 million more in the connected metropolitan area) that was built on a swamp.
It's name is Chicago. Have you seen all the skyscrapers downtown?
It was actually built on a Lake and swamp.... The earth downtown was put there on top of the Lake. Did you know that?

I didn't, actually, that's interesting (and rather stunning). But I still hope no one feels a need to drain the Everglades and build a city there, or anything else along those lines.

I certainly can't really debate the optimal population level or anything like that. (Why did I ever comment in this thread; I hate politics. #sillysillymoth)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).