...life can be translucent

Menu

Sticky Situation.

katharsys

visitor
Reaction score
:( I seemed to have gotten myself into quite a pickle. It's taking a lot of emotions out of me so I can't read objectively. Any help is appreciated.

Here is the situation: I've been with my boyfriend for 4 years but we fight a lot, we usually recover but it makes me think about how this relationship will work out. Earlier this year I met someone else that I've maintained a wonderful friendship with. But now I think things have developed to a point where I have to choose between these two. I'm not ready to do so and I have no idea what to do... So these are my questions:

1) What will happen if I choose to stay with my current bf? 25 unchanging
2) What will happen if I choose the new guy? 57.4 > 44
3) How will this situation play out? 29

Well I really can't take myself out of this mess to look at the results without being too subjective. I just know 29 = it's messy and painful but I will have to deal with it sooner or later. I just don't know which direction to go.

Help?

frank

visitor
Reaction score
Sticky Crisps

Hi Crisp,

Seems that answer 1 tells you to be yourself and that the situation with bf is the situation where can be that for the most. Answer 2 tells me that there is enthousiasm and hormones involved and a relation can´t drive on that alone... The lesson to learn is answer 3... follow the heart. There is a chance for some depression. Hexagram 29 in this case couild perhaps also mean to look deepdown insite yourself what you ´realy´ want... The fights are probably about things you miss between your bf and you, and the other relationship somehow fills a gap... Look at the gap...

Hang in there.

Hug,
Frank

B

bruce_g

1. Your current squeeze is nice.
2. Your prospective squeeze is hot.
3. Dangerous, but also a way to find yourself.

It’s your call.

katharsys

visitor
Reaction score
haha Bruce that sums it up nicely. And Frank, the chances of depression has already set in :hissy: I guess it boils down to me not knowing what I "really" want. I mean, if I knew, it'd be a lot easier to decide, but it's just eating me up because they stand pretty much evenly in my mind at this moment. Danger danger. I'll let you guys know how it goes =D

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
Crispy -

You're doing what I do sometimes; you're dividing the situation in different choices and doing a toss for each one to see how they compare.

"1) What will happen if I choose to stay with my current bf? 25 unchanging"

If you stay with your current boyfriend, that means avoiding messy entanglements and recklessness, keeping things simple and drawing a lot of benefit from that. The benefit can't be compromised though; no messing around on the side.

"2) What will happen if I choose the new guy? 57.4 > 44"

Satisfaction guaranteed; he's a real catch, a real find. But only time will tell if, as time unfolds, if he's better than the current boyfriend. You know, I'll tell you a secret about us guys - we're all pretty much the same in the foundation. Little variations on the surface. Different color, maybe. Different size. Different texture. But the same function, essentially.

"3) How will this situation play out? 29"

You gotta go through this, and it ain't no joywalk. Trust your heart in this, and by heart I don't mean your feelings; I'm talking about *values* - what's really important to you.

RindaR

visitor
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Er, Dobe, I beg to differ...

There are some wot are broke deep deep down, an hide it good. You are not one, I think.

Crisp- you might want to ask Yi to tell you what you need to know about each one - that would be two questions. That might help explain Yi's response to your first questions.

Rinda

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
"There are some wot are broke deep deep down, an hide it good. You are not one, I think."

Hm?

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
Oh, I see. My comments about guys being the same in the foundation. Well, what I meant by that is that all guys perform essentially a similar function in a relationship - they provide the woman with a useful foil, challenge and mirror which, if she's lucky enough to be on a spiritual or psychological or loving path, will enable her to see her own issues so clearly that they can't be evaded.

The reason I say this is cuz that's my experience in relationship. Your sweetheart is the one who can push the buttons others can't reach. If you want life to be pleasant, that's a giant pain in the bum. But if you want life to be about awareness and growth, that's a giant opportunity.

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
What I say holds true for gay and lesbian relationships too. For what's it's worth. :)

martin

(deceased)
Reaction score
And what about this:

All women perform essentially a similar function in a relationship - they provide the man with a useful foil, challenge and mirror which, if he's lucky enough to be on a spiritual or psychological or loving path, will enable him to see his own issues so clearly that they can't be evaded.
?

:)

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
LOL

How do you think I found out the other thing?

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,
Hex 25 it is you who should sort yourself out, you should correct your ideas about your relationship, give your boyfriend more respect, try to avoid fighting with him. Don't forget it takes at least two people to have a fight. Don't get youself into problems over the silly things.

Hex 57.4 seems to suggest that there is even a third man that takes your fancy.

Hex 44 brief encounters, flirting, short hot affair. A relationship with this guy will not last very long, there are many hidden dangers here.

The third question no longer needs an answer.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).