...life can be translucent

Menu

Lines that don't change among those that do

asteriskandroid

visitor
Reaction score
Hi, I have a question for you based on a post found in this thread about multiple changing lines,
http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showthread.php?t=1143
The 4th post in the thread, by Rosada, mentions that when you recieve 4 or 5 changing lines that you should look to the lines that don't change for insight. I'm lost as to how to do that. Where should I look for info about the significance of specific unchanging lines? Any info will be helpful.
thanks

aa

J

jesed

Hi asteriskandroid

Just in case the omment could be useful

1.- There are 2 mayor aproaches to the problem of multiple movings lines:
a) read and interpret every moving lines (trying to derivate some congruent meaning of the reading as a whole)
b) simplify the interpretation

Each one, has several techniques.

The advice that quoted Rosada belongs to the second aproach: simplify the interpretation.. with the technique of make diference when changes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 lines.

There are a lot more techniques to simplify the interpretartion... some are old techniques.. some are recent techniques. Example: some people doesn't read any changing line at all.. just analyze the trigrams in both hex (principal and related)

On the other hand, there are several techniques to interpret all the changing lines that you got. Some are old, some are recent.

You can find that diferent people find useful some aproach ("a" or "b") and some techniques; and find useless others.

The best is to follow one's own Path.

In my case, I follow the "a" aproach...

2.- Now, with rosada's comment and your oncrete question.
An example according with this technique to simplify the interpretation: If you got changing lines 1, 3, 4 and 6... you only read lines 2 and 5; if you got changing lines 1, 3, 4, 5 and 6, you read only line 2

Best wishes

Last edited:

ewald

visitor
Reaction score
I've seen the following approach a lot, and I prefer it myself as well:
  • If there are no changing lines, consider the hexagram text (judgment) of the hexagram.
  • If there's 1 changing line, only consider the corresponding line text.
  • When there are 2 or 3 changing lines, consider the line texts and also the hexagram texts (judgments) of the base and resulting hexagrams.
  • With 4, 5 or 6 changing lines, consider the hexagram texts (judgments) of the base and resulting hexagrams. (Lines will often be conflicting, and don't seem to bear a lot of meaning.)
  • For hexagram 1 or 2, if all lines change, consider the special text for this situation.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).