...life can be translucent

Menu

IChing v3.0.5 with Sequence Animation

stevev

visitor
Reaction score
1. New

Removed the switch between Consultation & Exploration modes, and implemented a Speed variable to select between slow, medium and fast movement, accessed via the Options main menu. You can actually consult at any speed and consultation is exploration, although at slower speeds you can consciously determine where you stop, unless you close your eyes ;-)

Implemented Animation of the diagram sequences, accessed via the Options main menu. Whilst in animation mode you can change which diagram is moving by selecting it, including the logic diagrams.

Changed the Colour mode, accessed via Options main menu to simply enable diagram colour. Their internal structure will always be displayed unless they’re in Image mode.

Moved the Secondary hexagram calculation from the Options main menu to the hexagram context menu, accessed via right clicking the diagrams.

Added Nuclear hexagram calculation to the hexagram context menu.

Implemented specific Label pages for bit, line and trigram Labels, no text defined yet.

Implemented a HTML About page with relevant links.

Defined an Andrade hexagram sequence and linked Lius’ IChing scans to this sequence. Not that it really makes any sense to do this, but they’re pretty and they provide an example of how to link external images to sequences.

Defined a Heybeor hexagram sequence using Lise’s hexagram names, ie. Labels, and linked her hexagram pages to this sequence. This also provides an example of how to link external web pages to sequences, and begins to illustrate that this application is also just a customised IChing specific browser.

Implemented standard browser Back and Forward toolbar buttons, although these currently only work for web pages. When I figure out how, I will also implement this functionality for the dynamically hyperlinked text as well.

2. Fixed

Fixed the HTML bleeding into the text.

A couple of other small fixes.

3. Future

I need to disassociate Label & Sequence definition so that you can associate any set of diagram Labels with any Sequence, eg. Heybeor labels in Wen Sequence, or Wilhelm labels in Binary sequence etc.

Now that I have been convinced that everybody else regards the top diagram line as the Least Significant Bit (LSB) in a diagram’s numerical value calculation I have to invert all my calculations and re-index all my data.

When I have implemented full editing of the data, the application can also be viewed as an IChing specific Content Management System (CMS).

Download it from:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~svivash

Regards

:bag: Steve

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Which is great - and what is an I Ching based CMS? - and now we just need a manual!!
:eek: :confused::hissy:

stevev

visitor
Reaction score
3.4.6 -> 25 (Difficulty, Innocence)

"The human mind is so good at taking advantage from trial that people can look back in time and declare, with the straightest of faces: All this has happened to me for reasons unknown at the time, but it must have been part of a plan."

"Most of the wisdom heaven might teach is built right into young sprouts, the rest being clockworks and natural law. We begin with heaven’s best guesses at how things might average out, a head start with promise, but no guarantees, not good and innocent, not sinful and fallen."

Sorry Hilary, I've still got some major restructuring, then I'll write the manual. It really doesn't do much yet !

These guys can explain it better than me http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Content_management_system

Last edited:

stevev

visitor
Reaction score
48.4.5 -> 32 (Reserve, Duration)

“The well is now closed for repairs, shut down and torn apart, being newly relined in tile and stone. Today it is just a wound, just a crude hole in the ground, useless, muddy and ugly. Old forms and structures lie scattered around. But this is one full step beyond its decay, and many beyond the first digging.”

“This certainly was a hole worth throwing some riches into. The time was taken to do it correctly, care was found to find the right place and patience was there to dig the extra depth, with every tedious hodful of earth, every stone carefully placed.”

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).