...life can be translucent

Menu
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Memorizing the I Ching Hexagram 20. Kaun / contemplation (View)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Six in the second place means:
    Contemplation through the crack of the door.
    Furthering for the perseverance of a woman.

jesed Guest

Quote Originally Posted by frank_r
    So I was thinking is someone working with the Form hexagrams? because I saw nobody mentioning it till now.
    Hi frank

Yes... a fantastic and under-used tool.. altough we use it with some minor diferences, and with some diferent meaning (if I understand you well; but maybe we are just talking about the same with other words)

Not the idea-form dichotomy, but from "microcosmical" manifestation-back-to-"macrocosmical" influence.. or in traditional terms: the retrograde movement.

Best wishes

P.S. "we", as I had mention months ago, are a study circle conected with Wilhelm's own study circle. That's for Luis... no books about this tool in the way "we" use it (yet )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi Jesed,

Nice to hear you also use it.

Frank R

lightofreason Guest

IC+

Line 2
    "Narrow contemplation. For some, all that is needed. Enough to understand, not too much to threaten.(Foundations)"

WIth/from admiring comes dispelling of illusions/delusions (lifting the fog - 59)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Through the crack in the door one has a limited outlook; one looks outward from within. Contemplation is subjectively limited. One tends to relate everything to oneself and cannot put oneself in another's place and understand his motives. This is appropriate for a good housewife. It is not necessary for her to be conversant with the affairs of the world. But for a man who must take active part in public life, such a narrow, egotistic way of contemplating things is of course harmful.
    -Wilhelm

Had a 20.2 experience yesterday. I had noted that my neighbor friend was missing the bar for the toilet paper roll in the bathroom and so had to place the roll up on a shelf above the tank. Without saying a word I picked up a new one the next time I went to the local hardware store. Yesterday I replaced the missing bar and installed the toilet paper in it's proper place. I then waited silently to see who would discover the improvement first. I didn't have to wait for long. In a matter of minutes the three year old found the t.p., unrolled it and flushed it all down the john, plugging up the pipes and causing the bathroom to be flooded.
    Anyway, now I know it's true even a good housewife may not have all the answers, and why my friend doesn't hang toiletpaper in her bathroom.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rosada For This Useful Post:

galatea11 (July 4th, 2016)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

bruce_g Guest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Six in the third place means:
    Contemplation of my life
    Decides the choice
    Between advance and retreat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is the place of transition. We no longer look outward to receive pictures that are more or less limited and confused, but direct our contemplation upon ourselves in order to find a guideline for our decisions. This self-contemplation means the overcoming of naive egotism in the person who sees everything solely from his own standpoint. HE BEGINS TO REFLECT AND IN THIS WAY ACQUIRES OBJECTIVITY. However, self-knowledge does not mean preoccupation with one's own thoughts; rather, it means concern about the effects one creates. It is only the effects our lives produce that gives us the right to judge whether what we have done means progress or regression.

Here a weak line in the place of transition is undecided whether to go forward or back ward. It is at the bottom of the nuclear trigram Ken, mountain. Hence the backward look over its life, hense also the idea of the right way.
    -Wilhelm

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast