...life can be translucent

Menu

What will happen if I left the agency and worked for X 9.1.2.3.4.5 >35

Music-Man

visitor
Reaction score
I work through an agency who task me to work with one of their clients because that client wants only me. All the work I ever do through the agency is with that one company. I've been planning to get away from the agency for ages but a break clause has always been in the way, whereby I cannot go and work for the company the agency task me with for 6 months after I have left. Please see my previous posts which Trojina, Rosada and radiofreewill have helped me with. Thanks guys!

So following on from the previous post I mentioned, I asked the IChing What will happen if I left the agency and worked for company x. I got 9,1.2.3.4.5 > 35.

So I wonder if anyone would be kind enough interpret these readings for me?

liquidity

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
It will be a long process where you will have to slowly cultivate things with this company over a long period of time, patiently and diligently, but if you do that it will lead to progress in the long run.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Possibly the “long process” liquidity refers to is the 6 month waiting period?

Music-Man

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks rosada and liquidity ;)

Possibly and the most likely scenario, since they have already given me the nod. What makes my situation so complicated is that I was hoping to do three things at roughly the same time.

1. Get an offer on my property.
2. Get my actual mortgage agreed (I only have a mortgage in principal thus far)
3. Give in my notice and ride out the 6 months.

Then things will be in place.

* You may like to see my previous posts which are related to this.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I work through an agency who task me to work with one of their clients because that client wants only me. All the work I ever do through the agency is with that one company. I've been planning to get away from the agency for ages but a break clause has always been in the way, whereby I cannot go and work for the company the agency task me with for 6 months after I have left. Please see my previous posts which Trojina, Rosada and radiofreewill have helped me with. Thanks guys!

So following on from the previous post I mentioned, I asked the IChing What will happen if I left the agency and worked for company x. I got 9,1.2.3.4.5 > 35.

So I wonder if anyone would be kind enough interpret these readings for me?

35 is very much to the fore here, the lines of 9 already gone through . I don't know but to me it looks like long awaited, carefully cultivated success. It's a firm decision which means loss of the agency so there's a definite cutting off point there. Since there is 35 I feel it's a risk worth taking but do bear in mind you know your situation far better than me so take what I say only in terms of what fits for you.

This company wants you but the agency have a clause of 6 months but this can be got around with a little creativity can't it. I mean these agencies are just trying to protect themselves and frankly their clause has no real legal standing. I mean if you go and work for this company do you think the agency will spend money taking you to court because you got a job they didn't want you to get ? No one needs to take these clauses so seriously, there's ways round it, one being secrecy. They don't have to know where you work or the company doesn't have to tell them on what basis you are there. All the agency need to know is that you left. it's none of their business.

No idea if that fits your actual situation but I do think the 35 is your connection to this company who want you. You've worked steadily in a 9ish way for some time and this has bought you to the very edge of the fruition of 35. If it were my cast I think I'd leave the agency but you know best.

Music-Man

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks Trojina, your assessment is closest to where I feel now. And I take your secrecy point, I've already discussed that with company X. I do feel like work through the agency is dying up and very much feel I should end this relationship before it's too late but I am worried that it may affect my provisional mortgage offer (and spoil my move as I'm earning less compared to the last 5 years this year - what if they ask if anything's changed).

Perhaps you could suggest a question I could ask the Oracle that is absolute and pertinent - that's likely to give me a clear yes/no answer as to whether I should leave them/give notice or not. I'm not sure if I always come up with the right clear enough questions.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Perhaps you could suggest a question I could ask the Oracle that is absolute and pertinent - that's likely to give me a clear yes/no answer as to whether I should leave them/give notice or not. I'm not sure if I always come up with the right clear enough questions.

I think in trying to get a clear yes/no you are attempting to hand over the decision to Yi. Yi isn't there to decide for you, if it did who would be living your life, you or Yi ?

All you can do is take understandings as best you can and couple that with your own sense of the situation and go from there.

You see once you start thinking you can rely on Yi to decide things that can undermine your sense of agency and confidence. Sure Yi can assist in decisions but it's not good to sort of be waiting for instruction from it so to speak, that can weaken your sense of self I think.

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
A few random thoughts...

I agree with Trojina about 35 - take full advantage of your opportunities. Also, in the story of 35, the opportunity is a gift which is taken full advantage of, whatever that might mean in your situation.

The only line missing out of hexagram 9 is the last one, which starts off, "Already rained, already come to rest." This seems to be in contrast to 9's Oracle, which says, "Dense clouds without rain." (Copied from Hilary's translation.)

So it hasn't already rained and come to rest - it's not all settled. You already know that, and it's not important in your reading since it's the line you didn't get. "It's not relevant that it's not all settled" doesn't sound like a bad thing to be told. (Bearing in mind this is me trying to figure out what Yi's saying, which doesn't always go well...)

Is there any way you can talk to them at the company and try to make sure they want to hire you, and/or what their advice might be about the 6 months? Or as Trojina says, is there any creative solution to get around it?

Such as - didn't you say the company wants to ditch the agency anyway? ...Yes, actually, you said that here:
they want to get rid of the agency.

If they got rid of the agency now, would the clause even apply? Could that be 9.3?

"A cart losing its wheel spokes.
Husband and wife avert their eyes."

If husband and wife are company and agency, line 3 is advising, per Hilary's commentary, "to break the connection and let the wheels stop turning."

Any chance you could talk to them (the company) about that? I don't know if that would be appropriate or not.

Music-Man

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks Liselle.

Re: the company, I have already discussed the 6 months with The manager concerned. The wheels spokes bit is interesting because my job is driving. Letting the wheels stop turning, breaking the connection of course could mean me leaving but maybe not getting any work either way. I do have a plan as to deal with the 6 month period. But it's still a risk, as I have to drive past the agency on my way to the company, and one of their staff lives a block away from me! .

As work has been scarce just now I've not been in to the company to ask. But I have absolute faith in what I was told because as you quoted, I do think the company wants to stop using the agency. But it would be in a passive sense - the company wouldn't cancel the contract as such with the agency but let it drift/fade out. To add to that, I also have to consider What if the mortgage company ask me if anything has changed, ie: the drop in income. So lots to consider here still.

If both your interpretations are that I should break the connection with the agency, then I will put my plan in place, rather than hold on and it becomes too late. Ps: Work at the company is at it's best between Dec - Sept, so now would be a good time to do something.

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I can certainly see how this is nerve-wracking and risky. I have no idea what I'd do in a similar situation (other than worry, of course, which I think is part of hexagram 9, as is risk...small-scale farming is full of worry and risk, no doubt).

What do you think the "small farming" or "small taming" or "small accumulating" (all names for hexagram 9) is in your situation? What terrain is it that you're cultivating? (Paraphrasing one of Hilary's "Key Questions" from her book.) If you think of the hexagrams as a sentence, what could you come up with, and what do you think it might mean? "Cultivating an Opportunity," "Cultivating a Gift"..................

The farmer in hexagram 9 does what he can while waiting for the rain...maybe, since this changes to hexagram 35, so that he's prepared to take full advantage of the rain when it comes? (35 is about taking full advantage of a gift or opportunity.)

Music-Man

visitor
Reaction score
So from the interpretations given I had another think and decided to ask What will happen if I give in my notice to the agency. I received 35.4 > 23.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).