...life can be translucent

Menu

what happened to it?

esolo

visitor
Reaction score
this is kind of tricky. i gave a woman i don't know very well something that was of some importance to me because i thought she might need it. i was trying to help her out. now i'm starting to wonder if she might have thrown it away.

what happened to that thing that i gave her?

48, unchanging

my first thought was yes, she tossed it down the well (thinking of a round wastebasket), but then i started ruminating on just what a well is, what it's used for, how it's used, and i came to the conclusion that she might very well have put it away somewhere for safe keeping. i'm stumped now.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Esolo I think you are having a laugh yes ? Hehe, but if your're not, well i think the most prudent course of action would be to say to this woman "what have you done with my thing ?"

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
"well i think the most prudent course of action would be to say to this woman "what have you done with my thing ?"

Yes, I often find myself saying that.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
reminds me of that song

gImme that thing, gimme that thing
gimme gimme that
gimme gimme gimme that thing

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
48. THE IMAGE
The superior man encourages people at their work,
And exhorts them to help one another.

The thingie you gave her was your way of encouraging her in her work, but the fact that this hexagram has no change lines makes me think she hasn't put it to use.
Perhaps "the rope didn't go all the way" and she needs you to explain it, or demostrate how it can be used.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,

I believe that she has put your *thing* in a cupboard either in the kitchen or in her bathroom, anyway its near water. It does appear to be hidden and there maybe some damage done to it. Is the *thing* something naughty? Therefore, if you want it back, go ask her for it.

autumn

visitor
Reaction score
rosada said:
The thingie you gave her was your way of encouraging her in her work, but the fact that this hexagram has no change lines makes me think she hasn't put it to use.

Exactly what I thought. She's stored it away for use if she needs it, but may have even forgotten where it is- like the water at the bottom of the well ready to be drawn, but out of sight.

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
'Another great thread brought to you by onlineclarity.co.uk'

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,

is this *thingie* a religious object? Well, whatever it is, she used it a few days ago in her home. Is this woman fairly young, in her 20's. Is she ill, and will she lose something of importance to her next week?
As the well cannot be moved, it is where she left it, it is in a fixed position, so most unlikely that it is in the trash. The well gives nourishment, so what kind of nourishment does this object give? Mental or spiritual? Is it a bible, a book on the occult, a religious item of some kind?

Last edited:

esolo

visitor
Reaction score
trojan said:
Esolo I think you are having a laugh yes ? Hehe, but if your're not, well i think the most prudent course of action would be to say to this woman "what have you done with my thing ?"

teehee no, i'm really serious. i can't ask her because we're no longer speaking and now i have lost this thing as well :eek:

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,

nothing is lost, wait a few weeks and then approach her, and politely ask for your *thingie* back. You will get it back.

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Esolo, it would be really interesting if you could respond to all the suggestions and speculations here and tell us how we're doing.

I have the same feeling as Rosada and Autumn, that she hasn't 'connected' with this thing and doesn't know how to use it. Partly because this is an unchanging hexagram, suggesting a lack of relationship, partly because of the character of 48 itself.

Hexagram 48 by itself talks about a resource that doesn't change when we do - something that can be deeply reassuring, but can equally emphasise the gulf between where we are - running round on the surface - and where the water is.

The hidden core of the Well is hexagram 38, which has to do with extreme differences - especially, big gulfs in vision or understanding. I would guess there could be a connection between this offering of yours (or at the very least where you were coming from when you gave it) and your alienation from her now.

However - the Well isn't going anywhere. I would think she can come back to what you gave any time and find its value undiminished.

esolo

visitor
Reaction score
hi hilary,

i'm still trying to digest the comments here. this was something very important to me and i "gave" it to her via a third party. i was trying to be generous and i thought it would help her. i have no idea how to contact this third party to find out just what happened to this item. i don't feel like approaching her about it right now as we're not on speaking terms.

the comments about her "not connecting" with it are starting to make me wonder where this other person even gave it to her. could the nuclear 38 tie into that? the item was supposed to be given to her to help overcome an alienation. unfortunately, as you can see, we're still alienated. i'm just sick with anguish now wondering what happened to this item. did she ever receive it?

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
You know, it sounds like you need to talk to someone about this to get some solid facts - either find a way to get in touch with the third party, or overcome your reluctance and talk to the woman you gave it to. (Or did you lend it? All the more reason to start talking...)

I suspect we could speculate about possible and probably interpretations for a long time - whether she 'didn't get it' literally or just metaphorically - and you still won't feel any better until you find out for sure what happened.

just my 2p
(worth almost 4 cents ;) )

esolo

visitor
Reaction score
i gave it to her, so i'm not going to ask for it back.

here's my idea: she's not using it. it's locked away somewhere (the well itself where the water is held for safe keeping, ready to be used when you need it) and one needs a key (bucket) to get to it.

there is a kind of spiritual, life-giving quality to what i gave her so those who commented on that were correct.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,

you appear to be quite upset about this object. The only solution that will give you peace of mind is to go and talk to her, no need to ask for the thing back, just ask her hows she's getting along with it, is she happy to use it or whatever. Both of you are in weak positions at the moment, why not meet each other halfway. Phoning her is a good idea if you don't wish to go face to face. You are fretting about this thing, hoping for a happy outcome, while I believe that she has another problem on her plate at the moment, that's maybe why she doesn't want to talk. Like I said before, nothing is lost, anyway you gave it to her, just wait a few weeks for the situation to get back to normal and you should get some news about this object or you can get it back if you want it.

Last edited:

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,

the well represents the object, but the well is only the shell of the object. The well contains water and it is the water that gives nourishment to the woman, in this case "spiritual". The bucket is the key to getting the water out from the well. So in this case it would represent the key to understanding the object. The meaning of the object, so the key here would not be a physical key but a mental key to unlock the internal secrets of the object. If the rope is too short or you break the bucket, then a person cannot find the hidden meaning of what the object actually represents. He/she is lost and then the object has no meaning for them.

Just a thought.

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).