...life can be translucent

Menu

I Could Use Another View

mercury

visitor
Reaction score
Following Yi's advice I've been trying to stay centered and focus on repentance and openness -- while not losing sight of my own well-being -- in my current marital situation. I asked Yi what was going on between myself and my spouse; I got
32.6 > 50.

The change at the top of 32 disconcerted me; Karcher says "Persevering. Trying to Fix the distant horizons. Trap! The Way Closes." Then, "The Great is without achievement here."

I asked for clarification of this idea and got 26.1.2.3.6 > 2, which sounded GREAT -- and which reflects motion I've been feeling in my life right now. But I'm a bit unclear on the relationship between these readings. If anyone has any insights, much appreciated.

B

bruce_g

Something's cooking, and it looks as though it's reached a point of boiling over.

B

bruce_g

26.1,2,3,6-2 contains these powerful emotions, perhaps turns down the heat a notch. But you must be on guard not to lose your own ingredients.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
32,6 can mean you are just trying to hard, being too anxious to get a result, to 'fix' things once and for all. What happens between you is still cooking, and cooking well (50)don't try to rush things, relax or the food will spoil. Actually I like getting 32,6, I take it as the Yi advising less worry, the worry is harmful right now, let things unfold in their own time.

Re the 26 -2 answer I think I again see that as making big efforts to get something done, a sense of trying to 'achieve' something, whereas whats needed is receptivity and acceptance to the situation, responding naturally to things as they happen.

Both readings say to me you need to stop 'manouevring' , to get a result and relax.

I don't know if that fits as don't recall how it is in your marital situation, but anyway thats my take on it :)

mercury

visitor
Reaction score
troajn, Bruce, yeah, there's definitely been an anxiousness on my part, a strong desire to fix things, and constant advice from yi to chill and let things take their course.

And bruce, yes, "losing my own indgredients" is the complication in this whole matter. I keep getting lots from yi about transformation, and that's what I want -- but there's an attendant uncertainty about what transformation really means in my situation.

miakoda

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Another way to look at it is:

26.1, 18.2, 52.3, 23.6>2.

mercury

visitor
Reaction score
thanks Miakoda! Yes, it all fits with what's going on. Patience, patience, and more patience.

B

bruce_g

Merc, I’m going to generalize here a moment. When something inside is pulling in one direction, and something outside is pulling in another direction, interpretations of readings can become extremely confusing. There is “doing the right thing” pulling in one direction, and also doing what just feels right (“your own well being” or your own ingredients), pulling in the other direction.

The intuit (or possibly just my own projection) I get from you is that you have a strong moral or ethical constitution. That would mean that ‘doing the right thing’ prevails in this tug of war. But, you fear losing something essential of yourself in the process. 32 tells you to keep on keeping on, but it also tells you to stand firm in your direction. The direction you take is up to you, and you alone.

These are the big bulls, that LiSe’s 26 speaks of. If you haven’t yet discovered LiSe’s Yi translations and commentaries, this is her hex 26: http://www.anton-heyboer.org/i_ching/hex_17-32/hex_e_26.htm You may find it helpful.

Best to you.

mercury

visitor
Reaction score
bruce, thank you, and yeah, your intuitions are pretty much there. I could paint in the several shades of grey in the situation, but that's bascially it. As far as my moral constitution, I dont' know...a friend of mine once told me he separated the world into 'truth' people and 'justice' people, and the two don't always meet. The LiSe line for 26.6 "the Gods were never decent" brought that notion immediately to mind. Big bulls, alright. I keep thinking yi is going to reveal the appropriate bull for me, and I know it won't. I guess I just have to be patient and let it reveal itself.

Thank you for your thoughts.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
"in my current marital situation. I asked Yi what was going on between myself and my spouse; I got 32.6 > 50."

Hex 32.6 you will achieve nothing if you continue in your present restless, anxious and agitated state, calm down.

Hex 50 your relationship is undergoing a change, so take it easy, stay focused and accept the situation as it now stands but be there to feed the fire (relationship), you can make something good out of it because the potential is there for success, this in turn will lead to a good solution.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
"I asked for clarification of this idea and got 26.1.2.3.6 > 2,"

Hex 26.1 you are racing to do something in regard to your present situation, but you are up against an obsatcle, so stay still and wait otherwise there will be problems.

Hex 26.2 be content to stay still and wait, restrain youself.

Hex 26.3 when the obstacle has finally been removed then you can take action but be on the look out for any unforseen problems that may crop up unexpectedly. But do not rush it, take it slow and steady, and becareful

Hex 26 .6 when all the obstacles have finally been overcome, all your actions in this affair will prove to be successful.

Hex 2 finally it is the time to be receptive, follow and don't take the lead. Let others do the action.

mercury

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks willowfox...it's hard being patient, very hard to let go and leave it all to fate. But I'm trying. I get anxious about slipping back and the anxiety feeds my impatience.

Anybody got any patience tips?

RindaR

visitor
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
patience

Mercury,

Assuming that your question was not retorical, I asked what Yi had to offer in the way of general help with patience and got 21.3.4>22.

I think 21 means it's important to see clearly the consequences of not being patient so one can be firm in one's resolution so to be.

Line 3 validates the idea that it really does hurt when one feels frustrated - cured meat is tough, hard to chew, and doesn't easily give up it's nourishment.

Line 4 - bones and arrowheads - pthpthui! The arrowhead is what the hunter used to take down the game when it was living, it's the cause of the trouble. Find out what went wrong - do a chain analysis, etc.

22 - energy and beauty - could refer to the situation apriori, the one before the frustration set it, or could refer to the results of being patient, (or both?)

Rinda

mercury

visitor
Reaction score
Rinda, thanks...I'll be asking yi myself ASAP. (but I must be PATIENT until then!!!)
It's amazing how constistently yi has treated my situation, and patience and waiting have been the watchwords. I know things are subtly changing, I can feel it and I can see it. But letting go is hard.

Thanks again.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
"I asked what Yi had to offer in the way of general help with patience and got 21.3.4>22"

Hex 21.3 pursuing the problem only leads to trouble because one lacks the power to deal with the problem head on, so this makes one feel awkward/annoyed/impatient at not being able to take some sort of action, feeling helpless.

Hex 21.4 in order to overcome the problem, one must be tough and tackle the problem step by step, not to give up but to keep persevering.

Hex 22 the desire to do something must be silenced and the mind put to rest, therefore , one must be clear minded and calm, sit back and contemplate the situation and be at peace within yourself and in turn with the world. This waiting/patience leads to eventual release when the problem will be resolved.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).