...life can be translucent

Menu

63.3 The Royal Servant

Y

yellowblue

If someone is engaged in royal service completion isn't possible....

What does this mean??? There are many thoughts about it.

Is it about one who already has pledged one's allegiance and so effort is useless? Or if one rest's on one's laurels one is complacent and not easily motivated to move from his comfortable position????

Thanks for your thoughts,

Deb

bradford_h

(deceased)
Reaction score
Hi Deb-
You mean lines 02.3 (Zhi Gua 15, Diligent Modesty) and 06.3 (Zhi Gua 44,Rump without skin, second rate progress).
Someone engaged in the royal service is no longer starring in his own story. It isn't about him anymore. It is no longer his business to ask "are we there yet?"
There are pros and cons here. He's losing identity, but become part of something larger. But it isn't very productive to worry when he could at least be savoring not having to worry. More energy to focus on business at hand.

Y

yellowblue

OK... yes i see a little more clearly now. one's former recognition is obscured... he doesn't stand out anymore... he's only a part of the process.

So 6.3 is a warning not to seek glorification... you have your merit, it's not been lost, but one shouldn't seek the honor. Letting another or the whole take the glory.

deed=action=accomlishment=completion....

I think the word "completion" stumped me.

Thanks Brad---

Deb

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).