...life can be translucent

Menu

Need help , need a job (or just the money would be nice)

Grandma

visitor
Reaction score
I asked what do I have to do to get one of these CA jobs 55.1.6-56. Doesn't sound good
Should I take the job from the temp agency in CM(long drive) 57.1.3.5-41. 41 didn't sound good with a job.
Should I apply for a job at the pilates studio opening on my street 45 no lines. Is that good?
Should I put my name on the list for SAC 51.3.6-30
Where should I look for a job 44.6-28
Should I go into businesss for myself 42.5-27. Is that good?
What should I do in business for myself 50.1.4.5.6-5
That seems kind of good except for the line number 4.

luz

visitor
Reaction score
42.5 -> 27 sounds good to me. If you are going to go into your own business, you should think about it carefully, though. I don't think the Yi will give you a satisfactory answer for that. At least come up with some ideas and then you can ask if they are good ideas.

45.0 sounds also positive. It's probably very convenient, having a job nearby, maybe while you plan for something more to your liking (own business?)

I wish you the best of luck.

martin

(deceased)
Reaction score
42 to 27 and 50 - has this business something to do with cooking?
A restaurant?
happy.gif

Grandma

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you for the reponse.
Um right now the business is anything, but I do have a strong interest in cooking. Health foods and raw foods I'm interested in now, actually.
So if 45 is good I will give it a try and think about the future.

luz

visitor
Reaction score
Cooking!
That's exactly what I meant when I said:
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

I don't think the Yi will give you a satisfactory answer for that<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
Martin understood!
biggrin.gif

Susan, I think you should think about a food related business..
I'm not so sure if 45 is really positive, though. It just seems positive to me..
happy.gif

luz

visitor
Reaction score
Upon consulting with more experienced people.. 45 still looks good, Susan. It might not mean that the job is very good but you might meet people there that will be helpful to you.. in any case, I think common sense tells me that you should apply to that job.

Good luck!
happy.gif

Grandma

visitor
Reaction score
OK, actually I was just going to go in there and see if they would hire me to do office work they don't have a want ad posted, bu tthey are so near me it would be good. I;ll give it a try. Does it give any other advice to go along with it?

martin

(deceased)
Reaction score
When 45 comes up, there can be a somewhat holy or devotional atmosphere. The text mentions an ancestral temple. A temple of worship of the body and physical beauty in this case? We receive our bodies from our ancestors ..
I don't know, perhaps it's good to imagine that you enter a place of worship. With respect ..
And inwardness. Be in your own inner temple ..

greenowl

visitor
Reaction score
Uh oh...Susan, I inexplicably got a second wind tonight and have spilled out a very long post. I wrote down some things about times when I've gotten some of these lines, plus some notes I've collected from other places, but keep in mind that 'second winds' can easily produce nonsense rather than good sense. Will put it in separate sections - better for loading into browsers apparently.

What do i have to do to get one of these CA jobs

You might be better off without this job - I got 56 several times when I was looking for a different apartment recently; it turned out that the area I was looking in would have been a bad place for a single woman. The property owner ultimately said he wouldn't rent to me, even.

Line 6 adds to the general warning - is this something that sounds good now, or sounds good on the surface, but for some reason might be actually detrimental?

greenowl

visitor
Reaction score
take job from temp agency in CM (long drive)

41 could mean RESULT of decrease, or could mean the reading is set in the general CONTEXT of 'decrease' (like the setting of a book, or stage setting.) In other words, you're entering into the reading thinking it will 'decrease' you, because of the long drive perhaps, and then you'd look at the primary hexagram for Yi's comment on how it will really be.

I'm really not sure what all the lines mean, but it doesn't sound all bad.

When there's multiple lines like this, sometimes they tell a story with the plot moving from bottom to top. Or sometimes it's showing different things about a situation that happen to all be true at the same time, like being glad you made a committment of some kind, even though at the same time it's a pain in the neck and you grumble about it.

Line 1 could mean that no matter what you do about this, it'll be somehow okay.

Line 5 sounds like it might end up well, but it might be important to take your time and pay attention to detail.

greenowl

visitor
Reaction score
pilates studio

Like everyone said, it sounds promising. But I wonder if it could also be merely saying that the situation is still developing, and it can't be known yet what will happen.

One name for 45 is 'Gathering,' possibly with the same connotation as 'the storm is gathering' Not that it'll be bad like a storm, but just that the place isn't open yet, they haven't posted ads yet...it hasn't taken its final form. I think I remember Hilary saying that an unchanging hexagram means the outcome can't be determined.

But now might be a good time to put your name in! You might be first in line which could help them remember you, plus if you impress them with the right attitude - Martin's suggestion of 'devotional,' - this might be a good deal.

I love the convenience factor especially if you'd be trying to get something else going at the same time - no commuting time and maybe stolen moments at lunch!

greenowl

visitor
Reaction score
put name on list for SAC

Have no idea what 'SAC' is.

Are you reluctant about this for what seems to be good reasons? Or is is something you've maybe procrastinated about?

Line 3 This line might mean (bluntly
blush.gif
) get off your butt and do it - the procrastination part.

Line 6 This line might be addressing the seemingly-justifiable reluctance, if any - like whatever is worrying you about this job is real (NOT your imagination), but for some reason it won't affect you.

I had a job like that once, long before I knew the I Ching existed. Was a horrible place to work - among other things, all the bosses were slavedrivers. But, for some totally inexplicable reason, they let me alone - I seemed to not be on their radar, like a Stealth bomber or something, without any effort on my part. And my coworkers did sometimes comment on it! Please note, though, that I was still very unhappy working there and left as soon as I could - it wasn't THAT lucky for me.

greenowl

visitor
Reaction score
Where should I look for a job

Line 6 This line generally makes me feel guilty & ashamed of myself - and appreciative - at the same time. Like I've hurt a friend but they forgive me and still like me. Have NO idea how that could relate to your question!

greenowl

visitor
Reaction score
go into bus. for myself?

What everybody else said! - this sounds favorable.

However, my experience with 42.5, plus just common sense, is that success won't be quite the foregone conclusion a lot of the translations imply. I've gotten this line about things that have STILL not panned out!

Here's Bradford's comments on it. See if any of them resonate with you:

The hunger for reassurance might only complicate things
To know if you tread the right path, look to your own appraisal even when luck turns good. If rewards are offered, collect them
Sometimes this is a gift to the other, for those who must quantify gratitude
Question regarding your rightness in motive and method
With heart in the right place, the end purpose is already gained
To seek answers and confirmation returns to doubt and self-conscious discomfort
Just as big a problem to define one?s giving as it is to define another?s gratitude
Who after all can give more with this help?
Charity, compassion, unconditional love do not always work
Growing means learning means humble
The lowly are the beneficiaries
Give and give, it comes around, pay forward
Don?t need permission
But you can screw up here too, no good deed goes unpunished, just do best
Road to hell paved with good intentions
To seek gratitude not the point
Deservingness? Think about paying your rent
Comments on non-judgmental
Meet needs, not needless expectations
Give welfare that teaches, sometimes tough love
Humble enough to ask, be strong enough to go without answers, will toughen skin

greenowl

visitor
Reaction score
what should i do in bus. for myself

Some of these lines seem to go either one way or another...confusing to me.

Line 1 This line seems to fit very well with what Jesed said. A commmentary I've taken notes from says, "If you are to be of any use in this situation, then inner renovation is necessary. Even if your position in society is a lowly one (a concubine) such willingness to remove obstructions within means that you make no mistake. This is profitable indeed, and you can find your place." Bradford says, "Get empty and clean, recipe says from scratch, not leftovers." One of his comments also says 'Sacrifice 1st batch?' which I suppose could either mean the '1st batch' of your business idea, OR that what you've been doing so far in your life is the 1st batch, and now you're going to move on to the 2nd (good) batch.

Line 4 I have notes that say this line is a sign of utter disaster, but it's unclear to me if the debacle is because the person is inherently incapable, OR if they're okay but just in the wrong job. (A current analogy - right now this reminds me of the maligned former FEMA director, if you've followed that at all.)

Line 5 My notes say that the 'tools' here are of high quality, which could mean either actual tools, or that you yourself are a high-quality tool for the task.

A more cautionary note says that whatever the caldron represents might be a bit impractical for day-to-day use, what with the gold handles and rings. OR, since yellow is the color of value and the color of the 'mean' (the center, moderation), it could be saying the thing represented by the caldron can be both practical AND attractive - good for everyday AND special occasions.

Line 6 In the context of your question, and everyone's suggestions about a food-related business, I like these comments of Bradford's:

"Stylish understatement combines the best of both worlds.
Classical, timeless.
Use for [haute?] cuisine or lunch."

Does that spark anything with you?

Grandma

visitor
Reaction score
Wow, thank you so much. I'll reread it later in the day so I can digest it better.
Thanks so much for taking the time to do all that. Where are Bradford's comments, are they on line some where?

bradford_h

(deceased)
Reaction score
Hi Susan-
You can find the translation & commentary at Section C of the Yijing portion at www.hermetica.info
To click the link is to download a large zipped pdf file, almost 400 pages. It's free.

greenowl

visitor
Reaction score
Susan,

Believe me, I have my own share of career and money problems so I sympathize. Also would like to make like hex 7 and eradicate such %^&* from the world. (j/k)

Highly recommend downloading and reading Bradford's stuff. It's challenging (quite scholarly), but that can be a GOOD thing - it's very worthwhile. I use his 'Notes' sections on the judgement, lines, etc. all the time - that's where a lot of what I posted for you probably comes from even where I didn't attribute it properly (and honestly don't remember the origin at this point - I'm a very sloppy note-maker. My apologies to authors everywhere...)

Also, check out LiSe Heyboer's site!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).