...life can be translucent

Menu

Carrying on and when a reading is interrupted

quale

visitor
Reaction score
hey everyone, been a while since I posted anything here but I need help once again.
i asked a bunch of questions and i could use help with interpreting the answers. these are all related to the same subject, so i'll try and get them in the right order.

1. What should i do about this? 64.2 -> 35
In general, does 64 say you should keep going or back off btw?

2.What if I just walk away and never look back? 12.1.4 -> 32

3. What if I peresvere? 64.3.6 -> 32

4. What if i don't? 12.2.4.5 -> 4

I don't know why exactly I asked that last question, when it's so similar to the second one I asked...it just felt like I should do it...

oh, and I also wanted to know, what if you're interrupted while casting the oracle? as in, someone comes in and starts talking to you? 'cus that's what happened when i asked question 4...i continued focusing on the question, but I'm not sure whether I should have started again or not...

I have an idea of what these readings are about but, I'm still not confident enough in my own interpretation abilities, so I thought it'd be smart to ask you guys and gals. :-D.

Cheers.

bradford_h

(deceased)
Reaction score
Dear Quale-
I would ask only one question and take more time studying the answer. To quote the Yi itself on this, and the last Gua on your list:

It is not I who seeks the young and inexperienced
The young and inexperienced seek me
The first consultation informs
The second and third show disrespect
Disrespect deserves no information

P

peace

You sound anxious - and I agree with Bradford.
Take a breath and study one answer - maybe a few different commentaries on the same answer.

B

bruce

True, however..

All these readings suggest the same thing. If at first you don?t know where you?re going, it?s best not to leave where you are, but don?t let your ambition fall asleep. You have more to learn and accomplish where you are.

I wouldn't worry too much about the interuption. Yi has a good attention span, even when ours drifts.

void

visitor
Reaction score
Interruption always makes me abandon the reading, ie after casting the 3rd line for example and someone came in and spoke to me I could not then continue with the same hex. Possibly just foolish superstition, but it just doesn't feel right.

J

jesed

Hi

Just in case the commentarie could be useful

According with traditional teachings, Yi Ching divination is about being in contact with the situation you are asking for.

If the distraction is low and doesn't interrupt this conection, you can go on (example: some times see a bird when you are casting the hexagram re-enforce the meaning of the answer).

If the distraction is strong enough to break the conection, you should start again after 5 minutes at least.

Best wishes

matt

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Quale,

Try not to worry too much about the outcome of your questioning. Our fates are alive with a myriad of possibilities, and we can often become fearful or anxious when we try to establish which is the "right route" to follow. One mans right is another mans left. Be confident that in whatever choice you make, there is something of value in it. I think the Yi is trying to tell you here that if you are not sure which direction you would like to take, give yourself a little more time. The answers will come to you if you expect them.

And just a slight variation on Bradfords offering;

In no way seeking youthfulness,
Youthfulness seeking me.

If you stop trying to seek out the youthfulness in your situation, then you may find it is already trying to find you, and a new Spring is just awaiting your silent nod.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).