...life can be translucent

Menu

2007 Part Deux: The Future and Yi

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

Reading with interest all some of the past threads and trying to organize my present. The advice on work was very useful and a plan appears to be manifesting as does a place to live. A few thoughts follow...

Fighting depression right now as I let go of any possibility of reconcilation with my ex-girlfriend. Letting go is so, so difficult, but then if I want the best for her then that is what I must do right? What do you do when you see what a jewel she is and what a fake you have been? It cannot be about me anymore, what I want, but about her - what is best for her. The IC has made it abundantly clear from my attempts to extract a positive repsonse that it isnt going to happen, that friendship is unlikely. Perhaps I really have nothing to offer her until my change is seen and known as genuine. By then, it maybe too late of course. I need to accept that which I'm having a hard time doing.

From a variety of different questions based around the same theme: Hex 62, 9, 31, 6, 49, 12 (changing to several times) and 2. Hex 6 was particularly hard to take in response to 'Am I detrimental to **** now?' I guess so. I would love to write to her but I know this can only exacerbate the situation. She apparently does not want contact anyway. Perhaps what she and I both need is time. Even then, there appear to be no guarantees. Man! Such pain and regret. But I cannot deny I needed this in order to learn to see my actions for what they were.

My query to you all stems from the above responses which had quite a few questions based on the future. Is it corrrect to say the IC is none too approachable regarding the future? As the future only exists as variables or as infinite possibilities, then I presume IC is going to give an answer wholly confined to the present which is the midwife of those pontentialities after all? Our future(s) depend on how we are in the present. What do you think?

Hex 12 for our overall situation at present fills me with such sadness and pain. But then, that is what is needed - that's what has to be gone through. Maybe then I can transform myself into a more broader relationship with life - to decentralise my Self.

Anyhow, thanks for the opportunity to ramble - comments welcome.

Topal

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
"Is it corrrect to say the IC is none too approachable regarding the future? "

The IC will show future possibilities, most questions asked here are future related.

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
hi,

I'm not thinking too clearly at the moment... What I meant to say was, if we have a predetermined bias towards a future possibility or a strong wish or need to extract one probable future is there the likelihood that the IC will give us a picture of our state right now, in order to stimulate our own thinking? In other words, is there a time that a future possibility is passed over in favour of reminding the questioner about the initial state or attitude that produced the current circumstances thus ensuring that they'll be able to find the correct solution on their own?

I'd really appreciate some help on Hex 12. I can't find so much about it from the hexagram search. Is it generally as dire as it seems, or is it only a temporary 'stagnation'?

Many thanks again.

Topal

autumn

visitor
Reaction score
Yes. You're right. The more you attempt to escape the present by focusing on the future, the less information you get about the future. The future is never given if you are not in the present.

hexagon

visitor
Reaction score
Portal to Awakening...

autumn said:
Yes. You're right. The more you attempt to escape the present by focusing on the future, the less information you get about the future. The future is never given if you are not in the present.

Yes. This simple realization can be a portal to awakening. There's something about recognizing that all we have is the present (existential) moment - that's where your power is - where you feel, see, do. This realization can transcend even the IC.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
"What I meant to say was, if we have a predetermined bias towards a future possibility or a strong wish or need to extract one probable future is there the likelihood that the IC will give us a picture of our state right now.."

The IC will give you a picture of the present as well as what the future holds. The IC when asked will always give an answer, it does not leave you hanging in limbo it gives you a solution to your question. We are all living in the present, but looking to the future to see what it holds enables us to avoid mistakes, allows us to take the right course of action in any given situation, so the IC will let you know what you need to know about the future. The future is less than one nano second away, the present is always changing into the future and the past.

Interpreting hex 12 really depends upon the question asked.

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the replies - that clarifies things in my mind which is not exactly stable at the moment...

I asked: The future for me and ****? Hex 12 unchanging. Well, I think it's fairly obvious now and I'm having a very hard time adjusting to it. So, I asked Is there any chance for reconcilliation between myself and ****? I received Hex 10.2.5.6 changing to 51.

I'm getting 10 a lot in relation to **** and my life lesson here and now. I took that I have to tread very carefully if I want to do this, knowing that it may be a shocking experience but I'd learn quite a bit from it. The question is, that may be the case, but is it good for her?

I then asked if I was detrimental for **** ?

Hex 6.1 changing to 12.

This was very depressing to read and it seems I can only make small gains and honour who she is by not interacting in the near future - or even ever.

Any further angles on these hexagrams would be much appreciated but I think as I write this, that the prognosis is not good, and I'll somehow have to get used to it for her sake.

Topal

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
"I asked: The future for me and ****? Hex 12 unchanging."

Hex 12 standstill, stagnation, so no future here.

" I asked Is there any chance for reconcilliation between myself and ****? I received Hex 10.2.5.6 changing to 51.'

Hex 10.2 says best for you to remain alone, free of entanglements, so stop your wishful thinking and give up the struggle.

Hex 10.5 says to be careful and to avoid trouble because there is danger for you if you continue to be involved with her.

Hex 10.6 the relationship has come full circle and you should examine the past to see how you did, but obviously your performance was not so good, so think again about any chance for a union.

Hex 51 you are due for some kind of shock/suprise/upheaval which will get you all worried at first but it will work out fine. It will most likely wake you up to see the reality of the situation and to make you rethink your desire to be with X, a time of change and new opportunities, a time to cut away this outdated relationship, a time to face facts and reassess your life, the outcome is positive for you, giving you a new happiness.

"I then asked if I was detrimental for **** ?

Hex 6.1 changing to 12."

Hex 6.1 says not to carry on with this saga, call it a day, then it will be good for both of you. So you were detrimental for X but if you stop all your activity then it will produce a good result for her.

Hex 12 it seems that you were a hinderance to her and that you caused disharmony within the relationship causing it to stagnate.

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you Willowfox. I can't do anything else except to understand the reality of this however hard that may be.

Thank you again for your clear posts.

Topal.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).