...life can be translucent

Menu

Yi - programs for handhelds ??

RindaR

visitor
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone here use a program for casting on a handheld pc or palm pilot? Provided I can find such a program I'm thinking of installing one for when I'm away from my 'puter and away from home. Do you have a favorite?

Yi's response to the general idea of installing and using something like this is:

62.6 >56, that line 6 gives me pause...

Rinda

B

bruce_g

Hi Rinda,

Cute answer if not taken too seriously. The wanderer/traveler uses something small to communicate like/through a flying bird.

stevev

visitor
Reaction score
Got one half done

I'm in the middle of implementing IChing for Windows Pocket PC 2003, should also work for Windows Mobile 2005 & possibly earlier versions. I've looked and can't find any others. If your interested I could put a bit more effort into it.

RindaR

visitor
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Stevev-

Does this mean you are building a program? Wow!

I'm thinking what I might do in the meantime is implement the internet capability of this handheld and use clarity's site. I don't know how to go about that right now, but I think I'll be able to figure it out in time. Now if I could find some round 'tuits...

Rinda

stevev

visitor
Reaction score
Fun and games on line

Hello Rinda,

Attached, I think, is a screen capture of my Pocket PC version of the IChing. Don’t get too excited it doesn’t work yet and there is a long way to go. If your interested I have a Desktop or Notebook version as well which you can download and install from my homepage at:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~svivash

After it’s installed it doesn’t need internet access, although it works and is fairly functional it’s a work in progress with many aspects difficult to use and many others only half complete.

My Pocket PC doesn’t have internet access but if it did, with a VGA screen resolution of 480 x 640, it would probably be able to successfully navigate the IChing Clarity web site.

I just bought a Nokia N70 which does have internet access and although I was able to access the IChing Clarity web site I was not able to successfully navigate through the whole site. The screen resolution is only 200 x 320 which is a bit small for sites that haven’t been explicitly setup for this type of device.

I could get to the free online consolation pages but because the phone is using Java & Symbian it wouldn’t run the Flash version. I could run the Java version but because of the page layout, I suspect, I couldn’t see the results. It probably wouldn’t be too hard for Hilary to fix that.

Regards

Steve

peter

visitor
Reaction score
Re

I simply use Pocket Excel for it - random numbers and converting from binary sequence into the number in the traditional sequence. I can also put text into this Excel sheet, no problem.

There is an application for mobile phones: "IT JING", but it works weirdly. Does anyone use it?

stevev

visitor
Reaction score

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).