...life can be translucent

Menu

Hexagram 27 and money

cal val

visitor
Reaction score
I'd love to hear your experiences with hexagram 27 as it relates to money. In order to make what I want happen, I have to do something first... a first step... and *I* have to take it... it's not going to just happen... but that something is expensive. I've had at least three conversations with the Yi about this in the last few months (more if you count the times I ignored them), and they give the same answers everytime. I asked how I'm going to be able to afford it, and they say 27 with no changes, 27 with changes, 27 as resulting... a lot of 27 IOW. This morning we had another conversation... in which a lot came very clear. I said again to the Yi, but I don't have the money and don't foresee having it anytime in the near future. They answered 64 to 27. Of course, in this case, 64 just means it's almost time for... or before the time of the 27. I think I know what 27 means, but I'd love to hear your experiences just to be sure.

Thank you so much.

Love,

Val

bradford_h

(deceased)
Reaction score
Val-
You can think about money like you can think about food,
as potential energy, or material to be converted back into energy, as fuel to burn.

B

bruce

Agree with Brad. The image that came to my mind, Val, was tending a garden: fertilizer, pulling weeds, watering, maybe even some pruning. Hmm, money growing on trees?

J

jesed

27 is about: where are you searching for nourishment? (material, economical, spiritual)

64 is not only about cross the river; is also about put every thing in its propper place in order to work out (look at the image, about this)

I think that's the clue or hint tha saint Sages are giving you answering 27 all the times...if you need money, you must search for it in the propper place

Best wishes

auriel

visitor
Reaction score
i agree with Bruce & Brad, too.
also-27 connects with me to any change of perspective. trying to get more out of life and looking carefully at where i'm squandering energy so i can make a change. maximising potential, diminishing expectations in the material world, retrenching. when my main source of income was about to dry up i got the first, air-breathing turtle line, which was a harrowing omen. back to spiritual truths, thats how i see the 6th line. but it, the hexagram-as a-whole, could be about amusing a patron to keep or start the cash/nourishments flowing, i've had that experience- hanging on to a job by just being a better lockerroom character. if your needed piece of equipment is kitchen equipment though, all bets are off. . .

cal val

visitor
Reaction score
Hi guys...

Thanks so much for your help. Here's something I probably should have mentioned earlier... I just forgot *blush* This money just about has to grow on trees (Bruce, thanks for the image... that's exactly how I'm feeling)... because there's also a time frame here and, as comfortable an income as I get from my job, I'll never be able to save enough to do this expensive something by the "deadline."

I don't think this is about a promotion either (which I've been offered and declined) because I don't get any of the 'promotion' hexagrams. AND the Yi tells me to keep doing what I'm doing, keep at my current pace and enjoy myself. Again Bruce... in that case it would have to grow on trees.

That's why I was interested in people's experience with 27 as it relates to money. I was wondering if anyone's had the experience of 27 money growing on trees or dropping from the sky in a nice brown leather briefcase? *grin*

Love ya,

Val

cal val

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Auriel...

Thanks so much for your thoughts. If I'm understanding you correctly, you're talking about living an austere lifestyle? Yes? No?

I'm already quite frugal... it's a skill I learned living in survival mode in Virginia. I cut back in places people in LA can't even fathom... like I've decided to do the 22.1 thing... in LA yet! To get exercise and save money. I save on car payments, repairs, GAS and gawdawful car insurance payments. It's tough, but it's doable. And, as a result, I already save a tidy little sum every month. I'm sure I could pull the belt in a little more yet, but I still wouldn't be able to save this kind of money in time. Believe me, I've done the math.

Love,

Val

cal val

visitor
Reaction score
Auriel...

I'm baaa--aaaack.

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

...could be about amusing a patron to keep or start the cash/nourishments flowing<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

That's kind of the feeling I get from all the discussions I've had with the Yi about this... not that I have to amuse anyone... but I think I know what you mean... that there's a patron... but there's no patron in my life... that I know of anyway. That's one of the reasons I find this all so mysterious.

Love,

Val

auriel

visitor
Reaction score
val-
if i had a checkbook, why i'd surely consider sending you a little incentive. . .
42,000 turtle shells maybe. . .
hey! maybe there's something to that connection to money (41.5; 42.2)and (27.1).
turtles are hermits and maybe [insight] 27 is about hermitage, withdrawl, focusing the will, performing at parties but not really entering in, recycling bottles, saving money, and looking for that main chance.
this all could be just a rehersal for the next big chance that comes your way. think prometheus and epimetheus (trans.- forethought and afterthought)the greek hero brothers, who discovered fire - if you think you are too late, there is still time to be too early. just keep the spark of ambition alive, that's enuf.
still and all dont be consumed by it like prometheus who ended in his cave with a bottle of ouzo and an eagle pecking out his liver.
i guess the question is what are you savin' it up for really, ultimately?
sincerely
auriel
p.s. there is evidence that the ghost in the i ching machine considers himslf a patron of sorts. . .
p.p.s. terrible how they used to get those tortoise shells. . .

greenowl

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Val,

Just a couple little things you said - I'm not sure how they fit together.

<ul>[*]<font face="courier new">"...I have to do something first... a first step... and *I* have to take it... it's not going to just happen... but that something is expensive." <LI>"...AND the Yi tells me to keep doing what I'm doing, keep at my current pace and enjoy myself."</font>[/list]
You see? Yi's saying not to do anything, but you know it's a necessary step and BTW it's expensive...are there really three different things here? Getting the money (X), in order to do something (Y), in order to accomplish the ultimate goal (Z)?

If there really is an X, Y, and Z, which are you asking Yi about?

27 isn't a hexagram I get a lot, but I have the vague idea that when I get it in connection with a financial decision, it's a reminder that spending $$ on 'whatever' is not good, in light of the fact that I have to eat (pay rent, utilities, blah blah)
irked.gif

Simply to cover a base - this may make no sense in the actual context - is it possible that Yi's nudging you away from the goal itself? Telling you to relax and enjoy your life, instead of pulverizing the bare bones of your budget so much?

And if the idea of a patron resonates with you anyway, maybe it's in an entirely different way - maybe whatever 'Z' is will magically get done without your involvement? Either at all, or at least in the financial aspect?

greenowl

visitor
Reaction score
Crossed posts with Auriel...not to put words in her mouth that might not be there, but maybe we're getting at the same thing...

"what are you savin' it up for really" "terrible how they used to get those tortoise shells" - you're being so very draconian in pursuit of this, and it's not going to get you there anyway.

"there is evidence that the ghost in the i ching machine considers himslf a patron of sorts"

Maybe it's not up to you? Maybe Yi's telling you your goal is worthwhile, whatever it is, but it'll get done by somebody who can afford it?

Or maybe you'll be able to "nourish" it in some way other than money?

greenowl

visitor
Reaction score
I'm so paranoid *rolleyes*...must insert 'hedge' that of course there are many things you might need money for which absolutely positively can't be delegated...

cal val

visitor
Reaction score
Auriel...

Thank you soooo much. So may I assume then that the 42,000 tortoise shells are in the mail?

i guess the question is what are you savin' it up for really, ultimately.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote> I'm protecting myself against the unforeseen. I haven't in the past, and the unforeseen jumped up and bit me in the ass... hard. I don't learn all the lessons life has tried to teach me, but I learned that one... the proverbial hard way. Plus, even though I have enough life insurance to cover a good sized debt if I die now, I don't want to go into debt to get the things I need. At my age, I'm very concerned about what my heirs inherit. The only debt I want to pass on is a mortgage on real property... because real property is an appreciable asset. So when I need something, I have the money saved to buy it.

I'm set for retirement... vested and all that good stuff. I should be able to live very comfortably on my pension and social security, and the health insurance I have now (which is excellent) is for life. But retirement is anywhere from four to seven years away, and a lot can happen between now and then.

there is evidence that the ghost in the i ching machine considers himslf a patron of sorts. . .<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Yes... *grin* patron, mentor, guardian angel... good friend.

Love,

Val

cal val

visitor
Reaction score
Greenowl...

You see? Yi's saying not to do anything, but you know it's a necessary step and BTW it's expensive...<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>Pretty much so. Or the Yi is saying not to do anything yet. Not to worry about it at any rate. It's just that they say 27 so much, I thought I'd make sure I know what they're saying. When I get it, they usually stop repeating themselves (as patient as they are, I wonder if they don't tell blonde jokes behind my back). Anyway, after reading the posts in this thread, I do believe I've got the jist of it.

Getting the money (X), in order to do something (Y), in order to accomplish the ultimate goal (Z)?<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote> I definitely have to do Y to accomplish Z. And Y costs a lot of money. How I get the money is what Yi says 27 to. It's not just the Yi saying I have to do Y either. It's a long story and part of has unfolded right here in this forum. I've been through an extraordinary experience involving the Yi, my dreams, people who have approached me or crossed my path and this forum. Some of it (especially the most recent developments) has unfolded outside this forum. It's all been to teach me I can have Z and to prepare me for Y and Z, and it's all good.

If there really is an X, Y, and Z, which are you asking Yi about?<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote> I have no more questions that I can think of about Y and Z. It's just a matter of time now. I was asking about X because I don't have X... but I guess I will.

... is it possible that Yi's nudging you away from the goal itself?<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote> After they spent so much time and effort getting me ready for the goal and making me look at what I really want... in my heart (that can be a very scary thing to do)... and assuring me the goal is doable? LOL... no.

Love,

Val

void

visitor
Reaction score
I wish I understood this thread but was never good at algebra
howmuch.gif

sherab

visitor
Reaction score
Hello Val,
I'm coming into this conversation when it is already developed - but I wanted to throw in a couple of thoughts on the matter of #27..... Please forbear if they don't fit in the flow of insights put forward here so far.

I've been thinking about #27 - first, I looked at what it is not - #28. It is not a situation where the structure cannot support the weight of the content, like that sagging roof beam. It is an image of a structure that contains a lot of space - a mouth, or maybe a purse. Is it empty? or full of possibility? Perhaps it is telling you that, potentially at least, you have the structure in your life that could hold whatever it is you are wanting to add to it.

Then, from another point of view, just looking at the trigrams, the lower one is thunder, bursting forward, eager to move ahead. Perhaps that is you? and the upper trigram is mountain, which says - stop, here is a boundary. Perhaps that is your sense of whatever is standing in your way - which you might want to really drop in with, and see what it is. There are these two elements, and the tension between them creates a space between them, that inner, nuclear hexagram, which is wide open; the best thing with it is to be guided by the situation, so they say. But if we were to ask that hexagram to show us a method of how to get from point A to point B - (from your intention to the fulfillment of it), I could say that don't see a pattern or a map - unless the path is wide open, and you can walk right through.
Traditionally, #27 is about nourishment, as is that nuclear hexagram. In particular, it is about "nourishing what is right" - whatever that means to you.... Perhaps this hexagram, repeatedly drawn, is urging you to ground and orient yourself in an attitude of nourishment, (of giving benefit?) to yourself and others, as you sort this out. In that way money is a means, a medium that can transform and be transformed, like food or words.
Hmmmm....?
Sherab

cal val

visitor
Reaction score
Void...

LOL

Sherab...

I absolutely love your perspective on 27. And I have to say your analysis of the trigrams hits squarely on one of the realities of the situation. I'm ready to go... but there's a mountain in my way. I know what it is too, and it's something I have no control over. The good news is the universe with help from the Yi and other means has communicated to me that it's not a permanent mountain. And the way to deal with it at the moment is to wait in peace and not lose sight of the goal. I get 'don't lose sight of the goal' a lot, btw. I received 52 from the Yi last night when I asked what I needed to do about this 27, and then I dreamed 5.5 to 11 this morning. It was a visual of the hexagram. It was soft and white and tall... somewhere between 5-1/2 to 6 feet, and there was a lot of activity around it, but I just watched calmly from a distance as the hexagram changed from 5 to 11. The transition was very well orchestrated and visually pleasing... like a ballet.

Thank you so much for sharing your views on 27. Your post is thought-provoking, and I've already read it three times.

Love,

Val

greenowl

visitor
Reaction score
Val,

Anyway, after reading the posts in this thread, I do believe I've got the jist of it.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
Glad to hear that, 'cause I just re-read the thread and I can't see where we helped!
uhoh.gif

When I get it, they usually stop repeating themselves<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
Yeah, I know what you mean
biggrin.gif
. So the spate of 27s has in fact stopped?

cal val

visitor
Reaction score
Feedback... funny feedback actually... on the question in the first post in this thread (and on MY understanding of the Yi's message to me) following...

The Yi was definitely talking to me about money that was yet to come... and, in fact, much to my surprise, was predicting the future... three and a half to five months into the future.

I'd forgotten all about this thread, and around the New Year I started getting a rash of 27s again. I emailed a fellow YiJinger about it. Soon thereafter I found out why. I received a rather sizable raise effective January 1... soon after which I made the purchase I was contemplating in the first post here.

Yesterday morning I received another rash of 27s, and 27 didn't relate at all to the questions I was asking. One of the answers was 24 to 27. I invite you (just this once) to try to interpret it and then read on.

All finished interpreting? Okay... this is what the Yi was really talking about. I just got my paycheck this morning, and there is yet another raise on it and a rather sizable chunk of money because THIS raise is retroactive to the beginning of October. There's your 24... retroactive. It don't take no brick wall to fall on me. 27 is indeed very much about money.

I just came to the forum to use the hexagram index to see if anyone else has had any experience with 27 and money and to my surprise and delight found this old thread of mine. Such wonderful synchronicity... no? And such wonderful validation of my understanding of the Yi. I was absolutely right when I said, "Of course, in this case, 64 just means it's almost time for... or before the time of the 27."

I recommend reading or re-reading this entire thread... especially those who posted their interpretations of 64 to 27. I think it provides a valuable learning experience for those who get hung up in the lines, for those who get hung up in a 'system', about the dangers of reading for other people and is a good illustration of why I don't want interpretations and long ago stopped asking for them and started asking for experiences instead.

Have fun everyone. Don't you know this is going to be a fun weekend for me!... *grin*

Love,

Val

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).