...life can be translucent

Menu

2007 and splat.

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Very glad to be here. I've been reading the site for several months now and I'm still impressed at the expertise in interpreting this wonderful book.

I've been consulting the IC for about 15 years now (mostly via the Wilhelm version) going as I go through various stages of understanding humility and pride and the neverending lessons involved. It still amazes me how such a book seems to act as a virtual conduit to one's higher self or oversoul. It's quite incredible at times. I haven't looked as deeply into the tradition as many of you, however.

It is only now after a particularly difficult and challenging few years that's left me emotionally bankrupt. I can now see the wisdom of the book more clearly after having some 'false selves' peeled away, but I don't want to use it as a crutch either. (Mind you, the IC seems pretty good on that - when thing get a little frenzied it slaps your face too! ;)

Suffice to say, I've recently lost my job, my home, my girlfriend and sense of direction. Life has given me a massive wake up call regarding my behaviour so I'm still very shell-shocked and lacking emotional strength. It was needed and I am currently battling with deep regret. (No crimes committed - more about ego) But I am genuine in my resolve to understand and get back on track. In one sense, this is the opportunity to re-invent myself along more truthful lines - the real me.

I'd really appreciate some views on a coupla questions I did today regarding work. I think I understand the basic meanings but perhaps I've missed some subtleties.

Is this company the one I should go for?

62.3 changing to 16

So, is it necessary to prepare myself in terms of skills much more or is it a case of simply avoiding this field as I so want to do anyway?

7.5 changing to 29

Pretty grim eh? But I can't do anything else right now it seems. I'm on a limit to how much time I can give this - you gotta eat before the cash runs out...But I may be in over my head in terms of my approach. Perhaps I need to compromise in some way? I've had consistent answers to stay modest and humble, don't do anything impulsive but this is a chance for a return to the correct (spiritual) path. I'm trying to be receptive and open, knowing that this is about inner work which will manifest what is needed externally. Perhaps something entirely different will come along? I've no idea. So, presently in a pit and trying to retain positive and open to lever myself out.

Once again, thank you in advance and look forward to sharing with all of you.

Topal

Last edited:

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
"Is this company the one I should go for? 62.3 changing to 16"

Hex 62.3 says that you should be very cautious when you approach this company, there could well be unforseen problems, so pay attention to all the details involved and you can win through.

Hex 16 says joining this company is the right thing to do, as there are no problems indicated. So be enthusiastic and then you will find friends here who will help you.

"So, is it necessary to prepare myself in terms of skills much more or is it a case of simply avoiding this field as I so want to do anyway? 7.5 changing to 29"

Hex 7.5 the problem has to be dealt with, there is no avoiding it, so use your experience and determination to push ahead, and always seek help when you have a problem. Avoiding only brings misfortune and failure.

Hex 29 says it will be difficult but you must prepare yourself, so you cannot avoid the "field", it has to be done but do it properly and you will have success.

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for that Willowfox - very useful indeed. I've been thinking about it for the last hour.

What do you think about the elusive nature of 7.5? I don't know, but it seems to suggest that the old ways aren't necessarily the best. Could another interpretation be that I should be enthusiastic but not at this particular job but certainly in this field? Well, I'll have to find out I guess.

More to ponder on. Many thanks again.

Topal

miakoda

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Topal:

I read your answers about your job prospects with concern. 62.3 isn't a particularly auspicious line. Karcher's translation says: "You are overreaching yourself and are in real danger. If you go on like this, you may be killed. The way is closed. Abandon this way of proceeding." Before that scares you to pieces, let me say that I've gotten this line when I'm on the wrong path and, as they say in Monty Python's Spamalot, I'm not dead yet. But I always take it seriously and think you should be very, very wary.

7.5 is very much about preparing yourself. It's about thinking of the future, planning for the enemy. You are heading into danger, 29. Think ahead and lead like the older son--don't carry the dead. Have you tried http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/hexsearch.ph? It can be an informative way to learn about the lines.

You could also ask the Yi Jing about further job prospects. Perhaps you'll find the guidance to lead yourself out of the danger.

Good luck.

Best,

Miakoda

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Maikoda,

Hmm. I certainly think that 62.3 bears further thought. I'm increibly bored with this work but I can't think of anything else I can do in these particular circumstances.(Can't go into too much detail on that I'm afraid).Taken with other IC responses to questions I posed in the last week or so, caution, danger, simplicity, inner preparation rather than outer - were the key themes.

7 has cropped up a bit relating to the fact that I have to be the 'warrior' so to speak but I think perhaps, again that this is very much in terms of a battle for the right attitude and a return to the right path. 49 has cropped up in this context too. It is about the future and planning so therefore I can't hang on to the pain and shocks of the past. I must transform them. Any transformation or birth is painful right? I can't expect it to be easy. Question is: am I making it TOO difficult? Is there something else that is more me? Perhaps, but there's no time for self-indulgence. I just don't want to make the wrong choices now. It feels like a make or break time having spent much of my life repeating patterns. Just don't know.

Maybe it is time to do the reverse of what is deemed sensible? I'll take a look at some of the past threads on this try to pull it all together and take the average...

Thanks again, I really appreciate your wishes.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
"What do you think about the elusive nature of 7.5? I don't know, but it seems to suggest that the old ways aren't necessarily the best. "

Well, in view of the question you asked, I still think that it is telling you to go seek others and either learn those skills or improve them, if you avoid the issue then there will most certainly be problems later on. I would imagine that you would not be employed anymore. I think that in the end learning the skills would prove to be very good thing to do.

As for Karcher's interpretation of line 62.3, I really don't see that anyone is lightly to kill you at the new company but still. It says that there is danger from being overconfident and lax ("Abandon this way of proceeding." as Karcher says.) in your approach to this company but if you are cautious, check all the facts you will not be put in an awkward postion later on, so basically be prepared for problems.

Hex 16 is only about being enthusiastic about the company that you asked about and it does not apply to the "field" either that was a separate question.

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

Yes, I see. My general impression is, as you say Willowfox, that it's not something that can be avoided however I look at it. The company however, might not be the correct way to go in which case, I can reappraise that side of things.

Anyhow, I consulted the IC again and this is what I recieved:

If I manage my time correctly, prepare as much as I am able the skills and attitude needed for this job at this particular company would this be an acceptable course?

54.1 changing to 40.

This hexagram was recieved a few times with my past relationship (as did my girlfriend) but I was thinking so subjectively that I couldn't, or didn't want to see the writing on the wall. Here it is again. Secondary position. Stay in the background but keep the wider goal in mind? Attitude again. Staying centered?

And a further question: Is there a possibility of doing something entirely different?

28.4 changing to 48.

So, it is more about my attitude that could magnetize negative events rather than external factors being inherently unstable? I can take the burden but I have to trust and not be weakened by the past. More importantly, I have to take the wider view and learn to decentralise myself more, go with the flow?

I guess it's time to go forward, very carefully, but I might see if I can find another company...

Thanks so much Willow and Maikoda.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
"If I manage my time correctly, prepare as much as I am able the skills and attitude needed for this job at this particular company would this be an acceptable course?
54.1 changing to 40."

Hex 54.1 suggests that if you join this company you will have to keep a low profile but if you know your job then your position within the company will be very satisfactory.

Hex 40 says that an obstacle in your path has been removed and that the difficulties that you had are slowly being resolved, so this suggests time to get back to work. Therefore, preparing well would be successful for you.

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, this feels right. Time to go forth with due awareness.

Many thanks again, this has been extremely helpful.

best wishes,

T.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).