...life can be translucent

Menu

Questions about Hex 64, changing to 46

functio

visitor
Reaction score
There's a certain lady I've known for a while, and last night we went out on our first date. This seemed to go well, as we seem to be similar people. However, I'm quite cautious by nature (and she seems to be the same) and was not sure what the situation was by the end of the evening, even though we parted on good terms and everything seemed good. Once I got home, I consulted the I Ching, asking whether the situation would have any 'legs' as far as a future relationship was concerned. The answer was Hex 64, (changing lines 3, 4 and 6) becoming 46.

Now, outwardly, this seems to bode well for the future. But I must confess that the changing lines seem to suggest that there are, or will be, some problems ahead. Hex 46 seems to suggest that things will flourish, but after relying on the I Ching for years I know that this sometimes means that I will learn from a situation as an individual, but that also it doesn't necesarily mean that that situation will go in a way that I was expecting.

So, what do others think about this? I'd value any insights because this is the first time in a long time I've met someone I actually like, but for once the I Ching seems somewhat confusing despite seeming to be positive on the surface.

stuart

visitor
Reaction score
My interpretation is after a period of time things look good.Your caution is predicted by the fox in hex 64 carfully making his way across the frozen lake.LINE 3-4-6 Success comes later after restraint and ordeal.However do not lose sight of your desired goal and move carefully towards it.line 6 warns of becoming excited close to reaching your goal with excess.
The hidden hexigram configuration seems to point to an upset then restoring the situation.
Over the period of time i see you changing and removing certain things from your enviroment allowing for this relationship to mature step by step into the excellent hexigram 46

functio

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Stuart

Thanks very much for your response and overview of the hexagrams. I too got the idea that time was involved, and perhaps caution, but I couldn't tell if the outlook was pointing towards a positive scenario. The images of attack and fighting were leading me to think that there would be more problems than solutions. I guess that time may be the ordeal, or perhaps indecision somewhere.

Even though I profess to being cautious, I also would (of course) like something good to come of this. So I guess that what Hex 64 is telling me to do is not to try and run before I can walk with this particular situation?

functio

visitor
Reaction score
I forgot to mention - can you please let me know what is meant by the reference to the 'hidden hexagram'? I'm not familiar with this term/concept, so if anyone can explain it to me (and especially in the context of the hexagrams I've mentioned), that would be most appreciated.

J

jesed

Hi Functio

some people call "hidden hexagram" what other call "nuclear hexagram"

Nuclear hexagram of 64 is 63 (order), I guess that's why Stuart said:"The hidden hexigram configuration seems to point to an upset then restoring the situation"

Best wishes

functio

visitor
Reaction score
Aha, I see - thankyou Jesed. This does indeed point at Hex 63, as you've pointed out. Again, this makes me feel that there will be some problems of some kind - or, at least, there will be if the situation is pushed too much rather than being allowed to progress under it's own steam? Once again I seem to be receiving some confusing signals!

auriel

visitor
Reaction score
try this interpertation in view of the original question's "legs": if you go you wont come back (46: that which ascends does not return)
3,4,6 combos seem to refer to undertakings or journeys; hence if you press on actively, according to the cautions in 64 you'll achieve; if your focus is elsewhere or you leave it to chance it'll enter the realm of object lesson. you shoud ask questions like, should i send flowers, or something. . .

functio

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks for your input! Yes, I get the idea that there's a journey involved - possibly in the form of some sort of time scale, and that it shouldn't be rushed - but also not left to run without some careful input.

Aside from that, we're planning to meet again soon. We just have to synchronise our free time (yet again, time crops up as a factor).

functio

visitor
Reaction score
I forgot to mention - line 3 of H.46 suggests using 'able helpers' to assist in the process. It's only just clicked with me that thats what's been going on, via this forum and through my own friends. Line 4 also suggests overcoming doubts in order to form a resolute approach, which is also true of my particular situation now - the lag involved before my next meeting with her is causing me to feel some sort of trepidation, which obviously I have to banish.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).