...life can be translucent

Menu

Hex 4 - Youthful Folly?

K

ktb123

Hello, everyone...

I have been studying the I Ching for about 9 months now, after I left my husband and set out on my own. Seeker, if you are there, I think you and I are a kindred spirit...my parallel in my universe, if you will...my circumstances are very similar to yours...unrequited love that you just "know" that will come back to you, a loser with a capital "L" for a former spouse (I am so dedicated that a stayed for 13 years).

Anyhow, I digress...I have posted a few questions here, but mostly I just read. And I read daily, so as to sharpen my skills, etc.

I asked today "What do I need to work on today? A question that I frequently ask (daily, almost ; D).

The answer was a simple, but complex "4"

So I'm searching all my resources...books, websites, etc., but this one seems to hit the target for me the most, as the responses are applied specifically to the question asked.

So, the teacher/student thing didn't really hit home with me, but the day hasn't panned out yet.

I found commentary under the hexagram index about "4" meaning a new beginning. I don't remember the author, so please forgive me for not giving credit where credit is due. But I liked this...today is about a new beginning for me.

After I read this, I heard the cat yelling to come in. I got up, opened the door, let the cat in...and proceeded to slam the door shut on my fingers.

Youthful Folly?

What do you think?

Kirstan

B

bruce

Hi Kirstan,

I'd read that as saying you need to return to the place where you are available to learn. That takes some undoing, usually. Rather than rely on what you know you know, for a little while forget what you know, and with a clean slate approach your teacher, like a child who is full of curiosity and expectancy.

K

ktb123

Thanks Bruce...I like that..."for a little while forget what you know, and with a clean slate approach your teacher, like a child who is full of curiosity and expectancy." So it's NOT about slamming the door on my finger? kidding.

Anyway, thanks for your input, it makes sense

B

bruce

Well maybe the door on finger trick was just to get your attention. Ya know, one of those "D'oh!" moments?
happy.gif

J

jesed

Hi Ktb

Just in case the commentarie could be useful

According with traditional teachings:

hex 3 is the caos of a new life (a new begining.. and so on); and hex 4 is cover this new life in order to protect it.

So, cover and protect the new energy in your life. Every new begining need some effort (hex 3) and also need protection and guideness (hex 4)

Best wishes

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).